View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

The photograph that made Amy Winehouse kick drugs

AfterGlow

Bluelighter
winehouse_1243284f.jpg

Amy Winehouse is seen out and about in Camden in November Photo

The singer Amy Winehouse has revealed that she was finally persuaded to stop taking drugs after seeing this photograph.

By Murray Wardrop
Last Updated: 11:11PM GMT 20 Jan 2009

The singer Amy Winehouse has revealed that she was finally persuaded to stop taking drugs after seeing a candid photograph.

The star said she was "horrified" when she saw the image of herself looking "so pale and skinny" in a newspaper.

Winehouse, 25, whose hits include the song 'Rehab', claimed that seeing the picture made her realise that she risked killing herself with drugs.

She has now pledged to turn her life around and go clean.

The photo was taken by an agency photographer in November as Winehouse staggered home from yet another night of excess in Camden, North London.

It shows the vocalist looking pasty and gaunt with a pained grimace on her face. Her attire of ripped denim shorts, string vest and black T-shirt reveal cuts all over her legs.

But after a two-week break in St Lucia, in the Caribbean, Winehouse is convinced she can quit drugs once and for all after a difficult two years.

Recent photographs show the singer looking much healthier as she lazes on the beach with her new romance, aspiring actor John Bowman, 21.

In an interview with Look magazine, Winehouse said: "I've finally escaped from hell. Before I came out here I looked at a photo of myself in the paper and was horrified.

"My skin was a spotty mess and I was so pale and skinny. I thought 'Girl, you've got to sort yourself out or you'll be dead soon'.

"I was depressed, doing drugs and had no life in me at all. Coming here has changed everything. I don't need drugs."

Winehouse plans to remain on the island for another two months, convinced that an extended break will prevent her returning to her drug-fuelled lifestyle in London.

In the interview, she also admitted to a holiday romance with Bowman, claiming she has "forgotten" she's married to Blake Fielder-Civil, who is currently serving a prison sentence for perverting the course of justice.

She said: "Our whole marriage was based on drugs anyway. He looks like me - a right mess. Almost every time I slept with him it was like I was dead."

Fielder-Civil has recently filed for divorce on the grounds of his wife's 'adultery'.

link

Don't blame it all on drugs. The article doesn't mention her alcohol abuse. She is lucky to still be alive. I hope she gets control of her habits. Everything in moderation and if you can't control yourself don't use it.

Amy said in another article: “Drinking long-term is a lot worse than doing heroin. Alcohol’s a real poison. I’m not a nice drunk. If I go to the gym and I have a drink, I’m lovely to be around. But if I haven’t been training or if there’s something bothering me, I’m a terrible drunk.” http://fametastic.co.uk/archive/200...e-amy-winehouse-alcohol-is-worse-than-heroin/

The photo was taken by an agency photographer in November as Winehouse staggered home from yet another night of excess in Camden, North London.
I bet she'll really enjoy Camden, NJ as well.

What's the over/under? 6 months?

I doubt shel stay clean for long or if she even is totally clean now. Maybe she has just cut back or got off the booze and crack who knows. Even if she has quit totally she hasent been off for that long i mean it's not like november was that long ago.

It's easy enough to go right back to bein bombed all the time. Very few people quit that easy.

I also have to say, she is about as crackwhorish in appearance as you get, you would think with all her money she could pay for some touch ups and shit even if she wants to be a fiend on the gear.

That doesent look like her actually. I mean ive seen pics of her where she looked fucking awful and like she had been hit with a 10lbs bag of ugly but holy fuck that picture looks beyond awful. I mean my fucking god 8o. If that is her i can't blame her to give up all drugs, become a vegatarian and become a health nut because ive seen some fucked up looking crackheads, junkies, aklys and speed freaks but thats about the worst ive seen. Jeesh.

that doesn't look like Amy Winehouse. That looks like like a dude who got really drunk, put on girls' clothes and started being obnoxious

Okay drugs dont make you a murderer, they dont make you insane....they simply make you look like a man.