Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Hydromorphone (IV) - First Time - On shooting two 2-mg tablets of dilaudid

NJ2NYC2NJ

Bluelighter
A friend of mine was nice enough to pass along to me two 2-mg dilaudid tablets. He had tried taking two of them P.O. (orally), but said the experience was somewhat underwhelming.
I took the two tablets home, crushed them and ground them up into a very fine powder. I added some water and mixed the solution until it seemed most of the powder was dissolved, and prepped a syringe.
I injected the solution and waited a few seconds, somewhat nervously... Wasn't sure what to expect. I slowly began to feel the effects, but was confused, as I had been expecting a much stronger onset/"rush" or something. I continued waiting, but the intensity never really developed beyond a light warmth.
I would compare the effects perceived from those 4 milligrams of dilaudid (hydromorphone) to perhaps a half-bag (approximately 50 mg?) of my usual NYC delivery service dope. I don't know... I was simply expecting more.

Tolerance is a bitch friend ;) from my experience you would need a few more MG's to satisfy yourself

I was underwhelmed by hydromorphone as well , bangfed 16 mg and didn't get a rush. Mind you I had been smoking heroin that day.