• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Which movie/TV characters are you?

tribal girl

Bluelight Crew
Every now and then I'll watch something and think, "oh my God she's just like me!". It doesn't happen too often, but there are a few which constantly spring to mind.

Ally Sheedy as Allison Reynolds in The Breakfast Club (1985):

ally1.jpg

Probably the first character I ever related to. When I was a kid I thought it would be kinda fun to be like her in school. But it wasn't until a few years back that I realized my teenage years were pretty much the same as Allison's. It wasn't as fun being the real life version of the 'basket case'.

Allison Reynolds: "They ignore me"

Thora Birch as Enid in Ghost World (2001):

ghostworld.jpg

If I had to choose, Enid would probably be the one character that would be a good representation of myself a few years ago. Like her it was pretty much just me and my best friend in school. We despised everyone else and wanted nothing to do with them. Eventually we ended up drifting apart. I went through weird phases, particularly in music and film. Some might even say 'obscure' ;). I failed secondary school, more or less. And I was forced into art school and had a moronic teacher just like the Illeana Douglas character.

Enid: "This is so bad it's gone past good and back to bad again"

Lauren Ambrose as Claire Fisher in Six Feet Under (2001):

300px-Ep58_1.jpg

Another one I strongly relate to. I would say out of all these characters, I'm the most like Claire now. One of the reasons I dropped out of art school was because I didn't feel I was learning anything important. I was/am also very into photography and art in general. And there's quite a few similarities between Ruth and my mum.

Claire: "I feel like I'm trapped underwater"

Ellen Page as Juno (2007):

281x211.jpg

Minus the pregnant part I was very much like her before my teens. Major tomboy, listened to 60's and 70's groups, learned how to play guitar, loved horror films (still do, and coincidentally Suspiria is one of my all time favourites). But I have to say, Sonic Youth isn't just noise :|

Juno MacGuff: "I don't know what kind of girl I am"

Who are you?

About 4 years ago I would've said Matthew McConnoughey's (sp?) character on Dazed And Confused. I was him in every way except that instead of a badass car I had a a mini-van. These days, though, I gotta say Chandler off of Friends. Or maybe Ryan Reynolds in Waiting (except not as hot...and I mean that in as much of a heterosexual way as possible). Either way, it's about the same. One-dimensional personality full of quick-witted, often self-deprecating comments and I really do not give a flying fuck who doesn't like it. Actually, I kind of enjoy it when people consider me a "smart-ass" or an "asshole". It's a gift that God blessed me with and I would hate to let it go to waste.

Interesting idea
Withnail in Withnail and I
withnail03.jpg

Cynical, sarcastic, misanthropic, critical, stubborn, somewhat selfish, me through and through. I'm not quite as self-destructive, but should I face more failures in my life I could see me becoming almost exactly as Withnail. He chooses what's important to him and everything else becomes inconsequential.

"I fail to see my family's of any interest to you. I've absolutely no interest in yours. I dislike relatives in general and in particular mine."

"I must say, that represents a level of hypocrisy in you that I'd previously suspected, but not noticed due to highly evasive skills."

the only one i can seriously think of that is sorta close would be

ron livingston as peter gibbons in Office Space (1999)

40944a.jpg

OfficeSpace2.jpg

friendly, yet cynical and jaded office monkey who's shy around meeting girls and requires a little more confidence, despite acing every aspect of the office environment and even regularly finding ways to exploits systems to his own advantage.

1. Dustin Hoffman as Benjamin Braddock in The Graduate (Aimless and unmotivated. Shameless MILF habit).

2. Tom Waits as Benny the Bartender in Rumble Fish (Problem hair. Incoherent.)

3. Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde (The forces of good and evil are contantly struggling for control of my soul).

junctionalfunkie said:
3. Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde (The forces of good and evil are contantly struggling for control of my soul).

It has been theorized that The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde was written by Robert Louis Stevenson during a week-long coke binge and that that the Jeckyll/Hyde story is one big coke metaphor.

supertrav77 said:
It has been theorized that The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde was written by Robert Louis Stevenson during a week-long coke binge and that that the Jeckyll/Hyde story is one big coke metaphor.

Ya know what? I read that a couple of weeks ago and decided to re-read the book to see if the metaphor rang true, and it certainly seems to.

Now, I'm in the middle of Portrait of a Killer by Patricia Cornwell, which claims to have solved the Jack the Ripper murders. Pretty good book so far, and today I came across this passage referring to The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde:

"Dr. Jekyll's evil side is the 'animal' that lives within him and feels no fear and relishes danger. It is in the 'second character' of Hyde that Dr. Jekyll's mind becomes most nimble, 'his faculties sharpened to a point.'"

Sounds like coke to me!

my first thought is one i don't even want to admit, but...roseanne.

not the whole fat ugly and poor schtick, but the in your face sarcastic parenting/personality skills are spot on with me.

i couldn't think of any more and asked my hubby as he sat next to me if any popped in his head. he brought up dharma from dharma and greg. it is more of a really accurate view of him and i, we are that different and everything from the couple themselves to the family and friends of each just rings true. in spite of and bc of my kookiness and flat out insanity, he loves me anyway.

i will come back with more later, good idea thread!

supertrav77 said:
Dude, listen to the first three minutes of this. Sherlock Holmes LOVED teh coke.

Couldn't listen to it (no speakers right now), but isn't that the one that opens with a detailed description of Holmes banging C,and Watson says something like "Which is it today, cocaine or morphine?"?

I don't wanna hijack this thread, supertrav, but lets start one somewhere (Words?) analyzing the coke connection to Jekyll/Hyde. Whaddaya say? :)

Zeniba, the (good) twin sister of Yubaba in Spirited Away
zeniba.jpg

Zeniba at first appears to be as selfish and coldhearted as her sister, but is in fact not. This relates to me because everybody tells me that the first impression of me is vastly different from how I really am which is a kind, generous, thoughtful and down to earth type ;) Also I am not greedy, and don't really care for money, power or fame and am perfectly content & secure in the comfort of my home and with close friends / loved ones. I'm also not the type to be vengeful when wronged..although I WILL fight for what is rightfully mine when needed. (Usually, that doesnt happen because things work out for me before it gets to that point..think Chihiro travelling all the way to give Zeniba the seal!)

Zeniba: Ooh, a paper cut!

That's funny tg, when Ghost World came out a lot of my friends associated me with Rebecca Doppelmeyer. I'll just go with that.

ghostworld-4.jpg

Now if only the looks followed the attitude.

Rebecca: Who can forget this great hit from the 50's, huh?

Last edited:
I would say I'm a lot like the character Jane(Thora Birch) in American Beauty cause I had that teenage angst like she did, plus I always go for the weird guys.

I'm kinda like Daria and Jane from the TV show Daria, because I'm artsy like Jane, and people tell me I have a monotone voice, like Daria.

I'm a lot like Marla Singer, too, from Fight Club. I think we have a similar style and personality. (again with falling for the weird guys haha)

Last edited:
Some weird cross between Donnie Darko (the dark schizo factor), Joel Barish of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (artsy introversion), and John "Bluto" Blutarsky (John Belushi) in Animal House, doing crazy stuff when drunk/general party monster chaos.