Fun New Post: Falling in Love on E - Anyone?

denverroller

Bluelighter
Hey everyone - new topic. I want to hear the stories about those of you who have fallen in love on e. Who has lasted, who hasn't, etc. My story: (began June, 1999)
I had dated a guy for 6 yrs, was getting ready to move to CO to finally end the long-distance relationship we had. I was hanging out with some of my friends from high school for the summer. One of them was a guy I didn't really hang out w/ in h.s. and hadn't seen all through our college yrs. Well, my 1st time on e was in St. Louis w/ him. I had been having feelings for him but he was a wild one(anti-relationship) so I hadn't expressed it. Well, we both were TOTALLY in love that night. I have experienced nothing like that roll since (original green triangles). I still experience the love, though. Our relationship is perfect. Open, loving, and healthy, unlike the one before. It's been 4 months now, and I feel closer to him every day. So I don't believe the love you feel on it is "fake" or whatever people say. I think e just gives you the chance to let go of your inhibitions and recognize your true feelings. W/out it, I would probably still be in a miserable, abusive relationship! P.L.U.S. Love you baby!

My ex took me into the world of X, and for quite a while "we" felt like we where in :love". however, my best friend thinks it was mostly the drug use. We ended it after a couple of months. Anyways, I saw her at 55 and we ended up kissing but that was about it. I don't think the "love" that X creates is fake, but it can disillusion things. As I look back on it now, I realize that we weren't in love. It was a misconception and a way too fast moving relationship. I know what real "love" feels like. I was once in love with a wonderful girl, but eventually due to circumstances it wore down. Now, I;m worried I won't find it again, I tend to just get these girls hooked and then drag them through the mud. Anyways, I still talk to my Ex (the one I love) and we are always on and off...so who knows...*shrugs*
Anyways, there is my piece, I'll end my incoherent babbling now

Yeah, think there is a basis to believe the feelings you have for someone you meet on E are no less "real" than at any time. Can't give you a personal example (although my current...um..."significant other-ish thingy guy" - you know who you are - help me out here!
smile.gif
and I met while Eing.) I would never do anything with anyone on E that I wouldn't do otherwise. Nor do I make assessments of people while Eing that change once I'm straight.
That's the best thing about E - it doesn't mask your feelings, or create false ones, just emphasises the ones you already have.
I don't know if I could "fall in love" with someone I just met if I was Eing - but then I don't believe in falling in love on first meeting full stop. Nothing's impossible, though...
Pillcat

Well, I'm glad to know you're love experience has worked out so well. I must admit, the core group I hang out with are s ocool, and we're great friends, which probably helped fascilitate the friendship ties.
However, my love/e connection didn't quite turn out so well. It was this girl who I'd been talking to off and on for a month or so. Finally decided to pop the question and see if she wanted to go on a date. She did, so everything was cool. We met up at a local Denny's after I got off from work (first day at Universal, now that I think of it). We hit it off immediately, then she asked a question: a friend of hers was throwing a small house party, and since I left it up to her what we did, I figured what the hell, who am I turn down a party?
Well, we got there and I found out everyone was rolling. I'd never tried e, nor had the desire up to that point. I was still a product of governement brainwashing, mind you. but, not wanting to ruin the evening ro anything, I did. Awesome experience, unbelievable. We were just making so many connections, I couldn't believe it.
Well, suffice it to say we dated extensively. She was to me the perfect woman and we had fun. But, and there's always a but, things started going downhill. All she ever seemed to want to do was go to parties and do drugs ans shit. That had me starting to think all we had between us was e and all those goodies. She also had a complete personality change, from intelligent, funny, nice and funloving to bitchy, serious control freak psycho who'd kiss you one second then yell at you the next. I'm guessing that was her true personality she just had covered up.
I dunno, for every case like mine, there are several others like yours where the love is true, and is only fascilitated by ecstasy. I wish you all the luck, and hope someday I can find someone and share that special love with her.
smile.gif

Hmmm... let me clarify a few things:
1. I was in love w/ him before we did e together, I just didn't want to say it to him b/c I knew I was leaving for CO and I didn't know how he felt about me.
2. Turns out he was doing the same - was in love w/ me but didn't want to say anything b/c of the guy I had been dating for 6 yrs and b/c I was leaving.
3. We have only done e together 2 times since then, and we are in love just as much all the rest of the time w/out it.
I agree that e does "accelerate" things and I don't know about "falling in love" with someone who you didn't have prior feelings for. That's why I posed the question - to see different sides. Thanks for responding - you'll find true love someday - it comes when you aren't looking for it! Trust me! LOL

denverroller...I am so happy that you have found your true love
smile.gif
you're a very lucky person. reading this thread has been very interesting as I felt the same thing with my last boyfriend. We met before I had ever tried e, but he of course introduced me to it. I can't really remember my first time to be perfectly honest, although I think I only had a half from memory (this was 3 years ago). But the second time, it was just me and him at a dance party on our own. he and I shared a kiss so deep and so full of emotion that I don't think I will ever experience that with anyone else. It was at that moment that I fell in love with him. It wasn't the e. It was the e that just intensified an emotion that was already there. That night was one of the most incredible of my life. After the party we just walked and walked and walked and talked about everything important in our lives. We grew very close that night, and said things very important to both of us. The feelings from that night carried over into our normal 'sober' lives. So yes, we did fall in love on e, but it wasn't the e that caused it. The feelings were already there...we just became more intune with them and able to express them more.
You know, the whole time I was typing that though, I couldn't help but take notice of all the anger and cynicism that was building up inside me. Two people can find true love, and truly experience it in the deepest possible way, yet one person can just turn around and become scared of the depth of their feelings and just run away, tearing out a heart and ripping it into tiny little pieces at the same time. And you know....you can only find true love once or twice in your life and when you think you've found it and it lasts such a relatively short amount of time, can you really ever think to find it again? NO. It's just so futile thinking that there may be someone for you and that one day you will find that person. Then they just screw your life around destroying your hope and your soul for anyone unfortunate enough to even try and come close to you. You can feel love for your friends and the people around you but you don't need true love. Each of us is born alone, we fight our battles alone, we die alone. We are a single entity in this universe or whatever it is we're in and we were never made to share it with another soul. I have more love from the number of my friends who love and care for me and who will always be there for me than some other f*cker who just wants to fill his sexual desires. And you know E is just another way of feeling love. I don't have sexual desires when I'm on it....I feel love for and from people around me. That's real, or true love. And as much as I like affection, I don't feel the need to cling onto someone the whole time, or for them to cling onto me. it just stops me from being the person I want to be and stops me from exploring the e experience.
Wow...where the hell did all that come from? Bloody ex boyfriends. Look what they can do to a person's soul. I've met my true love, my soul mate. Maybe there will be another some other time but I truly doubt it. I know people say this after relationships but I truly doubt I can ever feel that depth of emotion, that connection with another human being. Such is life. I'm happy now...that's all that matters.
thanks for reading....I honestly had no idea that was going to pour out, but I have to post it now after spending all that time typing.
smile.gif

miss apple

wow, great story. I love reading these posts. I have to say that, I looked for "true love" for a long time and thought I had found it (6 yrs guy). When I finally got away from him and decided I wanted to be alone forever and not have a stupid guy love fell in my lap. I fought it and fought it b/c it came at the absolute worst time. But, I figure there is a reason for that and I just can't see it yet. I think to have true love you first have to figure out who you are - live on your own, take some time totally to yourself, and be certain that if you never found it you would be happy alone. Once you reach that point than it usually comes to you. What sucks is if the other person hasn't reached that point in their life and they are too afraid to let go and accept their feelings. My boyfriend was like that at first - he was scared of being in love - scared of getting hurt, and scared that I would cheat b/c I am 1000 miles away. So we just take it one day at a time. I try not to pressure him and he is trying to sort through everything - (his life is pretty complicated w/out me as it is!) Like I said before - I truly believe that if it is meant to be it will work. Just think, if I had never met my current I would probably have married the 6yr guy and been miserable forever. And I thought he was the one. Funny how things work. I wish you the best and hope everyone can find what I have someday. The best feeling I have now, though, is that I would be happy just having had this experience if it hadn't worked. Ok, now I'm rambling. LOL
[This message has been edited by denverroller (edited 10 November 1999).]

Forgot to say - if you are happy alone then more power to you. I live alone right now and it is awesome. You really find out who you are. I am a total feminist, so I also don't believe we NEED men. However, if you find someone as awesome as my b/f then take it! I had too many bad experiences to pass up this good one. He is so open and understanding. I am a known cheater, so I need to be able to tell him when I am feeling the "urge". He just talks me through it and lets me figure out that I am just being needy b/c he isn't here at the moment. (Boy, I just made myself look really bad) Anyway, if you choose to be alone than you are an awesome, strong person who knows who you are.

Thanks denverroller....it means a lot to me for you to say that. I sometimes wonder myself about my strength in being by myself. but you know, I've realised that its me who's chosen that. At first, it was just because i had no other option, but I have had opportunites over the past 12 months that I have passed up...purely because I am enjoying being by myself. I've always said that if the right person comes along that will change but I'm not so sure now. I might be passing up the opportunity of meeting the right person cause I automatically say no before I even know the person. I truly am happier without anyone right now. I don't necessarily think it's a ogod thing though. My mother has been by herself for 15 years now and I don't think she will ever be with another person. But I don't thinbk shes happy, she's just so used to being by herself that having someone enter her life would make for a huge change of lifestyle that at her age is hard to do. I don't want to end up like her...but I'm happy now. It is all just too hard sometimes
smile.gif

i do have to comment on what you said though. you said "I think to have true love you first have to figure out who you are - live on your own, take some time totally to yourself, and be certain that if you never found it you would be happy alone." Yes, this is true, but even though you are living by yourself, you're not truly alone. You have a boyfriend. regardless of where he lives, you have support at all times, someone to talk to, someone to help you through hard times, someone to always go with to the movies. Sure, i have friends who fill some of these things, but it's not really the same. You haven't truly been alone for 6 years. I think that's a good thing - you're very lucky. You have something else in your life to learn other than being a single entity. But I just wanted to make the point
smile.gif

miss apple

i fell in love on e-2 months ago and we are still together! and we will be together for a very long time
smile.gif
we will be moving in together very soon- I dont think that ive ever been this happy with someone! My friends are so happy for me and his friends are for him! We are so in love
smile.gif

------------------
stay tight:)

Just reading thru all of that and wanted to reespond to a couple of things up above. Number one I guess, just take (so cliche) one day at a time. Denver--don't wanna take anything from you, but 4 months is tiny in the course of a lifetime.
I too was in a deep LONG realtionship, almost as long as you, that was not right for me. After the split, I told myself: "this is MY time" and was soooo strong and happy--for 2 months. BLAM right thru the door walks one of the healthiest guys I've ever known. I fought soooo hard to keep solo and remain independent. But guess what...it's been 2 years and we are getting married. Now here's the part you guys are going to get a jolt out of: he proposed on e. That still is SO hiarious to me, but let me explain...We had been together for more than 18 months, when he did e for the 1st time. He was soooo luved up, he just couldn't quit telling me and a friend how much he loved us, how beautiful everything was...funny as shit. BUT..because of the foundation we had laid, and our history, I knew although that proposal was due in part to E, I'd be hearing it again.
I agree with you guys. I think E just causes you to better, unabashedly express some of your deepest feelings. I would never say my feelings for anyone on e have been fake, but that's b/c I I feel completley comfy with who I am and my place in the world. Being a bit older (30) E is a recreational release for me 5or 6 times a year. I am fully aware that a lot of kidz are so romanced by the drug...
So, as of last weekend, he put a ring on my finger and ask--completley sober-hahahaha---me to marry him next year. We are so happy--all by ourselves, with zero drugs.
HOWEVER...E allowed us a wonderful experience to see
deeply how true and real our feeelings were. It also allowed us to talk about some very private and personal things as well as our worst insecurities, to each other, without feeling inhibited. It's as though all the ego, all the barriers had been completley let down--just what is needed for two people to make it for the long hall. AND the good thing...that comforatable open environment you breifly visited in life...you carry it with you, even after the drug wears off. We benefited hugely from it, learned from the mistakes of our past, and moved on.
We had just been thru a very emotional time when all of this happened and a lot of things had gone unspoken about events of the past few months. We talked thru things so smoothly and honestly and both cried when we realized fully some of the hurt the other had felt during a breif period of separation.
So, (now I'm rambling) I guess I'd just say, give it some time. I don't believe I'd do anything rash after a couple of months...just roll with it and see what is to come. YOur weekend in St. Louis sounds incredible and I am so happy for you that you found a really good person to share time and self with. CHEERS!!
Miss Apple, as for you, I've been reading your posts for months, and I have ZERO doubt you WILL end up with a special person by your side. I can tell from reading you're just too beautiful and special a person to fly solo for very long... BUT as long as you are...enjoy!!! I am sooo for the belief that we who get that time to grow spiritually and emotionally, without leaning any which way on a man, are sooooo much the better for it. Sound mind and body!!! That's where it's at. PLUR to all of you.
Sorry so long.

Help again...I never thought I'd say this again but I have a crush. Last friday we were both on E and mesed around a little. Then never really talked about it. I've known this guy for about five years but never really had the chance to date him. I decided to tell him how I feel Monday night and pretty much just blurted it out. He had no real response but did end up staying at my house with me. (lost his keys =)) Then yeasterday he called me before I got off work. He wanted to do something....long story short ended up staying again, this time with a little less contact. I just want to know if the E is what made him want to be with me....problem is I really want to be with him, so do I approach him or just see if he comes to me???

1 year & 3 months and still going strong...
Last August, I was at a club in the Hamptons and was walking back to dance and I got the whole "eye bond" instantly. Never did this before, but I walked right up to him and started talking. From that second on, we didn't leave each others side for HOURS! We went to afterhours together, then went to the beach after that. Then, we drove back home together. The coincidences were OUTTA control...this was 3 hours from home, and we found out that we live 3 MINUTES from each other. Our phone numbers are 1 DIGIT off (out of the 7), his brother was "with" my little sister in my sorority, etc... It's crazy! When we hung out off E (the next night) we were both so scared it wouldn't be the same, but you know what, it was better! This was his first time on E, and I am SO happy for that!!! We had this instant bond that is irreplaceable and we've been this way ever since. Baby, if you're reading this, I love YOU!!!! Some things were just meant to be!

I've been with my boyfriend that you all know as Rollo for over a year. When we started together we weren't into rolling. I hadn't tried it, but he had before. Once we started going to parties and rolling together our relationship remained the same. Of course when we roll we feel this love that is extremely intense and I couldn't picture myself with any one else I'd rather be with. I don't roll without him and I think it is good for us because it's something special and awesome that I personally reserve for when I am with him and share with our friends and new friends. I can totally see people falling in love on E and I don't think the love is fake. If the love is there at that moment more than likely it will remain for a short while or a long while. Good luck to all that are in love or looking for that special someone.
PLUR
smile.gif

i've had the one night E relationships just like everyone, but until this one night in the summer at a local club i met an amazing girl, (this waz 5 months ago) we absolutly feel in love with each other, we have a strong relationship and everything is goin perfect, she has told me how she cheated on her former boyfriend and how she would never ever do it to me and just started crying her eyes out ( i took that as a good sign ) but i dunno if i should trust her, she is capable of it i know that, and she has a ex in jail that is obsessing over her and knows she is goin out with me and i dunno what to do about that this guy is a PSYCO he knows my name and where i live (don't ask me how he knows, i guess he has alot of time on his hands heh) well he gets out this summer what the hell should i do? I don't want this guy to hunt me down and kill me or sh!t. well to get back to the story E relationships can work, my gf and i have alot in common and like to do the same things (party,sex) the usual shit.
sorry if this didn't make any sense i'm dumb
what should i do about the psyco ex-boyfriend? please help me out with this one.
Peace
------------------
"It's only a bad night if you can remeber, if you can't remeber it must have been PhAt"....

I had a drug induced relationship HEHE. It was all setup by other people and we were to meet at a house for a blow up party. Turned out it was just 2 couples and we had to be that other couple. I had seen the girl a few times before but never even really talked to her, but after that WEEEEEEEEEE had fun. Those were the last few times I ever could actually blow up, so now i believe that E is all in our head. I ask myself everyday why in the hell cant i roll anymore without her? Maybe its just coincidence, but oh well. We had a little drug induced relationship there for about a month or so, but i guess i was just toooo nice.
------------------
"Create Your Own Ecstasy"

Hmm...well this isn't exactly on topic, but it sort of is and I'd like to see other people's comments on it. Anyway, last weekend I went back to Detroit to party with some of my friends. One of my friends brought along her roommate. I had only talked with this girl (the roommate) a couple of times before, but I'd always thought she was really really cute and a sweetheart, which she is. Anyway, we ended up hooking up at the party...spent most of the night on the floor in a big E puddle and had one of the best nights of my life. Anyway, we were talking in the middle of it about how we both understood this was a one-night deal, since I live in Jersey and she lives in Michigan, and I was all good with that, as was she. Anyway, when I dropped her and my friend off at home that night and hugged her goodbye she gave me like...the sweetest smile I've ever seen, and since then that's all I've been able to think about. Now what I'm wondering is...am I in the minority here when it comes to this. I don't go to parties to hook up with people, but sometimes it happens, always with people who live nowhere close to me, and then I spend the next few days thinking way too much about whatever person I hooked up with, almost to the point of obsession. After a few days it fades and I'm just like whatever, but it's still annoying and no matter how much I tell myself it's just the E, I can't make it go away. I'm not asking for advice or anything, I know I'll be over it by the weekend. Just wondering if anybody else has similar experiences? Sorry if that was so long. Lata.
Much love,
Tim
"Deep into the vibe of house"

missapple - I agree - I think you sound like a beautiful person. I think it will come when you least expect it. I also agree that you are right, I'm not really ever alone. It was just as close as I've come in a long time. I've always lived w/in 30 miles of my family, am from the "friendly" midwest, and always had a big group of friends. Which is why I really admire you for where you are - I thought I was going to break when I had to do that!
Honey, if you are reading this - thanks for being there through that big change!
I do not claim to be an expert, though. I have made huge mistakes, and I am pretty bad at relationships. All I can say is what my experiences have been and how I FEEL. (That's a disclaimer for all my ramblings! :) QP - I totally agree that 4 months is not a long time. We both discuss that and try to make our relationship stress-free, with no pressure. I am just going with it. Like I said, if he or I decides this isn't what we want, I will just be happy to have felt what it was like to be in love. After 6 yrs w/ someone I think 4 months is nothin'! TraiN - whoa - bad situation. Don't put yourself in danger, but it sounds like she probably really needs your support right now. I'd be cautious, though. Give her your trust and pray she doesn't break it. If you don't give her the trust then she will be resentful and the relationship will be strained. (just my humble opinion).
Finally, I'm amazed at what a group of wonderful, intelligent people there are here. I love reading your thoughts and thank you for sharing such intimate things.