Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

I've never see a film featuring [fill in the actor or actress] that I didn't like...

SonOF

Bluelighter
So is there an actor or actress out there that you feel has never been in a film that you didn't like? Not every one of these films has to be a great, Oscar-worthy film, or even one of your favorites, but at least a decent, enjoyable flick. In some cases, perhaps I have not seen every film that has featured the particular actor, but of those that I have seen, I haven't seen a bad one. For me, two of those actors Jim Carrey and Edward Norton. I'll list the films I have seen featuring these actors (that I can remember at the moment), and perhaps someone can suggest a really SHITTY film not on the list, that will change my mind. ;) But I'd rather see other actors that people find have never been in a movie that they didn't enjoy.

Jim Carrey

Ace Ventura 1 & 2, Dumb and Dumber, Fun with Dick and Jane(poor, but semi-enjoyable), Bruce Almighty, The Mask, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Cable Guy, The Grinch, Me, Myself and Irene, Man on the Moon, Liar, Liar, The Truman Show

Edward Norton

The Illusionist , The Italian Job (definitely average; watchable), Death to Smoochy (I actually dug this film), 25th Hour, Red Dragon, Fight Club, American History X, Rounders, The People vs Larry Flynt

Kevin Spacey

nspacey10.jpg

Morgan Freeman

He also has one the best narrating voices and styles I've heard. The man is simply great.

SonOF said:
Edward Norton

The Illusionist , The Italian Job (definitely average; watchable), Death to Smoochy (I actually dug this film), 25th Hour, Red Dragon, Fight Club, American History X, Rounders, The People vs Larry Flynt

you stole my actor!! :X

=D

Katherine Hepburn
Katherine%20Hepburn.jpg

Stage Door, Bringing Up Baby, Sylvia Scarlet, Philadelphia Story (weakest of the bunch dispite a stellar cast), Little Women, Adam's Rib Desk Set.

261.jpg

- Joan Blondell. My all-time favorite actress. Even her B-movies rocked!
Golddiggers of 1933, Golddiggers of 1937, Footlight Parade, Dames, There's Always A Woman, The Greeks Had a Word for Them, Union Depot, Nightmare Alley, Blonde Crazy, Three On A Match, Broadway Gondolier, Bullets Or Ballots, Lady For A Night, East Side Of Heaven, and King And The Chorus Girl (by far the weakest but Joan still sparkled).

Nick Swardson!

One of the funniest actor/comedians right now, IMO. He really needs to get some starring roles.

Jodie Foster:

jodie_l.jpg

(Taxi Driver, Freaky Friday, Five Corners , The Accused, The Silence of the Lambs , Little Man Tate, Sommersby, Nell, Anna and the King, Panic Room)

There's still a few main ones I haven't seen, but all the ones I have seen I've enjoyed.

James Dean:

JamesDean-RoySchat.jpg

(East Of Eden, Rebel Without A Cause, Giant)

Ok, so he only made three films. But they were all great.

Winona Ryder:

329625911_2d3f034e42.jpg

(Beetle Juice , Heathers, Welcome Home Roxy Carmichael , Edward Scissorhands, Mermaids, Night on Earth, Dracula, Reality Bites, Girl, Interrupted, The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things)

Actually, now I think about it there are one or two Winona films I don't like. But I'm gonna bend the rules a little as she's been in so many fantastic films.

Robin Williams

Thats right never a one!!! Even Insomnia was ok

and

Hulk Hogan

All his movies rocked when I was a youngin

oooh oohh

I forgot
Pauly Shore

I really liked Pauly Shore Must Die

Chris Farley

Wayne's World
Coneheads
Wayne's World 2
Airheads
Billy Madison
Tommy Boy
Black Sheep
Beverly Hills Ninja
Almost Heroes
Dirty Work

Mazey said:

I'm a big fan of Cary Grant (I use him as my icon). I came really close to mentioning him in this thread and if it weren't for The Amazing Quest Of Ernest Bliss, I would have.

tribal girl said:
Jodie Foster:

Ever seen Foxes?

SA said:
Morgan Freeman

He also has one the best narrating voices and styles I've heard. The man is simply great.

I'm with you on this one. ^^

Come to think of it, I also don't know if I've seen a Denzel Washington film I didn't like.

Mickey Rourke ~ my favorite actor of all time.
angelheartantilles91035jc5.jpg

Buffalo 66, Nine and a Half Weeks, Diner, The Pope of Greenwich Village, Angel Heart, Sin City, Once upon a Time in Mexico, Spun, The Rainmaker, Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man, Barfly...........

He had one awful clunker but I dont care, I still watched it anyway...this man is fucking genius.

Jimmy Stewart

jimmy-stewart01.jpg

You Can't Take It with You, It's a Wonderful Life, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, The Philadelphia Story, Harvey, Rear Window, Anatomy of a Murder, Vertigo

Paul Newman

paulnewman480.jpg

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, The Hustler, Cool Hand Luke, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, The Sting, Slap Shot, The Hudsucker Proxy, Road to Perdition

Bill Murray

43333c04d8fed-40-1.jpg

Caddyshack, Stripes, Tootsie, Ghost Busters, Scrooged, Ghost Busters II, What About Bob?, Groundhog Day, Kingpin, Rushmore, (omfg don't kill me) Osmosis Jones, The Royal Tenenbaums, Lost in Translation, Coffee and Cigarettes, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Julianne Moore

JulianneMoore.jpg

The Hand That Rocks the Cradle, Safe, Boogie Nights, The Big Lebowski, Magnolia, Hannibal (ugh, guess I didn't hate it), The Hours, Laws of Attraction, Children of Men

I'm sure there's ones they've been in and I wouldn't like but I'm just not going to watch those. Oh, and I don't count "voice-acting". ;)

Last edited:
Ellen Page
36_ellen_page.jpg

She was in Hard Candy and I believe X-Men 3 (which was tolerable) and she's in the movie Juno which I haven't seen yet, but looks good.