Votes: 2 11.8%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

L2R

Bluelight Crew
d: gavin hood (director of tsotsi & rendition)

w: david benioff (writer of 25th hour, troy, the kite runner & brothers)

s: hugh jackman

imdb link

wolverinelarge.jpg

After the release of this photo from the set of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" earlier this week met not-so-kind reaction, 20th Century Fox went to USA Today yesterday to premiere the first official publicity still from their X-Men spin-off feature.

The accompanying article says the film will trace Wolverine's past as he discovers the world of mutants and, ultimately, the ominous Weapon X program which turns people into living weapons.

Wolverine's nemesis Sabretooth "is going to play a big part in it. And there will be a good bit of cameos" of new and familiar mutants Jackman says. He adds "But you can't give too much away, because fans are pretty hard-core. Their expectations go up a level every time you come out with a new film."

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080218b.php

Lynn Collins ("The Number 23," "Bug") and Danny Huston ("30 Days of Night," "Children of Men") have joined the cast of the upcoming "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" project reports The IESB & Joblo.

This film leads up to the events of X-Men and tells the story of Wolverine's epically violent and romantic past, his complex relationship with Victor Creed, and the ominous Weapon X program.

Along the way, Wolverine encounters many mutants, both familiar and new, including surprise appearances by several legends of the X-Men universe.

Collins will play Wolverine's love interest Silver Fox, the actress having beat out M:I-3 co-stars Maggie Q and Michelle Monaghan who were both up for the role.

Huston will play William Stryker, the character played by Brian Cox in "X2: X-Men United" who's head of the project behind Wolverine's creation.

Film School Rejects reports that 'The Blob' will make an appearance in the film as an 800lb rubber suited actor. Rhino Buggies says that Fox have purchased one of their extreme terrain vehicles for the movie.

"Wolverine" is finishing up its New Zealand shoot this weekend and will be headed to Australia early next week for the remainder of the production.

i don't understand how they can work in cameos in this prequel when there are fresh intrductions in the first film.

doh!

No, this is not an April Fool joke - even I thought so for about two minutes until I saw proof.

Early Tuesday US time a near DVD-quality workprint of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" found its way onto the peer-to-peer torrenting networks - a full month before the film's release.

A film leaking online is nothing new, poor quality camcorded versions and/or only marginally better Telecine/Telesync transfers of most films usually hit the torrent networks within days of their US general release.

Proper DVD rips and screeners for festival titles and/or Oscar contenders have also been leaking with more and more vigor of late.

Yet outright workprint leaks are rare as they take place before public release of a film and so are often much easier to trace the source. Ang Lee's 2003 effort "Hulk", Eli Roth's "Hostel Part II" and Rob Zombie's "Halloween" reboot notably saw working prints of their films leaked a week or two before their theatrical releases.

The leak of "Wolverine" though, a full month before its cinematic release, has understandably sent shockwaves around Hollywood and the online community.

Even worse for the studio is the good quality of the transfer - what's shown is essentially complete and in near-DVD quality with only a few unfinished effects shots pointing to its 'work copy' status according to comments left by those who've seen it.

This print also has a 106 minute runtime, making it apparently about fifteen minutes shorter than the final cut which means it likely lacks some or all of the reshoot footage shot in January in Canada. The film is still not finished and receiving final post-production touches according to anonymous sources here in Sydney.

Fox legal is understandably scrambling to shut copies down, a practice that studios have become surprisingly adept at. Yet while the studio may be able to stem much of the flow, once something like this is out there it never entirely goes away.

With no real time codes or identifying traits, the big questions have arisen - who is responsible and how can something like this happen?

The hunt has begun and with something this large there won't just be lawsuits and prosecutions, but major changes and security crackdowns on the post-production process where the source of the leak seems to have come from.

The other question of course is will the leak have any effect on the box-office? That's a more murky question. Fox's biggest earner this year, the thriller "Taken", had DVD rips from the international release leak online months before the US release - yet it obviously had no impact.

Fox's next film, "Dragonball Evolution" opening next Friday, was already released in select Asian countries last month and incomplete poor-quality camcorded versions started appearing on the torrenting sites the other week.

The studio itself has earned a rather bleak reputation of interfering with filmmakers and often ignoring screenings for critics over the past two years, a behavior reflected in weak box-office returns last year, which might be a motive for such a leak.

Then again even the most adamant basher of Tom Rothman's regime couldn't condone such an act. It's an act that cruelly robs thousands of people of not just months of hard effort, but their potential livelihood as well.

As a friend of mine just said to me when we discussed this, people can be real sh*ts sometimes.

BTW, as of the time of this story's publication, it's certain that most leaks will be have been shut down by now while others will be under surveillance by various legal authorities. So if you've been reading this and getting an idea about looking for it, I'd advise against it.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/13725/-wolverine-leaked-fallout-ensues/

I don't know shit about the X Men saga. I'm not a comic book buff but this movie was cool in my opinion. I just saw the leaked copy on the Internet. If you need the hook up then PM me and i'll send you the link... if I like you... ;)

disclaimer edit: the winky connotes a sarcastic smile. larr_e has been around long enough to know what bluelight is not here for, and he will not supply a link if asked. listen to thedeceased, find it yourself.

or read the article above and just wait the theatrical release, which will contain the full length cut and fully realised effects and edits and shit
-impimp

Last edited by a moderator:
Or we could just use google. It's not exactly hard to find... But having said that, I wouldn't watch this movie if it was given to me for free and I didn't have anything better to do.

I fucking hate Hugh Jackman. He's such a pretty boy.

ah come one, hugehackman is alright!

i saw liev schreiber when they were filming this in sydney. we crossed paths while walking to work one morning.

I hang my head in shame. Come on IP cut me some slack. I've been drinking since 10...

is that age 10?

the red text was addressed to readers of your post, not you, silly!

at first I thought this movie was going to suck balls. but the preview looked good and a friend who saw the movie said that it was pretty good. Gambit looks pretty awesome and so does Sabretooth.

I was excited to see it at first.

Looks like they made Sabertooth non retarded like the last 3 installments. And actually explore the strong relationship they have (which they epically failed to do so in the last 3 as well, fuck actually made it out like they did not know who each other was) Plus Gambit looks fucking crazy! And hes my second favorite X-men (duh Wolverine first) And to top it off, it looks like they are making Wolverine the crazy insane fighter he is (preview of him shredding the chopper and the airplane with his claws......THATS WOLVERINE STYLE!!)

But *sigh* then more previews come out.......Now they are screwing with the movie Xmen world. They made the first three giving you the impression Cyclops and Wolvie never meet....yet Cyclops is in this?? Oh and for the love of god, I am a huge Ryan Reynolds fan....but Deadpool??? DEADPOOL??? WHAT??? Deadpool is not sarcastic funny and whitty.....he got his name from his violent escape and he is a violent mercenary for hire!! STOP RUINING THE BEST COMIC BOOK CHARACTERS IN THE MARVEL WORLD!!

the x-men origins: magneto film rests on the financial success of this thing. they're also working on a x-men origins high school or someshit where all the characters are like teens, sounding quite akin to the new star trek or muppet babies.

They are contradicting themselves now. They can not even keep their own stories straight. Fine if you need to draw a line between movie/comic world, but as stated earlier, when the first installment is released and you have Wolverine and Cyclops not knowing who the fuck each other is only to make a 4th installment where they have a history, you start to make your side of the story unbelievable.

They are contradicting themselves now. They can not even keep their own stories straight. Fine if you need to draw a line between movie/comic world, but as stated earlier, when the first installment is released and you have Wolverine and Cyclops not knowing who the fuck each other is only to make a 4th installment where they have a history, you start to make your side of the story unbelievable.

i have the same negative reaction to seeing cyclops on the poster. i haven't seen the new trailer but i assume that they don't cross paths or something in this film. or then again, they could always use the plausable "star wars" technique of having inconvenient memories erased. he could get his head bashed by sabretooth or something and then later remember everything except the interaction with wolvie ;) or perhaps he's an identical twin to the one in the other three films, or the one in the films is like a clone or something. ;):p

tbh, i expect something cheap like a memory tampering by the professor.

but in other words, i'll save my complaint for after i see the film

both wolvie and sabretooth spend all of their screeentime really fuckin drunk. it seems his regenerative powers do not extend to alcohol induced brain damage.

ah come one, hugehackman is alright!

i saw liev schreiber when they were filming this in sydney. we crossed paths while walking to work one morning.
And did you give him a congratulatory nod of appreciation, or did you simply douse him with petrol and set him alight?

Personally I quite like the guy. He has an interesting style. Sorta deadpan, but stil intrigueing.