• JAMES-ON
  • MALL
  • SHELDON DRAKE
  • SOCKS & SANDALS
  • HAZMAAT
  • AFRIK PROPHET
  • BLUEGREEN
NYC'S HISTORIC CONCERT VENUE: RANDALL'S ISLAND
(rain or shine)There will be 8 seperate sound systems, six huge circus style tents. Nearly 700,000 visitors come each year to Randall's Island and Ward island for sports, recreation & environmentally educational activities. A 480 acre island 300 feet from Manhattan, it houses the legendary downing stadium which has seen such events as the lollapalooza, horde and warp tours. Randall's island offers. New York City rare open green space with numerous baseball, tennis, and golf fields. We are very pleased to be have been welcomed back after a successful and great event on April 20, 2002.
initial thread
second thread
third thread
~Erik
*weep* :(
[ 08 October 2002: Message edited by: gmni13 ]

^^
Why weep if you're goin to be havin a good ol' time at Boo? =T

there will be no weeping. that means no going.
NO ONE ELSE IS ALLOWED TO BACK OUT, dammit!

Well, despite the fact that everyone seems to think a meetup inside would be doomed, I'd like to be blindly optomistic and say I don't really see why it's such a problem. I don't think it would be too hard earlyish before it get's too hectic or blurry. ;) If you don't meet anyone, big deal; go have fun.\
I haven't been to Randall's Island before, so I'm not familiar with the layout, but maybe meeting at someplace like the MOONwalk or arcade could be cool.
It's getting closer.......

Okay so here's the list from the 3rd thread, with a few new additions, for who shall be in attendance:
New England: TopRocka, MrJaMaL, Coldshot, bdreligrrl, Speekah Phreekah, Icey, PartEKidRepsAcosta, Maui2k, KayDUB, THeRaVeToY, Glowworm, Ms.Red, GoingStrange, DancinXTCangel(??), ProvJungleKid, The Welcome Matt, jubzie, xtcvitality, kingskee, callmepad, DannyBreakz...
Everywhere Else: Web, starlightgemini, Sugafist, Bi Kand*E*Raver, Dazzle, Trixieee, jerzeezfinest, kasperBoy, Xplore, batty, Cpt.Howdy...
and of course lots of non-BL friends thrown into the mix as well.
Everyone party safe, appreciate the wonderful people and music around you, keep the drama to a minimum, and have fun. Only a few more days! :)
Peace ~Katie
[ 09 October 2002: Message edited by: bdreligrrl ]
[ 12 October 2002: Message edited by: bdreligrrl ]

I can't wait, I'm already shaking in anticipation. Until the sun goes down, a large meetup would not be difficult at all. Why not to the left of the mainstage again? Or near the ferris wheel or something... It really isn't that difficult to remember one location and time.

Okay... um... how to explain...
So theres basically a 90% chance that I will NOT be at Boo this weekend. This morning my Nana had a stroke and basically it's safe to say she's not going to even last until the weekend, so clearly my priorites have shifted. This plus the swarm of 5 billion relatives to my town and my house... yeah. I'll be lucky if I can go for a drive and smoke a butt, nevermind go to another state for a day or two. I'm going to do the very best I can to make this work SOMEHOW, but the odds are not in favor of me making an appearance anywhere this weekend. :( *fingers crossed* It's a good thing I am a firm believer in miracles.
Love to you all,
Peace ~Katie

:(
My heart's with you no matter where you are this weekend, Katie. Much love to ya babe.

pinkerton officially gave me the no-go... so me n kaydub are drivin down, i'm pickin him up at like 9ish... i'd say we'll be on the way down by like 9:15-9:30.
*thank god there's only a few more days to go*

Originally posted by bdreligrrl:
Okay... um... how to explain...
So theres basically a 90% chance that I will NOT be at Boo this weekend. This morning my Nana had a stroke and basically it's safe to say she's not going to even last until the weekend, so clearly my priorites have shifted. This plus the swarm of 5 billion relatives to my town and my house... yeah. I'll be lucky if I can go for a drive and smoke a butt, nevermind go to another state for a day or two. I'm going to do the very best I can to make this work SOMEHOW, but the odds are not in favor of me making an appearance anywhere this weekend. :( *fingers crossed* It's a good thing I am a firm believer in miracles.
Love to you all,
Peace ~Katie

Well you know i know EXACTLY how ur feeling right now. I am praying for your nana, u and ur family. I wouldn't even bother thinking about Boo, unless you think you might need an escape to try and not think about what is going on. Either way you look at it, everything is going to be alright.

:(
Katie sorry to hear about your Nana. Like Jamal said...Boo isn't a priority over family. Hopefully we will see ya this weekend...but if not just remember we are all praying for you and your family. Take care.

Katie, I'm sorry to hear about your Nana.
As much as we all would like to see you this weekend, your presence with your family at a time like this should be considered a for more superior priority than being at some party.
Like you, I am also a firm believer in miracles. These things have a mysterious way of working out...
I pray that you and your family would find strength, and peace in knowing that in anycase, your Nana is going to be alright!
Love ya sweetheart! (((((((Hugz)))))))
-Teddy

Thanks guys. :) Trust me, the party isn't why I want to go this weekend, the people ARE. Being around y'all beats being surrounded by family infighting and years of built-up guilt any day, and this side of my family is good like that. 8) I love them, but as Dave said when I called him yesterday to say Boo's probably not gonna happen for me... "if you have something important going on Saturday, by all means stay home. But if you're sitting home alone feeling miserable and the people you care about are in New York, then maybe if only for the day, you should be with us." Mah big bwutha is wicked smaht like that :)
We'll see what happens, I may surprise y'all and show up, or I may let all this Catholic guilt around me get the best of me. ;) In any case, I love you guys and WILL see you all soon, I promise!
Peace ~Katie

ahhhh... catholic guilt... nothin beats it! (except maybe jewish guilt, but i don't know cuz none of my family is jewish...just friends) anyway, i hope for the best for you and your fam, and know that my prayers are with you.

man I wish I could go to Boo but I must stay here in Charlotte for Sasha. I would love to come up to Randall's and see Scott Henry. Have fun everybody. :)

hey, where/when is the meetup? i might swing by to meet some of you people :)