• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

films: Favorite H.P. Lovecraft movies

NoExpert

Bluelighter
HP lovecraft did most of his writing between like 1910- 1937, with a lot of short stories. His work was very deep, dark and demonic for the time(figure 1920's 30's), and as a result, his writings never really became famous til almost half a century after he died. He also wrote in the 19th century writing style.
Most of the movies that were based on his writing were made into B-rate movies, but they were very entertaining nonetheless. Here's a couple I liked: From Beyond, and Reanimator.
Name your favorites(provided there are any people who have actually heard of HP Lovecraft)8o

Name your favorites(provided there are any people who have actually heard of HP Lovecraft)

I've read plenty of Lovecraft, but am unfamiliar with film adaptations of his work (haven't seen either of the films you mentioned).

Maybe you could provide a list?

I have a first edition of "Haunter of the Dark and other stories"

Never knew of any movie adaptions though.

Dagon was pretty good, for a straight-to-DVD release.

There's also a little-known '80s movie titled Necronomicon floating around out there, that I haven't seen all of, but liked what I saw.

Sci-Fi channel seems to have a field day making movies from Lovecraft stories. Each film more horrible than the last. God help me, I hate Sci-Fi and their attemps to make movies. Fucking stop it already!

Oh and I've seen Necronomicon. If it's the one with Jeffrey Combs, it came out in the early 90s, not the 80s. Pretty decent movie.