Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Which is your favorite: John Carpenter film?

Which is your favorite: John Carpenter film?

• Dark Star

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Assault on Precinct 13

• Halloween

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • The Fog

• Escape From New York

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • The Thing

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Christine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Starman

• Big Trouble in Little China

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Prince of Darkness

• They Live

• Memoirs of an Invisible Man

• In the Mouth of Madness

• Village of the Damned

• Escape From LA

• Vampires

• Ghosts of Mars

• Total voters

His Name Is Frank

Bluelight Crew
This is tough for me. I love Halloween, Big Trouble In Little China, The Thing and Prince of Darkness. I'd have to go with The Thing, though. It's the only horror re-make (besides David Cronenberg's The Fly) that surpasses the original in every way. I just watched it again recently and it stands the test of time very well. Excellent blend of horror and paranoia!

Bonus points go to They Live for sheer cheese-factor classic cult film.

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Last edited:
Chalk up another one for Big Trouble in Little China. Absolute classic.

hmm im kinda high. i voted for escape from new york but im thinkin it over and my favorite is definitely Big Trouble in Little China. heh i consider it a masterpiece

I can change your vote to Big Trouble in Little China if you like. Definitely better than Escape From New York in my opinion.

I have a lot more to see, but I went for The Thing. BTILC and ITMOM are pretty fucking sweet too.

The Thing: This gorefest has aged remarkably well. The ultimate paranoia flick, better than Body Snatchers...

One more for Big Trouble in little China :)

"This is Jack Burton in the Porkchop Express and I'm talkin' to whoever's listening out there"

The Fog is alot like the original Halloween. It's not that it's full of gore, but it keeps you suspenseful on the edge of your seat and there are plenty of unexpected surprises that make you jump or scream. The story is very well done.

Last edited:
They Live is good for cheap laughs, especially the completly unnecessary fighting scene with rowdy roddy piper adn the black dude. escape from new york is good, as halloween...none of these are better than BTILC tho, imo... seriously...a combo of comedy/martial arts/fantasy/action...wow.

oh man do I love big trouble in little china. I'm giving an honorable mention to They Live for the fight between Rowdy Roddy Piper and Keith David