• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The Smoked 2-CT-7 Thread (TM)

superluminal

Bluelighter
(this thread was spawned off of the "LSD still on a bottle after two years" thread i started earlier today.....i'm still very curious about anything that could help me figure that situation out, so give that thread a look-see!)
anyway, to the point....HiRu? asked me about smoking 2-ct-7, and since so many of you have been curious about the subject, i thought i'd whip out a little primer and start a thread about it.
obviously, the 2c's have become popular among well-educated psychonauts....and not-so-well-educated ones also, unfortunately. as many of you know, i've assayed the substance myself and been a sitter for probably a hundred or more t-7 experiences at this point. personally, i've only smoked it, but i've read all the reports on oral/snorted doses, and witnessed others use these methods as well.
personally, i *greatly* prefer smoking because it's much more laid-back....less of a psychedelic hammer-blow and more of a gentle, euphoric and psychedelic smoke-up. so, on to the primer:
when smoked, 2-ct-7 produces significantly different effects compared to oral or insufflated doses. first, doses are small -- a good starter is 1-2mg (just a couple of flakes totalling less than the size of one of the letters you're reading now). generally, t-7 is dusted on a bowl of marijuana so that the t-7 goes farther and the overall experience is mellower. almost any kind of pot device is OK; personally i recommend a water pipe because the water-cooled hits, while slightly lower in THC and active 2C's, are easier to hold long enough to get all the t-7.
once you've chosen your dose and your device, take all the usual psychedelic experience precautions -- check your setting, your state of mind/body/soul, and your company, if any. if everything seems good, now's the time to take the hit(s). don't try to get a massive hit or torch the bowl in one fell swoop; it's always better to underdo it than overdo it.
also, generally the best experience comes from getting moderately stoned before starting your first t-7 bowl; it will keep everything mellower and the t-7 will go farther.
use the hottest flame possible (a high-pressure refillable butane lighter works best, because it shoots out superheated air far beyond the flame range), and hold the flame a few millimeters away from the surface of the dusted weed. the t-7 powder should melt and vaporize; if it starts burning, you're too close. the weed it's on should also brown and smoke a little, but probably should not set fire itself. on an average-sized bowl with a sub-3mg dose, you probably want to vaporize only about 1/3 or 1/2 the t-7 in the first hit.
hold it as long as is comfortable, and then sit with the buzz for a moment. you will probably feel a euphoria similar to other dosing methods, but a little less "speedy" and probably a little less visual as well. take at least ten minutes for the dose to come up before you hit the bowl again....this time, depending on how you're feeling, you may want to burn more or less of it.
once the bowl is cached, you'll probably be half an hour or so into the whole thing....and probably quite psyched. mix in more pot or t-7 to taste from there, always sticking to the "less is more" philosophy....because as with snorting, you can find yourself overly anxious and speedy if you overshoot.
chances are, most people will be happy with casual-level doses; say, three or four bowls of weed with a total of 5-8mg of t-7 over the course of an evening. if you really want to catapult into hyperspace, ratchet your dose up *gradually* -- remember, t-7 has an exponential dose curve; the last 1mg in a 10mg evening could (and almost certainly will) have several times the effects of the first 1mg!
i find that this makes a vial of t-7 last MUCH longer than other methods, and is much easier to integrate into a "frequently high" lifestyle than other methods (and most other drugs) because of its low tolerance, minimal side-effects, and short duration.
i'm very eager to help you guys decide if smoking t-7 is right for you; ask me any questions you have, and *please* post to this thread about what you discover in your own experiments! :)

doh! with all that ranting, i forgot to give some of the numbers:
STARTER DOSE: 1-2mg
TYPICAL DOSE: 3-5mg
INTENSE DOSE: 6mg+
UNSAFE: varies, but more than 10mg should be approached with caution.
DURATION: after a single dose, 2-3 hours, with almost immediate come-up, uphill to about 30 minutes, peak for 45 minutes, then slow trail-off for the remaining hour or two. of course, multiple doses spread out will increase duration.
EFFECTS: similar to other methods, generally reduced speediness and some report decreased visual-to-euphoria ratio. generally, this means more euphoria at the same overall effects level.
TOLERANCE: minimal. multiple doses in the same day may see the last dose decreased in potency by (ballpark) 1/3 to 1/2, but dosing two days in a row results in only minor potency loss the second day. daily use at significant doses will probably result in eventual lack of effects, though, as with nearly all psychedelics.

Anyone try vaporization in a crack pipe? Probably get more mileage out of that CT..
Also, has anyone tried to convert to the freebase? FOAF has developed a way to convert DPT HCl into a freebase on a microscale level that will likely avoid the wasted product of a larger scale acid/base extraction. Still some bugs in the method, though, but FOAF'll post the whole thing later...FOAF is hoping to be able to adapt this extremely simple procedure to other HCls, but FOAF has no time to devote to this problem currently, so it'll hafta wait...

I am inexperienced with smoking things other than dried vegetable matter.
My experience with the vaporization of 1.5 mg 2C-T-7 was VERY harsh. Within 5 secs, my lungs started to get very tight. My breathing was shallow and laboured for approx 3-4 mins after inhaling the vapour. I noticed almost no psychedelic effect, and because of my physical reaction, I will not be investigating further.

I agree with mekki.
Tried to vaporize 3 mg. While the smoke didn't seem that harsh at first. It felt very unhealthy after a few seconds. Like I was smoking a styrofoam cup. Tight lungs, very bad feeling. Could just feel lung cells dying. Won't even think of doing it again.
If I want to conserve Ill bump it.

Perhaps mixing it with some cannabis or other inert material (if so inclined) might serve to dilute the harsh vapor or perhaps buffer it in some way. It could also vaporize it more slowly, causing less burning or decomposition of the product... Might be worth trying if it is legal in your world to do so..

I actually did two bowls of 4 mg each last night. I didn't really get any burning sensation when I hit the cannibas/t7. In fact, it burned more when it was just herb being lit. But I kept the flame away from the bowl, and you could see the t7 just melt away. I definitely felt the psychedelic aspect of oral doses, and I was getting bent imagery, but none too complex and involving. Which was nice cause I had to wake up for class today. Overall, I'd do it again, if I didn't have time to totally involve myself in an oral dose.
------------------
Hey! Pass the ball already!

thanks for the post. I've tried smoking T7 before as well, but I didn't realize you could dust your weed with it and still properly vaporize it. Thanks for the tip.
Personally, I still enjoy the oral doses, but as you said superluminal, smoking definitely is much easier to integrate into the 'frequently high' lifestyle.

i have smoked t7 on bowls of kind bud on a number of different occasions (5-10mg), and it gives you a pretty good high. the effects aren't as intense as you suggested for me, probably since my tolerence for weed is pretty high. (ie: pothead
biggrin.gif
) for the most part, i get increased "pot" visuals (eyes play tricks on me). theres a bit of a body high but not much, compared to taking it orally.
so far, i've tried t7, opium, and coke on bowls and t7 is up there along with the other 2 for making you really high. if you really want to conserve your weed but still get stoned, i definitly recommend sprinkling stuff on bowls.
keep in mind, if you dont smoke a lot, then you'll definitly be able to notice the difference.
[This message has been edited by Alucard_X (edited 19 February 2001).]

glad to see there's some activity on the thread :)
as for the comments about harshness....i've never myself, nor seen anyone, smoke t-7 alone. so i suspect, as i've seen with other smokeable HCLs like 2-ct-7, that it's just that the straight t-7 smoke is a bit harsh and odd. that's par for the course; when dusted, it seems barely more than a vaguely mothball-like edge to the sweet cannabis smoke :)
since i've never personally orally dosed t-7 (i lack an accurate milligram scale, and aren't really too psyched about the idea of a full-on 16-hour experience....i prefer to have to use imagination and meditation to pull up the visual factor rather than have to deal with the body load, anxiety and burnout), i can't really compare it to oral or snorted doses. perhaps i'll have to try that one day, if it's even more euphoric than smoking.....
keep up those posts....some kind of consensus on when smoking is indicated, and when oral or snorted is better, would be excellent. as would be reports of higher smoked doses.....i generally try to stay under the line of really getting fucked out of my mind, preferring to just scale up the undusted pot dose as i approach that level. i've had too many pointless acid, mushroom, and DPT near-freakouts to find that idea appealing.
my mission is to gradually determine what role the shamanistic realms really play in my life, and then use smoked t-7 as an igniter for something on the San Pedro/Peyote wavelength, or if i get really lucky, perhaps one day a nice candyflip with super-high-quality acid and E. something that will really open the third eye......

Tried perhaps 1-2mg in one (big) hit with some herb, and it did have a bit of a strange edge to it, but nothing bizzare. Had no additional herb before or after.
Definitely felt the effects quickly. Pretty quick ramp up (< 10-20 minutes to plateau), hung there and slowly declined for about an hour or so. Main effect was a bit of the colorful visual "noisiness" of T7.
Residuals for another hour. Would try again with a little more next time.

Well, I finally went ahead and schnorkled up some T-7 two nights ago with some "cool" family members....it was mini-microscopic doses, just a few flecks that would fall off of the vial when the cap was unscrewed....not measured, but couldn't have amounted to more than 0.5mg each time....probably much less.
total insufflated dosage was probably around .75-1.25mg. this resulted in a very mild feeling of t-7 euphoria...almost too subtle to be sure it was real and not a product of the mind.
then, we followed this up with several bowls of some very potent dehydrated weed, dusted with more significant doses of t-7....there's no way to tell who got how much, but between two people there was about 8mg and then between three (the same two plus a new person) another 3-5mg was smoked.
boy, oh boy....what a night. i don't think i've ever been that high without being "wasted".....laughed uproariously and randomly, and really acted rediculous in the most delicious way.
the other person who shared the initial dose with me really got a couple of thick t-7 hits...probably got twice as much as i did from that session, and in the morning he said that after we retired, he really began seeing strange things as he lay in bed.....
major distortions of body awareness and physical sensation were noted by him, and he reported major visuals....but as with our previous t-7 experiences, the visuals are not in the same category as LSD or mushroom visuals....they seem to require far more imagination, and at the same time seem to be much more responsive to calm, conscious mental control.
very impressive....although i loathe the drawbacks of oral or snorted dosing at full doses, there may be some potential for small snorted or even oral doses being a way to bring out the full effects of t-7 when the main dosage is still smoked....
keep those posts coming!

This is sooo good. I've wanted to try T7 for the longest mother fucking time but i've had no method of measurment. I would like to experiance the high without anything else interfearing however. I was thinking of just vaporizing some flakes on a lightbulb and just deal with the lung burn. This will get my high wont it? Someone on here said it did nothing for him/her when they tried this method? Anyone know why that happened?

there is no question; t-7 is active when smoked, and still quite potent. I've been able to dose t-7 many dozens of times (often to quite intense effect), and haven't even made it quite halfway through a 250mg vial in over six months!
the harshness factor is just what goes along with smoking a hydrochloride salt....you'll find the same discomfort with DPT, DMTs, AMT, MDMA, MDA, and so on. The trick is to dust it on something comfortable to smoke -- like pot. Parsley, oregano and tobacco are also options.
As far as my research and chemistry knowledge tell me, there's no reason to believe that the t-7 smoke is in any way harming you -- beyond the basic risks of smoking anything, of course.
keep them posts a-comin'....

has anyone tried smoking 2ct2? I will try a very low dose maybe tonight and see what it does.

how'd that 2-ct-2 smoking come out? i've been tempted to get t-2 for smoking, but haven't heard any reports....
one thing i've noticed is that the high is very different from time to time...and over the long term, seems to have lost some of its euphoria. any comments?

*bump*.....
hey, if people think this thread is of any use, might want to refer it to PhreeX for archiving.....