• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Lucid Dreaming

Pwnsauce

Greenlighter
Tonight i heard about a harmless and money free Psychedelic Drug, Lucid Dreaming. Supposedly lucid dreaming allows you to control your dreams and see and experience anything you want. According to my brief research it takes a few months of practice but anybody can achieve lucid dreams almost every night.

At first i didn't believe it.. I could actually perform any fantasy i wished in my dreams? It sounds crazy but i guess its true.

Has anybody here ever practiced lucid dreaming? If so what are you dreams like? Obviously it is safer, but it is as good as real psychedelic drugs?

Smoking unprocessed salvia before going to bed helps me on occasion acheive lucid dreams, but its nowhere near a consistent effect. Having something you focus on before going to sleep also helps you realize you are in a dream state when it appears in a dream, but that method is nowhere near a sure thing either...

I started to get interested in dreams and lucid dreaming... I didn't really do anything except sleep in more :p I've lucid dreamed 2 times or so... the first time I woke up almost instantly and the second time I flew (cliche) for what seemed like 10 seconds and then I landed and woke up, dunno if I was doing it right or even lucid dreaming but it seemed hard to stay asleep

i have half-heartedly tried for a long time with no success, i can say that the combination of melatonin, B6, and especially centrophenoxine is a highly effective recipe for impossibly vivid and memorable dreams which feel like real life -- but like real life i am not in full control of them.
yet.

i get lucid dreams when i eat properly, in deep sleep in the early hours of the morning, smoked weed before sleep, meditated, and focused on certain subjects. you need to be one with your mind to have lucid dreams

Eating meat late at night can allegedly produce vivd dreams, but for killah's only ;)

Aanyhow, I'll shift this to Philosophy and Spiritualotyu- more appropriate there.

Mods====> do what though wilt....;)

i have recently come to realize that if (i) do not smoke weed, that night i will have really absurd vivid dreams which seem to drag on for long periods of time.
im an everyday smoker, and have only recently discovered the dreams whilst trying to get off the grass.

i have been interested in lucid dreaming for some time now.
however i haven't really focused much on actually experiencing them yet.. it seems like it will take forever to pick up.

^ I know that for me, achieving lucid dreaming would have to involve me quitting marijuana.

^ I know that for me, achieving lucid dreaming would have to involve me quitting marijuana.

how come you feel that way? I have read in the past that drug users mainly of psychedlic drugs are able to achieve lucid dreaming more then those who have never done such drugs. I think its because you are more open minded about life in general. You know that the normal reality is to some extent depending on what you believe a perception of your mind. And to be able to do something i guess you need to believe in it, similiar to religion for that to work for you, you would need to believe in it.

When i cut down on drugs a while ago. I started meditating and trying to oobe/lucid dream etc as a detox method in a way (a goal to an alternative state while being healthy. I am able to lucid dreams quite often in the last few years. I think its more common In periods of heavier psychedelic use i think i achieve them more often then not taking drugs but often in the morning once i have been asleep and have allready gone through deepsleep my body clock will wake up at around 5am prob when i hear parents getting up, however my body will stay asleep and then i will act my dreams out however i want. Usually the scene is allready set then i am conscious in how i go about the dream.

I have achieved an OOBE a couple of times to allthough only ever for 5 seconds or so before i scare myself out of it and go into sleep paralysis. I attempted doing this quite often a while ago and could sometimes lift my self out of the body however once i finally fully seperated from myself i wouldn't be in that relaxed state anymore and would then return.

I have heard that being awake for a long time on uppers can help induce an OOBE experience or help with lucid dreaming because the body is falling asleep but the minds still racing. Also meditation is one method that can help with lucid dreaming and OOBE's and probably healthier then speed binges :p

Honestly I prefer strong vivid dreams over lucid dreaming. I rather let my mind manifest itself into it's own abstract visions with out a conscious influence.

I've found drinking/consuming caffeine, melatonin, or 5-htp have been able to bring about vivid dreaming.

I have achieved lucid dreaming with and without its wanting of, and I must say it's interesting, but in no way shape or form nearly as fun or inspiring as drugs.

I actually became quite good at achieving lucid dream states.. heres how..

Read about it - think about it.

Before going to sleep, when you are laying down ready to drift off keep repeating to yourself (in your head) "This is a dream, I am dreaming, This is a dream, I am dreaming," etc etc.. Your thoughts will try to wander but for aslong as you consiously can keep bringing them back to those same 2 lines. Do this every night.

Set your alarm for a few hours before you are due to get up. When it goes off keep thinking about dreaming, telling yourself you are dreaming, etc.. It may help to go downstairs, get a drink and go back up to bed.. then, when you are laying down to go back to sleep.. repeat step 1.. "This is a dream, I am dreaming.."

When you wake up, record (write down) everything you can remember from your dreams.. do this every morning. (I didn't do this but it does greatly help)

If you don't have anything to get up for or you have some time to spend in the morning before getting out of bed.. just keep going back to sleep telling yourself you are dreaming untill it is no longer physically possible.

If you do this every night / whenever possible.. you should be able to achieve many a lucid dream..

I was averagely having 3 a week.. and that wasn't even trying too hard.

Tonight i heard about a harmless and money free Psychedelic Drug, Lucid Dreaming. Supposedly lucid dreaming allows you to control your dreams and see and experience anything you want. According to my brief research it takes a few months of practice but anybody can achieve lucid dreams almost every night.

At first i didn't believe it.. I could actually perform any fantasy i wished in my dreams? It sounds crazy but i guess its true.

Has anybody here ever practiced lucid dreaming? If so what are you dreams like? Obviously it is safer, but it is as good as real psychedelic drugs?

It's not a psychedelic drug, at all. Dreams are basically your absolutely random and irrational thoughts from your subconscious being acted out in your mind. I think we dream because when we're awake, we're experiencing sensations and perceptions, and when we dream, we're a lot closer to being awake than we are in deep sleep, when dreams don't really occur, so our brain likes to stimulate our senses.

And another thing, it's not like, holy shit, I'm dreaming! I can do whatever I want! Like I already said, when you're dreaming, you can't make rational things happen. Unless you're real good, you can't control every aspect of your dream. I've had hundreds and hundreds of lucid dreams and I still can't control much outside of my own actions during one.

When I started getting good, I realized it's not all about doing things that you can't do in real life.

Fox had a pretty inteligent thread on this topic years back. It should be worth digging it up.

I have lucid dreams fairly often - I've never tried to have them, I just have them, and after I had the first one, they started happening more frequently. Often once I start lucid dreaming I start waking up so they don't last long. Most of the time they start when something bad is happening in the dream - that's when I realise I'm dreaming and I'll change the situation to make it better - like realising I can fly away from that monster, or whatever. Other times, when something bad has happened I can 'go back' 5 mins in the dream, like rewinding it, so I can continue in the same dream but the bad thing doesn't happen - if that makes sense!
When I have the most control over my dream I conjur up a huge table of drugs and a meth pipe ;) Sounds crazy - but I swear I actually get high in my dream!
When I was going through a really fucked up time though I hated lucid dreaming - as my horribly depressed mindstate was still present in the dream. I actually really just wanted to be unconcious for those 8 hours!

I totally agree. Thing's have transpired such that I haven't been smoking the last few of weekends, and friday and saturday night have been PACKED with dreams - sometimes lucid but generally vivid. When I smoke heavily, however, especially right before bed, no night-time nuptials with nancy drew. THC inhibits dreaming as far as I'm concerned.

Obviously it is safer, but it is as good as real psychedelic drugs?

I highly doubt it. Psychedelics have an extremely powerful effect on the brain/mind, and it would seem impossible to replicate it by simply trying to "trip out" in your dreams.

Some claim that, with practice, one can learn to produce a psychedelic experience with deep meditation. This seems more likely, but I still have my doubts. It would follow my intuition that the effect of a chemical on the brain can only be produced via the chemical itself, but many would disagree with me.