• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

do you get an annual flu shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poopie

Bluelighter
without starting a debate on vaccines (we already have at least one of those), let us know.

i have never. i'm now doing clinicals in a hospital, and it was offered to me gratis last november. i foolishly (in hindsight) turned it down.

after 5 days of being sick with the flu (for the first time in 20 years) and infecting my boyfriend, i will be getting it from now on.

nope, never gotten a flu shot. CVS offers them here...i dont know if ive ever gotten the flu lol

no no flu shots for me. I get sick here and there but nothing different then the couple times i did get it. I just take good hygiene practice and try and eat well so that i can fend of any viruses. plus a couple sick days from work arent always bad hehe

I prefer not to deal with vaccines that don't last many years at a time.

I've never taken a flu shot because my mom and grandmother both got very sick one year from taking it, and no one in my family has ever had the flu. I don't get my kids the shot for the same reason but a twelve year old boy just died from the flu in my state and that is scary as hell.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,495345,00.html

nah. flu shots make me feel sick the day after. i don't usually get flu or much other sickness, but i'm the kind of germaphobe to suggest decapitation for anyone to bring some funky shit into a session

I was always very anti-flu shot, but last year my husband and I both caught it and I wound up hospitalized due to complications (which was strange, as my immune system is usually excellent). This year we both got the shot in October-- and I'll be getting it each year from now on. Even if I still get the flu and it's lessened due to the shot it'll be worth it.

no way that shit is disgusting. I dont get the flu so whats the point in injecting myself with some random crazy shit.

I used to get one every year when I was about 11-16 years old, until I learned more about the risk/benefit ratio involved (thimerosal, adjuvants, side effects, etc.) I haven't gotten one in probably about 10 years now, and have never had an actual case of influenza in that time.

I'm pretty sure I had it once when I was a child, and it was the sickest I've ever been. In fact, I don't think my health ever fully recovered after getting the flu...or whatever that was. I'm absolutely terrified of sickness, but still won't even entertain the notion of getting a flu shot now that I know the facts.

Why bother, half the time they don't even get the right vaccine for the season. I've gotten the vaccine once in my life and have only had the flu once so I think my record is pretty good. Although when I did get the flu god, did I hate myself for tuning down the shot.

a twelve year old boy just died from the flu in my state and that is scary as hell.
8o woah 8o that is definately scary

I had never previous to this year. I had never even seen them offered before. It could be due to the weather conditions but I would always get sick during flu season. This year I was offered one at my dr office and since I'm pregnant and have a weakened immune system I got one-I still got sick when I went back to the mainland lol but at least it wasn't the flu. I dont think I will be getting one again just because i haven't really gotten sick since being in the tropics.

No I don't. I've toughed it out through pneumonia before and I'll tough it out through the flu.

No... can't remember the last time I got the flu. I think 7th Grade.

Im an Asthmatic so my DR. insists that I take one each year. I refused last year and ended up sick like 6x during the winter/ spring. I took one this this year and have been substantially healthier from what I have observed. The problem with asthma is that the flu can turn into pneumonia very quickly and thats why people die from the flu... its a nasty thing.

when i was in the hospital
they offered it
i refused

i dont have health insurance
wonder if the flu shot was free

I have gotten them a handful of times and got sick to varying degrees 1-3 days after getting the shot. The most severe reaction I got was a full-blown case of the flu the morning after getting the shot, which put me out of work for 5 days and ruined my Christmas that year. :(

Disclaimer though: I have a lot of allergies (known and probably also unknown) so my immune system is naturally hypersensitive.

I did not get one this year. I haven't gotten the flu (knock wood).

I talked to my doctor and she said I could choose either way and probably be fine. I would definitely get one if I worked in a hospital. At least you know for next year Poopie... hope you and your bf are both feeling better.

I have never gotten a flu shot, I only got the flu a couple times when I was a little germy kid.

i did this year. i hadn't gotten one for a few years, and this is the first time in a few years i haven't hat the flu or something resembling the flu causing me to be laid up in bed with a 103 degree fever for a week. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.