suggestion for forums Sci/Tech and Philosophy/Spirituality

qwe

Bluelight Crew
there are a lot of thread subjects that pertain to both. aka they could fit in either one, and would be better fitting in BOTH

eg,

consciousness,
artificial intelligence,
consciousness and artificial intelligence,
the future of technology,
implications of social psychology,
other soft sciences and their social implications,
you get the picture

so i was thinking if there could be a sticky thread at the top of both forums..

for the sci/tech forum the sticky would include links to the sci/tech related threads in the philosophy forum

and in the philosophy forum, the sticky would include links to the philosophy related threads in the sci/tech forum

because i think readers of either forum deserve to see the content they want in the other (since some dont go to both). and you guys dont want cross-forum-posting and i doubt you'd re-arrange the forums so the sticky might be the easiest option

just a thought...

It would make more work for the mods...

Overlapping topics are encountered quite frequently throughout all of BL's forums, qwe, not just Philosophy and SciTech. What mods, smods and admins try to do is "bounce" overlapping topics through both/all relevant forums. In other words, if a "Future of Technology" thread is posted in SciTech (as an example), it would be moved to Philosophy & Spirituality and then immediately moved back to SciTech, thus leaving a working "moved" thread redirect link in the Philosophy forum. Not to say that this happens with all overlapping threads, but it is something the staff here routinely try to do. If you see a thread in one forum which you believe would benefit from such a "bounce", please do not hesitate to contact that forum's mod/smod/admin and request it. Thanks for thinking outside the forum/box. :)

^thanks, thats also a good way to handle it. ive run a forum before so i dont know why i didnt think of that. should i (or, we) PM the mod, or use the 'report' button?

qwe, best option is to PM a SuperModerator or Admin, as moderators have the power to move within/out of their own forum only, having then to ask the mods of the other forum to move the thread back. SrMods or admins can move across forums without such restrictions. I don't think that the mods would mind a reported post/thread if attached to a specific request to have the thread bounced through an overlapping forum. For SciTech related, I'm sure alasdairm won't mind accommodating such a request as a SrMod and you're welcome to PM me too.