• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids OG Octagonal Opana ER - MEGA THREAD - can't find YOUR thread? check here.

Opana's inactive ingredients are just that: inactive (unless we're talking about mainline injection) Even if you snort them too hard and half your dose ends up in your lungs, your body will just make some mucous and you'll cough it out over the next couple hours, just like smokers do. Interestingly enough, though, when IV'd, any particulates will attach to the lungs via the bloodstream before they can be filtered out and will hang around there for life, or so I'm told.

Try snorting slowly, making sure to stop as soon as you sense the dry powder hitting the back of your throat, wait for your nose to moisten, then do more/the rest. Ideally, everything you insufflate should stick to the mucous membrane in your nasal cavity. Otherwise, it'll most likely drip down the back of your throat, be swallowed, and be wasted. If you have them, the ERs make for a perfect thickening agent to keep all the goodies up your schnoz.

Could you describe the pain a little more...other than it's location? Like, when does it set in? Does it increase with the high? Or immediately after insuff? What kinda pain...sharp? Burning?

Last edited:
Could use the advice of anyone who is rx'd both ER & IR (or has had a large, steady supply for awhile), and has some experience with IV IR. I have quite a tolrnce to this drug after nearly a years daily use (intranasal), and want to know why I can't feel a unheated mainln dose prepped from four 10mg Opna IRs. What the hell could I be doing wrong? Is there some trick? No problems getting it set up or getting it in, but just can't feel much...no rush, barely noticeable after effects. Infact, I can't tell if what I'm feeling is from the hit, or from the half mg of xanax I'd taken earlier. Can't just be tolerance.

Finally!!!

Finally felt it! It took 5 of the ir 10s, but I felt it. Damn. I think it might be time to cut down...heh. So gentle, and still so powerful. Is that what people mean by "smooth"? I hate needles, but I had to find out. Yeah the rush is nice, but the reward isn't worth the risk of regular iv use. After the rush was over, the lasting high is exactly the same as with any other route, imo. I'll keep doing them the way I have been, but I'm sure I'll try this again with hydromorphone, to which I don't have nearly the tolerance as I do with oxyM.

DISCLAIMER.........
Please, for the love of god, don't ever do that much unless you know for an absolute fact that your tolerance demands it. I started out with 8 mg or so, then 10, then 15, 20, and so on, never increasing by more than 25% or so. My problem is I've been snorting these for so long on such a regular basis that it took nearly 50mg (couldn't fit quite all of it) to feel any sort of rush/onset.

Anyhow, I tasted the gunk leftover after filtering, and it was still bitter. It seems to me that if you want to get all you can from any hit that comes from a pill or is otherwise "cut", it always takes more water than you can fit in a rig. To get all of the OM out, you should filter it, add more water to what's left over, mix, filter again, and maybe even a third time, put everything you've drawn up into a wide flat spoon or small saucer and let some of the water evaporate off. You can speed this up by using a hairdryer on low/warm ...it'll reduce the water volume by half within a few minutes, but this'll put dust, etc in the hit, so make sure to filter once more with a new cottn before using it. I read somewhere around here that the "morphones" (ie: hydro, oxy, etc) start to degrade at something like 80 degrees F, so you don't want to prep them like you would certain other things by heating...just make sure all utensils involved are sterile, including the injection site.

Last edited:
Wtf?!

It's the strangest thing...45mg of intranasal ER seems to be stronger than the 45 (or so) mg iv shot I wrote about above. I don't get it. I've tried the iv route a handful of times - 40mg twice, then 45, and have only felt the 45, and then only really noticed the onset/rush. The lasting effects of snorting the 45mg of ER seem to be stronger and last longer than the mainline shot at the same dose.

Anyone have any similar experiences? Especially someone who has a steady supply of Opana, preferably both ER & IR in Rx'd amounts? I can't help but feel that I'm not getting all I could out of the shot...that somehow all the OM isn't being released or something, 'cause 45mg iv should kill a horse. No?

^ Snorting should last longer. In general, thats how it works. Slower onset, last longer (not a lot, but enough to measure). IVing gives a rush and requires less drug, so thats the advantage there.

As for snorting being stronger than IVing (in your experience), its obvious that you're losing quite a bit when you prepare your shot. IV oxymorphone is multiple times stronger snorted oxymorphone.

^

As for snorting being stronger than IVing (in your experience), its obvious that you're losing quite a bit when you prepare your shot. IV oxymorphone is multiple times stronger snorted oxymorphone.

My thoughts exactly, but what could it be? I posted my prep method here: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?p=6632047 (the one with the 10-12-2008, 20:51 time/date stamp and it doesn't seem like I'm doing anything wrong...the only indication I have that anything is wrong is the lack of sufficient effect based on how much I'm doing.

I can't stand the idea of wasting these things, so any help would be immensely appreciated.

Last edited:
SWIM was swimming in a swimming pool, and, out of no where, he had found one of these opana ER pills. Up the nose theyre very nice, only low doses required. so to all of those who want to try this, keep swimming I suppose.

^^^^^^^^
lol

so...

Does anybody know any oxymorphone specific potentiation methods?

Correct me if im wrong, cimetide and grapefruit juice are good potentiators for most opiates but are there any others specific to oxymorphone besides antihistamines(which are just add synergy not specific plasma level increases, which is what im looking for)?

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^
lol

so...

Correct me if im wrong, cimetide and grapefruit juice are good potentiators for most opiates but are there any others specific to oxymorphone besides antihistamines(which are just add synergy not specific plasma level increases, which is what im looking for)?

well ive seen many times on the site, and i've been told, that regarding opana, eating a really fatty meal before increases absorbtion or something. also probably decreases likelyhood of nausea, as this stuff is powerful. So yeah, I mean, maybe you like benzos and opiates? but other than cimetide, grpfruit juice, and antihistimines (some like hydroxyzine actually potentiate opiates, but require a prescription) - a good fatty meal has been reccomended directly regarding oxymorphone.

yea i always eat a nice fatty meal before taking my Opana, i was just wondering if there was anything else than what you stated above that is oxymorphone specific to potentiate it

^^^^^^^^
lol

so...

Yeah, booze and fatty foods (both at least 30 mins before administration) will both increase the actual blood concentration (by slowing elimination) of oxyM. To my knowledge, grapefruit juice is purely a benzo potentiator, and only really works well with valium. Works with xanax, but to a nearly negligible degree.

So grapefruit doesn't act on opiate dynamics, but cimetidine does. But if we're talking Opana, a double bacon cheeseburger 45 minutes before and a triple vodka martini 30 minutes before taking it will do far more than any other means of potentiation.

mmmm yea i thought that was gonna be the answers.

but i love a big fat double cheeseburger before i take my opana!! ;)

mmmm yea i thought that was gonna be the answers.

but i love a big fat double cheeseburger before i take my opana!! ;)

yea i always eat a nice fatty meal before taking my Opana, i was just wondering if there was anything else than what you stated above that is oxymorphone specific to potentiate it

homey, oxymorphone does not need any potentiation, just eat a fatty meal, i like taco bell, or a big shake from dairy queen or mcdonalds, this morning i went to mcdonalds and got a large, triple thick, strawberry shake and railed 20mgs of Opana and this suddenly i started into singing this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpFGjDlXS2k&feature=related =D

What do you guys do that have a script for Opana? If it was my DOC, I would be up to 400 pounds with all the fatty meals I would have to eat! :!

I can get a pretty constant stream of 20mg Opana ER and I was curious as to whether or not anyone's figured out how to prep these for IV yet. Everywhere I've read says it's nearly impossible and I don't want to waste any pills trying to figure it out for myself, since I have no idea where to even begin.