Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NSW - lookouts

[eK]

Bluelighter
right. im keen to find out about some decent lookouts you may have discovered around NSW.
my favourite is Kings Table in wentworth falls, a friend and i found it the other day.
i advise you ALL sus it out =D

^ lol, I thought it may have been a bit suss to, but you know... he is referring to where you stand at some high point and look over the landscape etc

I recommend some of the lookouts around the Central Coast such as Terrigal and Avoca. Also another one in the Fraser National Park which is more North Central Coast towards Newcastle

Look out!!!!!

225.jpg

I tend to go to off the beaten track type lookouts.

All of these are accessible with a bit of careful driving or a four wheel drive.
Please note that i have only shown a fraction of what is there to see as I dont want to spoil the surprises in store.

Sometimes I will purposely get up very early to capure the early morning mists as I love that time of day and the special views it affords

Lost City in the Gardens of Stone.

100_1076Medium.jpg

Part of the Kanangra Walls lookout.

100_0705Medium.jpg

Lookout overlooking the shoalhaven area. taken from inside the rain forests.

100_0307Medium.jpg

Oohh I've wanted to hike into Kanangra for years now Maz, holds a special meaning. Looks similar to Govetts Leap, which is one I was going to mention, although I havent been there since I was a kid >15 years ago.

Eh all the ones near me are so touristy, Cape Byron, Minyon falls and Mount Warning. All quite decent but busy and crowded.

I hiked around Kanangra a few years ago. It snowed. In November. And I think at some point we waded through a river. Good times.

The cliffs on the Royal National Park Coastal Track are pretty nice. Especially about half way through the north half where there are waterfalls. I recommend walking that track. It's about 1.5 days walk and you camp at North Era. I've been meaning to go back for some time.

When I was a lad Klue, I would visit Kanangra Walls 2-3 times a year for various outings.

Sometimes a hike or other times to do the canyon below and others to simply go there and chill.

In those days you could drive all the way to the cliff and we did often.

I even used to sit on the edge with my legs dangling over.............great memories.

In the pic of the Lost City, thats one tiny tiny bit of a full panorama of absolute beauty. In the distance that smoke, which I am pretty sure is steam, is from Lithgow.

^ did you used to swim naked in the rivers and waterholes too?

eggman88888 said:
^ did you used to swim naked in the rivers and waterholes too?

Interesting you ask that..............the answer is yes, quite often with my mates at the time.. it all just seemed pretty natural to us.

I will admit, Im not sure if your question was taking the piss or being serious but anyways i have answered serially.

I was serious

Just reading over the description you gave I started to pick up on a tone that conveying that sort of imagery

The whole time I was expecting you to finish of with "...then we would strip down and swim naked in the river like the girls from Sirens."

But you didnt, so I had to find out

mt kiera in wollongong..

mt yarrahappini on mid north coast

hahaha, actually I dont think I ever did on any of those ventures but when I was younger, say about 12 or so then it was quite normal and done at nepean river, colo river or backyard pool............lol.

DJC* said:
Kurrajong Heights.

be careful.

that place can induce bad symptoms, such as your environment melting around you.

or carpet trying to eat you.

found a place called rocky island today - its somewhere along the emu plains side of the nepean river.
such a good chill out spot. next time i go i will try remember to take some photos.