Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Doxylamine) First time

damo_463

Bluelighter
Well I seen that Bluelight was in need for some doxylamine trip reports. And as I'm not one to dissapoint, I thought I'd give it a go. I read somewhere that a girl used to trip on this with about 14 caps.

Being a male and over 100 kg, I took 20 caps. Then within the next 2 hours I drank 450ml of Bacardi and 4 more doxylamine.

I read that the problem with this substance is falling asleep. So to combat this, I took 3 "rave remix" pills. Containing guarana and caffeine.

It has been about 3 hours in total. I feel quite sedated, more floaty than light-headed I would say. I definately feel good. There have been no hallucinations yet. But as I know with drugs like these hallucinations can take quite some time before they happen.

The feeling I have right now is like when breathing in laughing gas or nitrous oxide. The effects are more pronounced while walking around rather than sitting still. It feels quite floaty and trancy, A bit like DXM. 10 pm

I will add to this report if anything more exiting happens.

Last edited:
This is a good way to end up dead very quick. Drinking over half a fifth of liquor with a new drug and dosing randomly based on one persons account. I guess you are rather young, please grow up out of this stage quickly or you will not live to grow up at all.

PS bacardi is for women hahaha!

I read that the problem with this substance is falling asleep.

It's not so much the problem, it's that that's pretty much all the 'recreational' effects you'll get.

Check out the adverse effects of overdose here. Doesn't sound too great to me.

doxylamine makes me not sleep and feel horrid... like feel ^p^sychotic.. .

alcohol and antihistamines the original date rape drug!

Only time I ever tried this shit was when I used to get given and snort ritalins for free everyday at school and the two kids giving me it always scrounged up random pharms. Anyway the guy who gave me by far the most ritalin but had way less pharms outside rits came to school with these sleeping tablets called doxepin or some shit that had doxylamine in it I am pretty sure. I popped one and didn't really feel anything but for some reason when I snorted my usual dose of ritalin like an hour or so later 40-60mg (somewhere around there, it was a few years ago now) I felt significantly more stimulated and euphoric.

I have never read anything to suggest why it would increase the effects of ritalin or stimulants in general but it was my one experience with it and thats what happened. I don't think it is generally regarded as a recreational drug is it?

Note: what I did was stupid since I had no idea what these were, I was familiar with Bluelight and erowid and the like at the time and generally liked to know what I was taking. It just so happened I was using a lot of pharms and figured why not, if these were an MAOI or something randomly given to me instead I could of done some serious harm to myself.

Were you perhaps considering this to be benadryl and got the wrong info? Because even THEN, benadryl aint exactly super fun.
This stuff puts you out cold, and thats its job. Dont fucking take stuff without research man.

And no place is ever IN NEED of a trip report.

Hmm, yeah this place seems totally void of any cyanide reports, better go top one off.

I appreciate what you are trying to do dude and I dont mean to come off hard, but you gotta thnk about yourself and be careful.

I'm so awesome at reviving old threads. So very awesome...
Doxylamine I haven't done in quite a while, and while I imagine a high dose would be something along the lines of a dph trip, I do remember snorting these little blue pills frequently a few years back.
It creates a nice stoned feeling and does eventually put you to sleep. There is definitely a slight recreational value to this drug, nobody seems to know it though, and fervently deny any feelings of niceness...
Maybe it potentiates endorphins the same way it potentiates opiates? That would explain the euphoria from snorting it...
I seem to remember when you snort a Unisom tablet you exhale a puff of blue powder from your mouth though. It's quite humorous...

Anyway I bought a box of them tonight because I'm so tired of dph as a sleep aide. Thinking back many years though I clearly (well, unclearly actually) remember snorting them.
Like all the time.
Or at least every night for a while.

My nose hates me now from all the shit I've put into it (ketamine over the last couple weeks) and I've vowed to stop snorting things...
But I think I might have to try another one of these. It's been so many years and the memories are so vague and clouded that I think I have to do it at least one more time to legitimately say that it has effect.
If I do I'll let you know.
If I don't do it soon enough...
Well one of you assholes try it!

Oh and I take it the op had no other effects besides sedation?

He never went on with a trip report. Just said he did it and was sedated.

Great trip report man. Guess we really "needed" that...

Idk what's wrong with me guys... Someone else try it. I know they did something to me in the past.
But I did far too many drugs the last couple days/nights and now nothings having any effect.
I've eaten over 5g of valerian root hours and haven't experienced the slightest bit of drowsiness from it.
So I snorted some doxylamine and ate a little more...
Still nothing...
I'm beginning to wonder if no drug will work on me ever again????
I'm looking for a head change, even if it's the change from awake to slightly drowsy. I don't care if it gets me high but for god's sake will nothing put me to sleep???
I think I'm broken...
I'm contemplating if I should wash down my next doxy with a beer? Maybe valerian needs some help effecting gaba... who knows....