Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

which is your favourite: Wes Anderson film?

pick one!

• Bottle Rocket

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Rushmore

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • The Royal Tenenbaums

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • The Darjeeling Limited

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Fantastic Mr. Fox

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Moonrise Kingdom

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

L2R

Bluelight Crew
and who's looking forward to "The Fantastic Mr Fox"?

i really liked both rushmore and the royale tenenbaums, but it's been a while. i haven't seen those latest two.

Yea Darjeeling Limited has been my favourite.

I think having a brother myself makes it easier to relate to. And seeing Owen Wilson in the responsible worry-wart role was kind of novel.

Though Life Aquatic did feel a couple of notches more bizzare, and had some cool music.

The Royal Tenenbaums.

Although I did like The Darjeeling Limited, I wasn't paying close enough enough attention to it the one time I saw it to really get into it. I'll try it again.

i voted rushmore. the darjeeling limited. would have been a close second.

a bit odd to see 'hotel chevalier' as a choice in its own right - it will be interesting to see if anybody votes for it...

alasdair

^thanks for that. my bad. i should remove that. didn't realise it was a short.

I picked Rushmore. Bottle Rocket is definitely a close second. I still haven't seen The Darjeeling Limited. It just doesn't look like a movie I would like, although I will watch it when given a chance.

HisNameIsFrank said:
It just doesn't look like a movie I would like, although I will watch it when given a chance.
that seems like an odd comment. why?

alasdair

Is the Fantastic Mr. Fox a rendition of the same Roald Dahl story that I know? That may be very interesting. I wonder how he'll treat Roald Dahl if that's the case.

Well, shit. I've been a Roald Dahl fan since year one. Roald Dahl is my boy. I guess I've got to check that out. My fave is Rushmore for what it's worth. Goddamn, filmmakers doing Roald Dahl in a serious way, that is something to look out for.

Not to say that the original Willy Wonka wasn't a serious film. It's just that no one has seemed to explore his deep loathing for humanity in a truly respectful way.

For some reason I have watched The Life Aquatic more than any other Wes Anderson movie therefore I chose it.

Toughest decision yet for me, honestly. I had to go with The Royal Tenenbaums because it's been significantly important to me for the longest and I've seen it the most times. I could have easily picked The Life Aquatic or Rushmore however. I cannot wait for Fantastic Mr. Fox, I'm sure he'll deliver.

I'm hoping Fantastic Mr. Fox is better than Darjeeling Limited, which I did not enjoy as much as his other films... :\

The Royal Tenenbaums were pretty interesting . . it started out great but later in the movie it was like it normalized out like the pace went from 500 to 100 .. but still an interesting movie. . a little funny.