• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

movie confessions v. 1.0

alasdairm

Bluelight Crew
bless me fellow moviegoers for i have sinned...

time to confess your movie sins. if you're lucky, you can say 4 al pacino quotes and something about mary and you're forgiven.

- i have never seen top gun beginning to end in one sitting.

- i have never seen caddyshack. i watched the first 15 minutes once...

what do you confess?

:)

alasdair

al pacino is the fuckin maaaan!

I think Nicholas Cage is a horrible actor.
I used to watch The Land Before Time everyday as a toddler.

I've never seen Jurassic Park and refuse to ever see it. No real reason other than me being stubborn about it. :p

I like Queen of the Damned ..... a lot.

I have never seen Jerry Maguire.

A very good friend i see very seldomly these days lent me shaolin soccer on dvd, and i sat on it without viewing for at least 18 months before discovering the stephen chow magic, and then i immediately ran out to buy myself a copy.

It will be hard, but I think we should refrain from quoting anyone in here and making such comments as, "You've never seen insert title here ?! What is wrong with you?!"

After all, a true confession is not judged aloud.

On that note, the only classic movies I have ever watched from beginning to end are The Wizard of Oz and Walt Disney's Song of the South. Also, I have never been able to sit through The Godfather. It bores me to tears.

I have never seen Rocky Horror Picture Show, Dirty Dancing, and a staggering number of animated Disney movie.

HisNameIsFrank said:
It will be hard, but I think we should refrain from quoting anyone in here and making such comments as, "You've never seen insert title here ?! What is wrong with you?!"

After all, a true confession is not judged aloud.

On that note, the only classic movies I have ever watched from beginning to end are The Wizard of Oz and Walt Disney's Song of the South. Also, I have never been able to sit through The Godfather. It bores me to tears.

i have Song of the South, not many people have seen it. it was banned in america because a white kid becomes friends with a black kid and at the time that was frowned upon. it was the first movie with cartoons and people NOT roger rabbit
lol THE MORE YOU KNOW

anyways i confess that i have never seen Scarface...i get shit for it all the time

I watched Mannequin recently, loved it and I dont care.

(think I was about 12 when I first saw it on tv)

Perhaps originally Song of the South was banned because of that reason but nowadays it's practically the opposite. During the civil rights era they stopped releasing it again because of the controversy surrounding it. Since then Disney has only re-released it a few times.

Song of the South evokes the portrayal of the so-called happy black share-cropper singing in the fields made popular in its day. Essentially glorifying and romanticizing the horrible reality many black people faced shortly after the Civil War. :\

This dude says it better, really:

It was a very racist film, said Todd Boyd, an African American professor of critical studies at the USC School of Cinema-Television. The character of Uncle Remus is a throwback. He affirms every negative and demeaning stereotype from slavery about Southern black men being happy-go-lucky, passive, carefree and non-threatening.

That said, I'm totally against censorship and I think they should release it. Being made aware of our cinematic racist shortcomings is essential for progress past these bad stereotypes.

^Wow, do you intentionally avoid his films or has it just played out this way?

I think Kevin Spacey is a very overrated actor.

For the life of me, I just cannot come to like Raging Bull, despite otherwise being a big Scorsese fan.

I really liked both National Treasure movies. <shame>

Also disliked Raging Bull, I thought I was the only one! He was just such an asshole in the movie that I couldn't enjoy watching him on the screen.

AmorRoark said:
Perhaps originally Song of the South was banned because of that reason but nowadays it's practically the opposite. During the civil rights era they stopped releasing it again because of the controversy surrounding it. Since then Disney has only re-released it a few times.

Song of the South evokes the portrayal of the so-called happy black share-cropper singing in the fields made popular in its day. Essentially glorifying and romanticizing the horrible reality many black people faced shortly after the Civil War. :\

There was also an extremely insulting protayal of a black centaur in Fantasia that Disney editted out of later release. Disney insists that this character never existed dispite the fact that there are clips of it all over the internet.
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

I saw Song Of The South in during the 1980 re-release. I think it was shown in some high school gymnasium.

ive never seen ANY star wars movie.

hence i thought the family guy version wasnt that good, but my friends loved that episode.

I hate Stanley Kubrick films.

I don't like The Usual Suspects.

My favourite Peter Jackson film is Heavenly Creatures.

I like King Kong (1976) and Freaky Friday (1976).

I know all the dialogue to the following: Enter The Dragon, Adventures In Babysitting, Labyrinth, Big Business and The Lost Boys.

I used to think Clea DuVall was Sissy Spacek's daughter.

tribal girl said:
I hate Stanley Kubrick films.
OMG no wai! 8o

i love kubrick but i still haven't seen Clockwork Orange. it looks... rubbish. :\