Dec. 31, 2001 Rocket @ D.C. Armory, Washington D.C

dpoke65

Bluelighter
ULTRAWOLRD PRESENTS A NEW YEAR'S EVE BASH!
ROCKET!!!!!
http://www.ultraworld.net/rocketmenu.htm
ROCKET will be held on Monday December 31
New Years Eve
in the DC Armory
6:00 p.m. - 4:30 a.m.
This is the first time in the history of DC Armory events that we have
been allowed to go this late, so come celebrate New Years Eve
the right way!
The event will feature two areas of music, creatively lit and decorated,
and a countdown to the New Year that will dazzle and amaze.
The event is strictly 18 and over, and you will be required to show ID to enter
Main Arena
The massive main arena of the DC Armory will rock on New Years
with a good blend of local, national, and international talent.
Don't miss the countdown at midnight, it's going to be spectacular!
ARMAND VAN HELDEN
Armed Records //: NYC
MJ COLE
Talking Loud Records //: UK
SCOTT HENRY
BUZZ / Ultra Records //: DC
DJ CHARLES FEELGOOD
Moonshine Records / Shorty's //: Baltimore
EAST COAST BOOGIEMEN
Tequila Sounds / Monkey Style Records / Planet Groove //: DC
DJ SUN
Ultraworld //: Baltimore
MICHAEL TINDER
Contrast / Coherence //: DC
Satellite Playground
The 2nd area of Rocket will be in the basement of the armory,
and will feature a completely new setup in that area. Starting off wil a good array
of local talent of different styles, by midnight, it's drum n bass, ending off with one of the
UK's hottest acts...
Satellite Playground
The 2nd area of Rocket will be in the basement of the armory,
and will feature a completely new setup in that area. Starting off wil a good array
of local talent of different styles, by midnight, it's drum n bass, ending off with one of the
UK's hottest acts...
DOGS ON ACID
BC Recordings //: UK
FIERCE
Quarantine / Virus / Metro //: UK
LONNIE FISHER (ULTRAWOLRD'S FOUNDER)
Ultraworld / Sonar //: Baltimore
SUZETTE
East Coast Happy / Sonar //: Baltimore
ORON
East Coast Happy / Sonar //: Baltimore
JEN LASHER
OOBLISS.COM / Releasedjs.com //: DC
MIKE BEYER
Family Productions / Sonar //: Baltimore
DEREK FENWICK
Sonar //: Baltimore
Vending:We will be allowing vending at ROCKET;more serious level of organization on this area;There will be a $50.00 fee to vend
TICKETS:Information regarding tickets for ROCKET will be posted shortly.
Once tickets go on sale, the 1st 1000 tickets from Ticketmaster wil
be sold for $25.00
Admission after that will be: $35.00 in advance
$40.00 at the gate!!!!!
the 21+ area
It was with great relief that the DC Armory finally allowed us to present
an area for alcohol at this year's events.
FOR MORE INFO VISIT http://www.ultraworld.net/rocketmenu.htm
------------------
hey if you wanna b/s my aim is zenrin21
"friendly people make friendly places where you make friends"

i'll be here who else is coming????
------------------
hey if you wanna b/s my aim is zenrin21
"friendly people make friendly places where you make friends"

Man, Ya Beat me to it!! I was gonna post this party!! heeheehee.....
smile.gif

Yes, of course I be there!
------------------
I like it all... Many people on the dance floor also like their elements...Yeah you know what I'm talkin about..you just get into your own little space and loose it,,,close your eyes, use your mind. get ready to explode. Now I want you to throw your hands in the air..Loose control. Lose complete control..

you kids are damn lucky! I really wanted to go to this! have fun for me! Shake ehat yo momma gave ya!
smile.gif

------------------
BIIIIIIIIIIG!!!!!!!!!

*note*
what is listed as dogs on acid
is the collective represented by the unpronouncable logo----
BonWplain.gif

smile.gif

Hrmmm,,, I heard that Armand VAn Helden is cancelled and Felix DA HOUse CAT is now headling.... Can anyone confirm this???
It dont reall matta to me anyways, cuz I just go whereever Scott Henry goes!!! Muwahahahaha!!!
smile.gif

Oh, No SkubyDew?? Girl, its mostly like the last ARmory party for a long while....and yes Jen Lasher is great.. this is a great chance for her too to be spinnin at this event!!
Peace
Red
------------------
I like it all... Many people on the dance floor also like their elements...Yeah you know what I'm talkin about..you just get into your own little space and loose it,,,close your eyes, use your mind. get ready to explode. Now I want you to throw your hands in the air..Loose control. Lose complete control..

You all enjoy this UW new years party. This MD party-kid will be up in Chicago for my new years party
------------------
Go on.......Get your dance on.......Get your smile tight.......I know you're feeling this rave shit......."THIS SHIT IS DEAD RIGHT".......Get your bounce on! ~sugafist~

Shouldn't we just call them the Artists Formerly Known as Bad Company Until They Realized People Might Mistake Them for a 70's Power Chord, Classic Rock Band?

Nah just call em )EIB( if you need to write it somewhere :)
HAHAHAHAHA I still can't believe Fresh did that. He and Vegas will be up in the house tearin shit down.
This is number one on my list for New Years. Should be a squad of us there.

Are there lots of parties in the DC area all the time? We wanted to check out the area mid january.
What's Scott Henry's club called?
TY!

^^^^
The answer to your question is......
The MEAT MARKET!
or....
SAUSAGE FACTORY # 2

Well this sucks...
From the Ultraworld webpage
The event we were planning to hold has been drastically changed. It will no longer be at the DC Armory.
The main factor was that Armand Van Helden had to
cancel his appearance. In addition, security concerns in the venue could not be resolved in the short amount of time prior to New Years Eve.
ROCKET will be held on Monday December 31
New Years Eve at the Edge Nightclub in Washington, DC 9:00 p.m. - 6 a.m.
While many people are familiar with this venue we can assure you that we are going to work very hard to completely transform this space into something worthy of the Ultraworld.
You may note that the admission price is still the same for the show.
Your first reaction might be that we should be reducing the ticket price, but unfortunately we cannot. $35 was artifiicially low for NYE at the Armory. We we able to do that because the building has the potential for 10,000 people.
Now, we are challenged with making a great party with a maximum attendance of 1800.
But rest assured, we will make ROCKET a very special experience!
The event is strictly 18 and over, and you will be required to show ID to enter.
[ 06 December 2001: Message edited by: greyspace ]

Yeah , tell me about it!! I was planning on having the GREATEST NYE ever inside the armory...
I went to the last years NYE party inside the Edge and it was a lot of fun, but an Ultraworld party inside the edge might get a little too crowded...
Nagamak - Scott Henry spins at Buzz.... go to www.buzzdc.com for more info,, there is also the EDge to go on Sat nites which is rigt next to Buzz.
There are lots of clubs in DC but I only go to those two..(cuz the are the best!=). you could also try Platinum, Club 2K9, The Spot, Red (which I heard is nice, but never been)
go to wwww.sidewalk.com and look up Washington DC nightlife they tell u some info!!
Peace
Red

In my opinion thats just terrible to have an UW party at a shady-ass place like "the Edge" Chose somewhere else in my opinion. And the capacity at the edge even with ALL rooms open will still not be enough. Its already never enough for those other big parties they've held there, let alone now an UW's new year eve party. Well I'm not trying to be a hater, just my .05 cents on the venue change, so good luck with whatever happens and with everyone's new years parties.

Quel bummeur!
Clearly a party at The Edge without Armin van Helden is no substitute for a party at the Armory with him. Lonnie must be bummed. Jen Lasher and Suzette must be bummed (I think they both first spun out at the Edge and must have been stoked at the idea of playing for an Amory crowd.
Yeah , the Edge is kinda Ghetto. They (M3, Family, Stellar) usually oversell it and when it's crowded it's nasty-- and that's in the Summer when the patio is open.
But...
Lonnie has accepted the challenge. He know the venue very well and all of it's problems and has stepped up to making this an Ultraworld party! This means he's almost certain to bring in sound for the warehouse, do massive visual designs (he had already booked those amazing LED spires that were at Radiate--shake your head) and hopefully he'll hold ticket sales to a realistic capacity so there'll still be room to dance!
For those of you coming, part of the issue with the Armory was the police interest in the drug activity. I would assume that surveillance will be even tighter on NYE. Act accordingly to make sure you stay clear of trouble.
Peace
Bachus