Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Death Note (Anime and Live Action Films)

notauniquesnowflake

Bluelighter
Okay so i did a search throughout Film and Television and was surprised that no one had made a thread for Death Note!

I had started reading the manga series when I discovered that Adult Swim was running english dubbed anime. I ended up downloading the whole series in Japanese with english subtitles and it's a series that has actually kept me intriuged the whole time I watched it.

While I was still watching it on Adult Swim I was surprised to get a phone call from a good friend came, picked me up unannounced and took me to see the live action Death Note movie which from what I understand was only released in the US for 2 days at select theaters.

From the manga to the movies I've enjoyed most everything about this story. I know theres more Death Note fans out there (ClubbinGuido...I'm looking in your direction!). I personally could't resist rooting for L....his whole demeanor and quirks are great I think the actor Ken'ichi Matsuyama nailed them all in the movies.

So what do you think?

dn1.jpg

Last edited:
I used to watch the anime until it was licensed and I couldn't get it anymore. I liked it a lot, though. :\

Death Note is amazing. The anime, the manga, and the live action movie. L is probably one of the most interesting characters I have come across.

they botched the ending! bastards! except for that though, it was a pretty good transition from manga to anime.

I love Deathnote its a fucking killer series both anime and manga

Then again I do have shinigami eyes

Yea...I first started watching the anime but at weird intervals until it go me too into it so I started reading the manga to find out what was going on.

I really love the whole concept but I think they could have gotten a couple of more books in before finishing the story....oh well.

P.S. - Sorry for the other thread...the lack of sleep in my life right now is horrid. I do things like post the same thread over and honestly don't remember it. Feel like I'm losing my mind...sorry. That and I work 6 days a week talking to insane people for 9 hours doesn't help...but no excuse. Won't do it again.

I often wondered whilst watching the first series of Dexter wether the creators of that series had taken any inspiration from Death Note