• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids OG Octagonal Opana ER - MEGA THREAD - can't find YOUR thread? check here.

Do not put these pills in the mouth, wetness and this pill do not mix, you will not be able to crush them into a powder after words, they will crush into a flattened globbed up mess.

Putting them in your mouth to remove the coating does not make the pill instantly turn into a globbed up mess, it doesn't work that way.

Either way, it's stupid to even remove the coating, don't do it, it's retarded. Just crush and snort, it's like a happy meal, quick and easy and always satisfying.

Alright, cool. I guess washing off the coating doesn't make a difference. I read somewhere that one guy who snorts it saves all the coating he scrapes off and uses it when he has none left, said it still gets you high - dunno.

So I guess crushing it up is bound to get some little flakes that just won't break down? Also such a small amount in there ... the whole pill crushed up doesn't even look like it would make half a line, and then I'm gonna have to break it down into half of a half, since I've never done it before, lol.

How come a lot of people keep saying eat a fatty meal before you do it? That's the 2nd or 3rd person/thread I've seen where someone said to do that

Thanks for the help guys =D

^^ Fatty meals help increase the bio-availability of Oxymorphone.
That would be why.
I've got some things to do atm but if I get a chance I'll re-post with some more info for you.

^^ Fatty meals help increase the bio-availability of Oxymorphone.
That would be why.
I've got some things to do atm but if I get a chance I'll re-post with some more info for you.

Isn't that just for oral ingestion? I mean, how the hell would something in your stomach change the absorption from your nasal/sinus cavity...8)

^^ I wasn't specifying for any specific ROA I was answering his question as to why people would be suggesting the use of a high fat meal.
I never stated what route I was referring to though I do realize his post is in regards to nasal admin.
However his question regarding why people where mentioning a high fat meal did not seem route specific.

Though as for "how the hell" something in your stomach would change absorption from your nasal cavity I'd have to look for specifics.
Regardless I'll venture a guess. :|

From the best of my understanding it would have to do with fact that Oxymorphone is lipid-soluble.
Increasing the lipid-content of the blood would mean that there is more lipids for the Oxymorphone to "bind" to and help with BBB penetration.
This would explain the increase in perceived strength, although I'd have to look for some more information to confirm this hypothesis.
Again this is just a guess that is way over simplified but perhaps someone more knowledgeable could chime in.

If I'm wrong on the mechanism I apologize but from personal experience it does seem to also affect nasal usage.
It could always be placebo but I'd be more inclined to believe something along the lines of my prior hypothesis.
Or perhaps something similar involving lipids but through a different mechanism of action.

No matter how you look at it your welcome to your have your own opinion on the matter.
Even if my hypothesis &/or mechanisms of action are wrong regarding this the following would still be relevant.
That being the case I hope you don't entirely dismiss the idea of eating something being able to affect nasal admin of various substances.
By doing so you would be discounting enzyme inhibition through oral admin of enzyme affecting foods; for example Grapefruit.
I doubt anyone could totally discount the effect of a enzyme inhibitor taken orally on the effect of a nasally administered Opiate
that is metabolized by the corresponding enzyme which your blanket statement would imply.

I'm not positive offhand as to what enzymes would effect Oxymorphone but for more information you could check out
Pharmacokinetic Drug Interactions of Morphine, Codeine, and Their Derivatives: Theory and Clinical Reality.

Also if anyone happens to be interested in the affect of a high fat meal on oral admin check out this link
Sustained release formulations of oxymorphone

Anyways, I'm getting off-topic & I apologize to others in the thread for my TLDR response to Oppyandme.
I just wanted to reply to Oppyandme's statement as the eye-rolling at my attempt to help answer the OP's question seemed unnecessary.
Regardless no ill will intended & I hope that my response helps to clarify any misconceptions.

Last edited:
^^^I guess I should have stated that even though I was directly quoting you, I was addressing everyone else who says the same thing. I have been using Opana for around 6 months straight, the 40mg ER's. My tolerance ranges from 20 - 100mg snorted daily depending on how deep into addiction I am. From personal experience, my high has NEVER changed with the contents of my stomach. I have gone as far to eat meals notoriously high in fat, steaks, burgers fast food etc, and my high has never changed. Thus why I am skeptical, so you can throw out all of the pharmacological jargon you want, it doesnt change my experience with Opana.

Edit: I think it is very important to clarify if a high fatty meal affects nasal administration. Dont write my response off as unhelpful and an eye-roll. Once again, I am not speaking from a scientific standpoint, my answers are purely experiential.

Last edited:
^^ Ok.
As I stated your entitled to your opinion. :)
I've had more experience with IR formulations than ER myself so my experiences are based off that.
My normal method of admin is via a IR nasal spray.
I haven't had that many ER's to waste to where I used any method other than just snorting them.
However I have a friend that will allow me to do some testing that I'm hoping works for a decent nasal spray.
Seems promising anyways.
Now that you know my method of admin I personally experience a boost in the effect of my spray when I consume high fat foods concurrently.
Though as I stated I'm not normally using the ER's but I have used them a number of times & also felt a boost.
As I stated whether or not it boosts the effect could be subjective so the fact that I feel a boost does not discount the fact that you do not.
Rather than eating high fat meals I just eat small amounts of highly concentrated fatty foods.
For example chocolate & peanut butter mixed together.
Another great bonus is that it allows me to enjoy some tasty candy, Lindt Peanut Butter Truffles. Nom nom. =D
Also of note is that I use considerably smaller doses than yourself.
As such the high fat may have more of a noticeable effect than it would at higher doses.
I apologize if you got the impression I was being dismissive.
I do not discount your opinion & as I stated my response is also based off personal experience & conjecture.
A healthy discussion of the topic that generates more information can't be bad.
I just felt that your post/eye roll was targeting me in an offensive manner but now that you've responded I'm glad to see that wasn't the case.

I hope we can consider this settled as it appears we both got our points across & no hostility was intended.
Regardless the generation of information regarding the matter that resulted hopefully will be useful to others.

Putting them in your mouth to remove the coating does not make the pill instantly turn into a globbed up mess, it doesn't work that way.

Either way, it's stupid to even remove the coating, don't do it, it's retarded. Just crush and snort, it's like a happy meal, quick and easy and always satisfying.

I dont know how youre doing it, Ive never had a good time when sucking the coating off Opana. I wipe it off and leave it out for a bit and crush the pill, it always flattens while staying stuck together. Its a pain in the ass to try to turn it into anything resembling a fine powder afterwards. Unless maybe you're leaving it out for 6 hours to dry. These pills do not work anything like oxycontins when it comes to sucking off the coating. I havent tried it in a long time, but it always went the same way, I always figured it was the stupid timerx shit. Oh well some people I guess have no problems sucking off the coating for some reason. I dont think any wetness should come near opana ER's except inside the nose.

Ive also never noticed any difference with the fatty meal beforehand. I would always tell someone to try it though because it has worked for some people.

Last edited:
industrial, I respect your experience and I am sorry for coming off like an ass. I would like to hear more opinions/experiences/evidence regarding whether fatty meals affect the bioavailabiliy of insuflated oxymorphone. I would like to expound more on this topic myself but it is effing annoying typing on my BlackBerry.

Soon I'll embark on my first snorting experience ... guess im gonna do just a little bit, not like 1 pill even has a lot anyway, so it's gonna be weird to snort something so small ..

Well I removed the flakes from the bag and snorted a bit, it's been about 20 minutes since I snorted it and so far I'm not feeling anything. I snorted it softly, like someone said, instead of just snorting it as hard as I could. I haven't gotten any "drip" coming out of my nose, but I have been sniffling ... but I am usually stuffed up and always sniffling so I can't tell which its from.

I'm reluctant to take more since it's only been about 20min or so, but, I'm not sure, since it's my first time snorting it. Also I haven't been sniffling hard so it comes out of my nose into my throat.

Thanks

Wow theres an Opana megathread now, I like. Yea Im not sure why people are sucking the coating off, IME the easiet way to remove the coating is to get a razor blade, preferably new, and just peel off the coating with the blade, like get the blade in between the coating and the pill.

You dont snort it the same way as Oxy, because most people with Oxy, snort it and suck down the drip, since most people like the taste and since the oral BA is high so it doesnt matter if its in your stomach. But with Opana, you defiently do not want to suck down the drip, its such a big mistake that people dont realize. Since the oral BA is so low, you want to get the powder up your nose, sniff a little to make sure its in there good, and then just wait. it definitely takes longer to peak than Oxy. Sometimes ill leave the powder up there for hours, to make sure I got good absorption, then you can suck down the drip, which will be the consistency of mucus or snot. I wouldnt suggest leaving the drip in your nose, because the powder can do some nasty damage to your nasal over time. So after you feel that you have gotten full absorption then you should rinse your nose out n clear out the drip.

IMO I would take Opana over Oxy any day, which is interesting considering Oxy use to be my DOC. I find that 10mg of Opana ER will get me feeling better than 40mg OC and for longer. I would take 40mg ER's over almost any other prescription opiate. Its the Bee's Knees.

Wow theres an Opana megathread now, I like. Yea Im not sure why people are sucking the coating off, IME the easiet way to remove the coating is to get a razor blade, preferably new, and just peel off the coating with the blade, like get the blade in between the coating and the pill.

You dont snort it the same way as Oxy, because most people with Oxy, snort it and suck down the drip, since most people like the taste and since the oral BA is high so it doesnt matter if its in your stomach. But with Opana, you defiently do not want to suck down the drip, its such a big mistake that people dont realize. Since the oral BA is so low, you want to get the powder up your nose, sniff a little to make sure its in there good, and then just wait. it definitely takes longer to peak than Oxy. Sometimes ill leave the powder up there for hours, to make sure I got good absorption, then you can suck down the drip, which will be the consistency of mucus or snot. I wouldnt suggest leaving the drip in your nose, because the powder can do some nasty damage to your nasal over time. So after you feel that you have gotten full absorption then you should rinse your nose out n clear out the drip.

IMO I would take Opana over Oxy any day, which is interesting considering Oxy use to be my DOC. I find that 10mg of Opana ER will get me feeling better than 40mg OC and for longer. I would take 40mg ER's over almost any other prescription opiate. Its the Bee's Knees.

I've never done oxy or anything, so when people describe the similiarities between them it really doesn't mean much to me. Like I said I've never even snorted these before, so terms like the drip and stuff still don't mean much.

I snorted a little bit, lightly, like the other threads said. I didn't "sniffle" hard after i snorted it, so it was sitting in there still i guess. It's been about 45minutes or so and I'm not feeling high or relaxed or anything, just feel normal. I've snorted stuff before, long long long ago, probably over 10 years ago.

I'm suppose to snort it soft, and when i feel it and taste it in the back of my throat im suppose to just let it sit there and not sniffle it? These are def. the most complicated pills I've ever taken, lol ... need instructions on how to do it ... can't just be as simple as crush up and snort, and feel it in 15min.

I agree with you, I got a knife I shave the coating off with. Compared with sucking the coating off the difference in the resulting powder is pretty major. I havent sucked the coating off my opana in close to a year, it sucks. And I also agree Opana kills Oxy, sometimes I believe the difference in strength is even more than most people claim. Its bad to get started on Opana because it jacks your tolerance up and makes it very hard to go back to Oxy or anything else.

Well I removed the flakes from the bag and snorted a bit, it's been about 20 minutes since I snorted it and so far I'm not feeling anything. I snorted it softly, like someone said, instead of just snorting it as hard as I could. I haven't gotten any "drip" coming out of my nose, but I have been sniffling ... but I am usually stuffed up and always sniffling so I can't tell which its from.

I'm reluctant to take more since it's only been about 20min or so, but, I'm not sure, since it's my first time snorting it. Also I haven't been sniffling hard so it comes out of my nose into my throat.

Thanks

What do you mean by flakes? Is that in relation to Opana? My opana have never really flaked and that is why Im confused. Maybe its because yours are in a bag, IDK. Opana usually hits me in 15 to 20 minutes, maybe you're underestimating your tolerance. Keep us updated.

To Oppyandme Thanks I'm glad we could resolve our differences in a civil manner. :)

I'm also looking forward to the discussion of this topic & any information that is brought up as a result.
I hear ya on the posting when mobile. It can definitely be a pain in the ass.
I'll have to see if I can dig up some more useful information on this subject.
Seeing as in my opinion Oxymorphone seems to be under represented information wise.
Though it seems like it's coming up as a topic more often lately.
So hopefully the knowledge base regarding this substance will soon be expanded.
I've posted a few things regarding it lately & have gotten some PM's regarding said posts as a result.
Though most of the inquiries where regarding the nasal spray's I've been discussing.
Sadly so far my methods really only pertain to IR's but as I stated I'm working on some methods to allow the ER's to be viable as a spray.
Hopefully I'll be posting a thread with information on these methods in the near future.
Basically as soon as I get some results. (Hopefully positive ones!)
I'm looking forward to using the collective knowledge & feedback of other Bluelighters to help further advance the knowledge of this less harmful route of nasal administration.
So stay tuned & if anyone is interested in methods for making a nasal spray out of the IR's feel free to PM me.
I might end up making a thread/post on it depending on how many people show interest & as a way to get feedback regarding ER prep methods.

How I take the coating off is by taking a razor blade and shaving the coating flake by flake if your focused enough you can make it so you lose no powder at all. Then crush and snort just do not let the pill get wet at any time or it gels and then turns into mega flakes, that the only way to ingest is by taking them orally and that's like eating a big old booger.

I know if you take opana through oral ingestion it is not as strong - but if you take it orally, is it better to take it on an empty stomach, or after you have eaten? I've taken mine on an empty stomach before and had nothing at all happen

Most have said its best to take with a high fat meal, or an empty stomach to feel it quicker but I wouldnt feel right unless I told you that Opana is not only weaker orally, I tell those that come into possession of Opana that taking them orally is a waste.

Do what you're comfortable with though.

Tomorrow is the day I obtain several Opana 20's, the extended release[ER] pill.

The best way to prepare these for injection?

Ive had them before and know about the skin thats not like Perdue OC's, so whats the best

method, probably just remove the skin, smash the pill into a fine powder, add water, stir,

filter and bang?

yes I know about all the bad shit thats in pills and you're not supposed to inject, but I haven't

IV'd anything in 4 months and I'm set on booting these fuckers. Some people say add heat, some say no heat. I probably wouldnt heat it. For the record.