• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

too much dopamine maybe...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tayboox3

Bluelighter
alright, i was gunna just post this in my other thread about my rls..but i decided not to.

alright, so i've been on mirapex for 3 weeks or so now, (now at .75mg which is apprently used for parkinsons disease). and mirapex is a dopamine agonist.

i have also been breaking up the beads in a 20mg focalin and snorting maybe 10-15mg before school. i would NOT do this if it wasn't for the fact i have 4, well now 3, big tests this week. and if i don't pass, i don't graduate.

i've had some pretty nasty comedowns from it. especially last night. i know focalin/other stimulants don't just effect dopamine.

yesterday, (esp after i took my .75mg mirapex that night) my vision became kind of distorted. lights are brighter, everything is blurry, it just did not feel right. i was almost to the point of throwing up and could not eat. then maybe about 2 hours after taking the mirapex, my left foot/lower calve became numb. it was an intense burning sensation, kind of like pins a needles. my chest was also hurting pretty bad. freaked me out haha.

and today, i did way less focalin (to avoid what happened yesterday), and about an hour ago, i started to get very very aggravated over little things.. still kind of am, but i feel better since i ate. i just don't feel right..

is it possible that this could be because of too much dopamine?

oh and i was thinking about taking the one 10mg vicodin i have left.. my legs are killing me right now, and im cramping. but i don't want it to fuck with my head right now even more... if i do take this though, chances are i wont need any of my mirapex tonight, maybe .25mg, but i doubt it.

you're taking too many drugs man

stop taking them and eat healthy, drink water, sleep well, get sunshine, focus your mind for a period during the day and you will definitely feel much better

I don't know what else to say other than yes you will get negative effects from taking the drugs you're taking...

you're taking too many drugs man

stop taking them and eat healthy, drink water, sleep well, get sunshine, focus your mind for a period during the day and you will definitely feel much better

I don't know what else to say other than yes you will get negative effects from taking the drugs you're taking...

i know i am at the moment..
its just really hard to wake up so early and take a test on small amounts of sleep everynight.

i would ask my doctor, but... i'd probably get in trouble. haha.

and you self-prescribed? it sounds like a horrendous choice honestly for treating RLS (restless leg syndrome)...but I'm not a doctor. I would think you would want a sedative.

honestly the best way to combat that (as long as its not horrible) is to work out and get good electrolytes and healthy food in you and as much good sleep as you can get (and water and sun).

and you self-prescribed? it sounds like a horrendous choice honestly for treating RLS (restless leg syndrome)...but I'm not a doctor. I would think you would want a sedative.

honestly the best way to combat that (as long as its not horrible) is to work out and get good electrolytes and healthy food in you and as much good sleep as you can get (and water and sun).

im perscribed the mirapex.
im only using focalin because i HAVE to pass these tests. its stressing me out so much, and if i didn't have it, i would be so tired to do anything.. only 2 more days of it though.

thanks for your advice. do you think taking magnesium/iron/b12 supplements would help to? they also help restless leg but i dont want to get sick or something..? i rarely ever take vitamins :p

stop taking stims and u may just find the rls improves

i know that.. i've had rls before that, i rarely EVER take stimulants. i dont find focalin 'fun' anyways. :\

i was just asking if its possible if taking this combo could make my brain produce too much dopamine.

Tayboox, it's too late in the game for you to consider taking vitamins/supplements to help ease/recover from your drug regimen. I say that because you plan on stopping the stimulant use, this week, I think you said?

Now, back to the vitamins. Regardless if you're taking drugs or not, it's always great to treat your body with care. As someone else said, good sleep, vitamins (Multi,Fish Oil, Magnesium, Lipic Acid, Etc...) and eating right will do a lot for your mind and body.

Stimulants are only making things worse for your body. If this combination is only short term, why worry about the excess dopamine? It's a moot point. The bottom line is, you should start taking better care of yourself. GL

Tayboox, it's too late in the game for you to consider taking vitamins/supplements to help ease/recover from your drug regimen. I say that because you plan on stopping the stimulant use, this week, I think you said?

Now, back to the vitamins. Regardless if you're taking drugs or not, it's always great to treat your body with care. As someone else said, good sleep, vitamins (Multi,Fish Oil, Magnesium, Lipic Acid, Etc...) and eating right will do a lot for your mind and body.

Stimulants are only making things worse for your body. If this combination is only short term, why worry about the excess dopamine? It's a moot point. The bottom line is, you should start taking better care of yourself. GL

its not tayboox :p its tayboo lol. a nickname haha the x3 is a heart. i know im not very creative.... lol

anywayss,
yess im not taking them after friday morning. i have only been doing this (thursday and friday of last week, and i started again monday morning.)

i was worried because when i ended up combining the two (not at once!) i got really aggravated and pissed and my vision was really fucked up. my chest was KILLING me, i had a horrrible headache, and lights were brighter and things were somewhat... dreamy like? its hard to explain..

maybe its from my medicine i dont know? i take a fairly high dose for just starting out.. esp for rls. i think i might have some underlying disorder but im not sure.

Has Mirapex been used for a long time to treat RSL? I couldnt find any info ( I didnt look too far)

IMO try and explore other options before committing to this drug long -term. I'm not sure how long or what context your planning to use the drug long term, but there are some pretty decent long -term side effects from dopamine agonists , that i've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.