Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Police seize killer new drug

bit_pattern

Ex-Bluelighter
Police seize killer new drug

By Nicole Cox

The Sunday Times

December 04, 2008 05:16pm

POLICE have made what is believed to be the first seizure in Western Australia of a potentially fatal hallucinogenic drug known as DMT.
Police yesterday seized two grams of the drug, known as dimethyltryptamine, and arrested three men after raiding two properties in Denmark and Walpole, in the south of the state.

Police were called into investigate after a patient was admitted to Denmark Hospital with a suspected drug overdose of the drug.

"We believe this may be the first seizure of DMT by police in WA . . . And we also believe it is the first arrest as a result of this drug," Sergeant Dave Dench told PerthNow.

"`This is new (to WA). It's not new to the world. . . it's been used for 300 or 400 years overseas, but it's new to WA. We have never come across this in WA before.

"Even though we've only seized 2 grams, the fact that we've locked up three men, we believe we've put quite a dint in the potential for this drug to hit Denmark in large quantities."

DMT is extracted from the bark of certain trees and is manufactured during a complex cooking process.

Once cooked, the yellow-coloured drug takes a crystalline or powder form. It is usually smoked, sometimes by lacing cannabis with the drug, police say.

Sgt Dench said intelligence suggested that the drug was being sold in 1 gram packages for $200.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,,24751058-1245,00.html

actually its been used since the beggining of time u dumbfucing pigs its called ayahousca. (sp i now).

...thats just stupid... the only place the prints fair articles is The Independant news paper (UK)

what the fuck....

i dont think there was a single true sentence in that article. and Australia? are they living in the dark ages?

might as well arrest everyone

they need to get there news right before they spread bullshit all over the windshield

Where do they get this crap information from? DMT is not deadly. More propaganda.

DMT is in all of our brains, a massive dose of DMT is released when you die or are coming close to death. Therefore, scientifically proving "I see the light" concept.

That has to be the most retarded thing I have read in a very long time

DMT is in all of our brains, a massive dose of DMT is released when you die or are coming close to death. Therefore, scientifically proving "I see the light" concept.

I'd love to see some evidence for this idea. Lots of Hippies spout that line, but as far as I'm aware it's an idea plucked from the cleft of Strassmens arse.

I'd love to see some evidence for this idea. Lots of Hippies spout that line, but as far as I'm aware it's an idea plucked from the cleft of Strassmens arse.

Could be but.. he must have some reason for switching from melatonin to DMT... pretty random otherwise lol..

...and by the time he had a licence approved for human used he MUST have had some shit to back up his claims...

..oO

2 grams 8(

http://www.dosenation.com/listing.php?id=5666

New Jersey state police said they made a larger seizure of the drug known as "businessman's LSD."

State Police Superintendent Rick Fuentes said the hallucinogenic drug, known by scientists as "dimethyltryptamine," or DMT, is becoming increasingly popular in the regional club scene.,000.

Troopers seized about 1.4 pounds of DMT from a 33-year-old software engineer... during a Saturday morning traffic stop on the New Jersey Turnpike after the Newark resident was seen driving erratically.

Police said the bust represents the first dealer-sized quantity of DMT seized in New Jersey.

DMT is typically sold for about $200 a gram, giving the seizure a street value of about $127,000.

Since when the fuck is DMT new? Its probably the oldest drug around, and since when is it fatal? Jesus, stupid fucks, I mean fatal at recreational doses...

So why can't anyone ever cite the 'shit'?

Here you go.

http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/dmt01.htm

DMT can be found in many species of plants. Genera such as acacia, anadenanthera, mimosa, piptadenia, and virola are some examples. DMT is also produced in the human pineal gland, a small reddish-gray gland (about the size of a pea) near the center of the brain.

Also in a Pen and Teller episode they sited a study where they were able to induce the near death experience in a laboratory setting where the subjects were at little to no risk of death. It did not go into DMT but it still proves that the NDE is a biological function that can be induced in a situation where death is not a possibility.

Uh, that isn't a citation, that's just someone propagating the rumor further. Do you have anything in the form of a scientific study that might have some EVIDENCE for these claims?