View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

having a twin can save ur life

Dr.DOB

Bluelighter
Twins acquitted after identity confusion
February 6, 2009 - UPI

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia, Feb 6, 2009 (UPI via COMTEX) -- The Malaysian High Court cleared a set of identical twins of drug trafficking charges Friday due to difficulties telling the two apart.

Justice Zaharah Ibrahim said authorities have no doubt that R. Sathis Raj, 27, or his twin brother, R. Sabarish Raj, was caught in possession of cannabis and opium five years ago, but the identical appearance and DNA of the two men makes it difficult to tell them apart and prosecutors had failed to determine which of the men had been caught with the drugs, Bernama reported Friday.

"One of the accused should be called to enter his defense but the question is which twin, because even the DNA cannot be used to determine the identity," Ibrahim said.

She said she decided to acquit both twins to avoid the risk of condemning the wrong man to death.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/twins-acquitted-after-identity-confusion/story.aspx?guid={3BECD566-CB5F-4706-A387-CB02D4E7831D}&dist=msr_1

Possession of cannabis and opium, two organic substances, is punishable by death in Malaysia 8o

Twins have identical DNA?

I thought I learned the opposite...though I've done a lot of drugs since high school.

Yeah, identical twins have the same DNA. I don't think they have the same fingerprints though.

^Ok, perhaps it was the fingerprint thing I've was thinking of

I would have thought they would have thrown them both in until one confessed. That would have worked.