• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Cumbria

Greenlighter
superhighmovieposter.jpg

Haha, just watched this it's really funny. it make's not of whats happening in california at the moment which I think is completely ridiculous.

photo_04_hires.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought this was a HUGE disappointment. not only was it chock full of awful and stereotypical "stoner" jokes (which is a shame, because he is usually very clever and very very hilarious, but here he went for the cheap laugh to appeal to the broadest possible audience, which he apparently decided was retarded stoner people), but it was an embarrassing portrayal of the state of california's medical marijuana program. he portrayed it as an easy way to get high, and while that is what it is in reality (for good or bad, but thats not the point here), it hurts the movement. by showing it as such he makes it more difficult for legit patients to claim that the system is really a medical system and not just a front for drug legalization.

he did a huge disservice to the medical marijuana community and system. he did harm to people who truly do need the system to get what they need to survive. and he did it in a patently unfunny way. By showing that it is what the drug warriors claim it is, he puts the movement a step back. he should have known better. he could have very easily left out the "legal" part of it all, but he just wanted idiotic stoners across the country to go "ooooooh wow man cooooool"

:)

^^
I agree that it was a boring, unfunny mockumentary. If I wanted to watch some dude smoke weed, listen to him talking about smoking weed, listen to other people talk about smoking weed... I'd go hang out with the frisbee golf team at the campus.

Otherwise, I think you are really reading WAY too much into it... not to say giving too much credit to someone who doesn't deserve it. Don't blame Doug Benson for making a mockery of the medical marijuana system... blame the doctors who write prescriptions for bogus reasons or the people who get the prescriptions and then go to the magic dispensaries to stock up on magic brownies. Or you can blame the anti-drug movement for empowering a generally unfunny comedian make a very unfunny movie just to prove the point that hundreds of thousands of people already know... that it's stupid for marijuana to be illegal.

What's sad is that this movie had to be made in the first place. If the government would just admit their error, we might not have to rely on second rate comedians like Doug Benson to point out just how ludicrous marijuana prohibition is.

Doug Benson is so not funny. It kills me that so many real celebrities smoke marijuana, but choose to stay away from issues like this for fear of hurting their careers. The only movies we ver get on the subject are goofball movies like Friday, Half Baked and How High. I would like to see more movies in which the lead character is a stoner and is actually sucessful. Instead, they give us stereotypes to laugh at and dumb down the whole marijuana issue.

I've seen part of Super High Me and I thought it was a pointless waste of film. He could have used this film as a forum to raise some serious issues. Instead, he chose to go for the laughs. He failed miserably.

Hi all,

I live in the UK and just watched this film and what I find crazy is that the Federal Law and State law appears to be at odds with one another.

I could never imagine a scenario like California been set up in the UK. We are a million miles away from coffeeshops/despensaries here and for that alone I think the state of California and the others like it should be applauded for their progressive attitude.

On another note, I didn't find Doug particularly amusing, but was an interesting watch nonetheless.

I've never payed any attention to Doug Benson before seeing this. He was very lame, and to be honest the entire movie was lame. It had enough parts to hold my attention but everyone I watched it with agreed it was poorly presented.

I want to defend Doug Benson, the comedian, for a minute here. he is a regular performer at this comedy theater near me, I have seen him upwards of 20 times, and he has consistently been one of the funniest people I have ever seen. he often nearly has me in tears, no exaggeration. He is usually full of witty observations and side splitting hilarity, but he decided to severely dumb himself down for this movie. I do not understand his decision, I guess he wanted to appeal to a wider audience of stoner idiots, instead of continuing to be one of the funniest alt comedians in the game.

I guess it comes down to two words: sell out. Very disappointing.

I thought it was funny. *shrug*

I was pretty damn stoned though, can't remember too much about it.