Bonarroo...June 13-15, manchester, tn...who's going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nephil

Bluelighter
i started this in hopes that maybe we could get a little roll call going here for this fantastic event coming up
Confirmed Artists for this 3 day jam:
The Dead
Widespread Panic
James Brown
The Allman Brothers Band
Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals
Jack Johnson
moe.
Galactic
The Roots
Bela Fleck & the Flecktones
Medeski Martin & Wood
Sonic Youth
Yonder Mountain String Band
Robert Randolph & the Family Band
Nickel Creek
G. Love and Special Sauce
Tortoise
Sound Tribe Sector 9
O.A.R.
North Mississippi Allstars
Warren Haynes
Keller Williams
Garage A Trois
Mix Master Mike
Kid Koala
Z-Trip
Particle
Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra
Smokey and Miho
The New Deal
RJD2
The Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players
Specific performance days and times for each artist will be announced in the
coming weeks.
Complete festival information will be continually updated in the coming weeks and months.
Stage5.jpg

all the info is right here, as well as ticket purchase
so if you are going let it be known!

I didn't go to this last year, but I heard a lot of good things about it. I might try to go this year, although I am not really into most of the music that is showcased there I am always down for large scale outdoor festivals. Also I was wondering if there was any type of electronic music here in a renagade type setting, and if so what type? This is still a long way off and I won't know if I am going until some time in May.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww SIT! BONNAROO! I can't wait to go this year. What a great line up!
- the tom

Originally posted by Gerr UT:
I didn't go to this last year, but I heard a lot of good things about it. I might try to go this year, although I am not really into most of the music that is showcased there I am always down for large scale outdoor festivals. Also I was wondering if there was any type of electronic music here in a renagade type setting, and if so what type? This is still a long way off and I won't know if I am going until some time in May.
as far as i know for electronic-type music you have Keller Williams, Sound Tribe Sector Nine, DJ logic, The Roots...etc...it's a variety, and there are more than that too.

i didn't go last year b/c i had a chem exam the monday afterwards and i knew i would be in no condition to discuss anything of intellectual nature afterwards... nothing holding me back this year... nothin better than good music and dirty hippies :)
[ 24 February 2003: Message edited by: *twinkle*toes ]

bonarrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. SEE ALL THE REAL AMERICAN PARTY PEOPLE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!

why dont you come scoop me up then in your a/c RV???
:D

I just talked to DJ Logic and he said he is going to be playing up at this crazy festival also.

^^^
You know DJ Logic? Man he is so awesome! I got his CD because of his work with MMW and it was great, then I got to see him perform with Rattdog, which was awesome! I'll definitely be checking out his set.
I bought a ticket to Bonnaroo, coming from Vegas (probably flying). The only people I know who are going is my ex and her new boyfriend, so I may be essentially going solo. I mean, we are still good friends, but how awkward if they want to get down in the tent next to mine? And being the 3rd wheel is bad enough when you WEREN'T previously dating one of the other two people...probably worse when you were.
So, anyway, I want to go and probably find people to kick it with and not be hanging around them much (or at all). Anyone ever go to a festival essentially alone before? I'm wondering what that would be like. Maybe for the best, probably meet a lot more people that way.
Oh, anyone want to get together for transportation? If others are flying into Nashville, we could share a rental car, or if anyone is driving to Bonnaroo from Nashville, maybe I could bum a ride in return for gas $$ or something.
On the flipside, I'll be hitting the High Sierra Music Festival 4th of July weekend and probably Burning Man later in the summer. Perhaps I could swap some one in Tennessee... You help me get me from Nashville to Bonnaroo and I'll help you get from Reno to High Sierra or from Vegas to Burning Man?
Well, lots of options, it is still way early, and I assume there is some ride sharing board on the internet for Bonnaroo like they have for High Sierra, I'm just throwing stuff out.
~psychoblast~
[ 24 February 2003: Message edited by: psychoblast ]

im probably driving from Colorado, possibly alone as well :\
i know many who are going, but im not sure who im going with. If you could get to Colorado from Vegas, you can tag along with me!

Hmmm... Maybe we find the BL who is the furthest west (maybe some one in SF) and have them rent an RV, then drive across the country picking up other BLs....Vegas...Colorado...Ohio...etc...and split the cost.
~psychoblast~
[ 25 February 2003: Message edited by: psychoblast ]

Hey Ravers, don't sleep on this. The first batch of 20,000 tickets are already sold out and tickets are up to $150. This will sell out as always, and most slacking ravers will not be able to go. I'm just letting you know that they will not anounce any electronic music until it sells out=you must get tickets now or be left out. They have not even announce half of the line up yet so quit sleepin.
See everyone there,
Drew

Like I said in the other post...
I live in cashville and Im thinking about hitting this up just cuz i want to get really really high for three days.
Naw, but theres some good music.

speakin of gettin high....anyone who was there last year, what was the psychadelic scene....sometime huge festivals such as this scare off the experience....but i'm hopin to hear the dead proper

Planning on heading up w/ some hard Core Panic Fans, but tents---no.no.no. Leaving from Atl. My buddy was laughted @ for even suggesting a bed and breakfast but I'm holding out for a RV...anyone,anyone,anyone???

I'm going, I'm going, I'm going!! And I have never met a bluelighter. Yes, that's right, never. Well, ok, like 2 but only the 2 who live right here in Huntington. So I would really love to get together and chill with a few of you while I'm there. It will be me and my boyfriend and anyone else who can get the money before tickets are gone.
Those that have been there before...tell me about 'living' arrangements. I, sadly, have no access to an RV so will be tenting it.
Any details that you would've liked to have known before you went last year, but know now would be greatly appreciated. :)
And...
Newest Artist Additions (3/7/03):
Neil Young & Crazy Horse
Alison Krauss & Union Station featuring Jerry Douglas
The Flaming Lips
Emmylou Harris
funky Meters
Leo Kottke & Mike Gordon
Ben Kweller
Robinella & the CC String Band
Cyro Baptista & Beat the Donkey
Spearhead