one drug you should NEVER EVER EVER do...

LinZ-E

Bluelighter
ok i was in my psych class about an hour ago and we were discussing 'altered states', the professer went on explaining what crack and heroin do to you and began talking about a book called 'Buzzed' (i never read it but saw it and flipped through it in the bookstore- i know its written by two doctors who supposedly arent biased and its info about different kinds of drugs) N E ways, he elaborates on the heroin and crack usage and then class is nearing its close, so he says "theres one thing that the doctors all agree on and that is that one drug you should NEVER EVER EVER (he emphasized this quite a bit) experiment with (here i am thinkin hes gonna say H or crak er sumthin and he says) ecstasy" and class is over. so me, i think im probably the only one who rolls in that class, i'm sittin there starin at everyone and im like "what?!" "why?" but he didnt answer and everyone else in the class seemed to know it was soooo bad cos they were like nodding. think was the only one who has no idea what the fuck hes talkin about. Just thought id post this and let everyone know that my college education is teaching me "it is better to shoot heroin (or do other hard drugs- whatever) than it is to take a pill"
------------------
"We hold these experiences to be self-evident, that all is equal, that the creation endows us with certain inalienable rights, that among them are: the freedom of the body, the pursuit of joy, and the expansion of consciousness."

I think your prof is a raver in desguise. Maybe your class was just full of Fraternity jerks and sorority sluts and he figured he would just keep the wrong crowd away from the greatest feeling on Earth. (Hey, it's possible!)
smile.gif

PLUR
smile.gif

bring it up at the next class, make him explain why he said what he did, and im sure you could have some info to refute whatever he says
also dont give a fuck if any of your classmates think that you do X after the class, you have fun doing it, you dont harm anyone else doing it, why let anyone else make you feel guilty about it?
------------------
AleX
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense"
- Buddha -

Well SSSHHHEEEEEEIIITTTTTT!!! Stay away from X......it's the worst of the worst! You know who came up with some shit like that? It's the sorry sum-bitch that has never tried it. As with most dumb-asses, if they were to try it they would find that it should be sold at the local pharmacy, or used in chemical warfare. Typical shit, tho. That's why the cops are raiding our clubs instead of out bustin the crackies in the hood sellin and smokin that shit. I think it's a bit of rage, envy, b'cuz we can go to a club, take our E, pick up glow stix and dance like hell instead of ripping people off or stealing so we can get a fix. Women aren't trickin for the drug. The pigs cant arrest us for the other crimes, so they come in, fuck with a bunch of happy people and call it "right". Let's you now whut society iz about these days!
frown.gif

That's weird because I took PSYC as an elective last year and I swear my teacher was
a drug user. Everytime we talked about drugs I participated a lot in the discussion
wink.gif
, and she always gave me this grin whenever I spoke. She once said " that's why when you take ecstasy you think you're the best dancer" and I was like hell yeah!
PLUR!
------------------
a mind is a terrible thing to waste

That's weird because I took PSYC as an elective last year and I swear my teacher was
a drug user. Everytime we talked about drugs I participated a lot in the discussion
wink.gif
, and she always gave me this grin whenever I spoke. She once said " that's why when you take ecstasy you think you're the best dancer" and I was like hell yeah!
PLUR!
------------------
a mind is a terrible thing to waste

my sociology professor is all for "party drugs" as they are called these days. he'd never admit it outright, but he has been known to regale us with stories of mushroom trips, when he was a 20something. of course, the class is on deviancy, and right now the E/rave/party scene seems to be number one on the unacceptable forms of deviance list.
on another funny note, i got an A on my paper, which was more or less a recollection of experiences on E and shrooms, and how they forged a sort of spirituality for me that I have not found in any mainstream religions
smile.gif

i think i need to leave a few beans in his mailbox one day, and see what he says.
~bc
------------------
I think, therefore I ambient...

you should DEFINATELY bring this up next class. I'd also ask your teach if he/she is familiar with MDMA studies that are being or have been done around the country (it's sometimes tested as a potential cure for hard drug addiction, alcoholism, etc., though it's really hard for researchers to get FDA permission to use MDMA). if your teacher wasn't being sarcastic, then that's the shit that really pisses me off. i guess it's ok, though, for the frat heads to binge drink and die of alcohol poisoning or sadistic hazing going awry. keep us posted on what your teach says.
Nat

Bullshit. I'd love to be in your shoes next time you go into class.
Play dumb. Tell your professor that you heard ecstasy is coke and heroin anyways, so what's the difference?
You'll be able to tell right away if he has even half a clue what he's talking about.
[This message has been edited by Brock (edited 08 November 1999).]

your teacher is a crack-smoking-midget and he is kept, in his off hours, in the bowls of the local prison. Whenever a prisoner gets outta line the send them to the crack-crazed midget and he straightens them out. for real though if he is being serious about what he says about those drugs he IS an idiot. H and C are a whole hell-of-a-lot more detriMENTAL to our society than E ever will be. If he doesn't do E he needs to.
pEE/EllE/you/arE
stepper69

Maybe they said "never ever do it with out some good trance" and you happened to be distracted thinking of this weekend. Impossible?

I think Brock's advice is the best - say something silly like that and see what he comes back with. God it would be hard not to laugh.
It reminds me of the time I did this weekend (4 days) meditation retreat about 3 years + ago. The guy teaching us to meditate was talking about 'higher states' and told everyone that ecstacy would get you instantly into a higher state. He described the E experience but it didn't quite ring true with mine so I put my hand up and asked a couple of questions. The class got a bit shittee with my two questions and one women yells out 'oh for god sake try it and then you'll know'. To which I replied 'well I have and I just don't see that what he is saying is in line with my experiences.' Well then they were all ready to listen....half of them couldn't get their jaws off the flaw for days! They kept looking at me like I had done something really evil or that they couldn't understand I would do - I mean I was a professional with a good job etc etc etc......mmmm. It was very amusing.
I find the general community's view on ecstacy really wierd. It just seems strange how society today promotes itself as so informed and 'rational' and yet there is no logic, reason or common sense to many of its rules, codes of conduct or behaviour (eg alcohol is fine but some people in Australia were concerned about energy drinks like red bull!!! please).
The war on drugs, like many well intentioned programs, is only serving to do exactly the opposite of what it is trying to accomplish.
Another one which cracks me up is the 'solution' currently being carried out to solve the youth deliquency problems (particularly in the States). After three repeat offences, for example, a mandatory 25 years (forget which state it is but this general concept is gaining popularity). This is often the way to deal with homeless kids who have no opportunity. Hasn't anyone thought that a prison population greater than a college population in a country says something? I mean the cost to keep these people in prison is incredible!! Does anyone suggest prevention - helping homeless kids out when they are still young enough for it to make a difference???? Seems like a pretty cheap alternative actually ($50,000 a year for one inmate). It is almost like we are heading back to the way it was in the days of "les Miserables".
I just don't get how people think they are so smart and educated and yet act like such thick heads!!!!

Well, I have this book (Buzzed) and have read it from cover to cover. The chapter on ecstasy is very short and mostly speculation, but I recommend it for anyone who wants basic info on every drug.
As for you're prof. I would ask him to back up his statement.
jenn

God damnit. Don't you people realize that E is a dangerous and harmful substance. Your professor is right. Think of all the harmful side effects. Feelings of well being, happiness, empathy. Why if people start taking ecstacy they'll get together in safe enviornments, dance their asses off, meet people then spend all week posting about it. What they should be doing is getting drunk, driving around town yelling obscenities, raping sorority girls,knocking up there sisters and fighting with everyone because "That there fella done looked at me funny."
Fucking e-tards, don't you realize how destructive your actions are.

Sounds to me like your Prof. is smokin Crack cocain himself. There's no way this can be true. I mean, you don't see Eheads runnin around the streets without teeth, all skinny and fucked up all the time and feenin for some drugs like you do with Crackheads. I've seen my fair share of crackheads here in baltimore, and I have NEVER seen anything close to that in the Rave/E scene. Not even remotely close.
Chipmunk
"I gots mad PLUR for all y'all" - Chipmunk

Ok,Ok,Ok. Some proffesor makes a comment about E, then all of a sudden the people here start bashing me with this "drunk driving,starting trouble for no reason crackhead". You know, WTF? I've never beatin someones ass down that I don't think deserved it. AND OOOHHH, exuse me! You go out and dance all night and hug and make friends and I sit in some urinated rat infested building shaking like a car with bad gas, talking to my lighter while wearing on dirty old bunny slipper and YOUR BETTER!?!?!? Jerks!
crack_rep

Being a psyche professor he's more than likely looking at it from a psychological standpoint, I wonder if he believes *manic* depression [classic trait from x] is worse than chemical dependency.
There's a number of things to do for depression but only 2 things to do for dependency - bite the bullet and ride it out or feed the monkey.
Depression sometimes makes you feel like you wanna die, withdrawls make you feel like you're gonna die.
Get this professor talkin!
[This message has been edited by Brock (edited 09 November 1999).]

I think that for your next class with this teacher, you should for sure ask more because it's easy to say sthing before the bell rings. But be attention not to be too angry or get involved or what your teacher will say cause the other students or even your teacher will see that you like E and take it...and i don't think that all your class need to know it. Once I arrived in my class...I was still rolling..not so much as the previous days but I was coming from a club, just got time to take a shower and get some clothers. But the product had still its effects. Lots of people in my classroom noticed that I was " different". Even If I am considered to be happy lots of time, very often, this day i was definately TOO happy. So they asked me the question and because I was "défoncé" I said "yes". So now they know...and keep on repeating it, making allusions etc.
E scared people who are not similar with.
A+
PLUR
Valayrie