Votes: 8 21.6%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters

lilczey

Bluelighter
ok i don't know if this is hip to bluelight but this new movie that previewed on transformers and beowolf......it looks incredible...and theres a whole online hipe to wat the monster is going to be.....
ok first we start with what a ARG is? a ARG is a alternate reality game which is an interactive narrative that uses the real world as a platform, often involving multiple media and game elements, to tell a story that may be affected by participants' ideas or actions. Imagine u run accross a web site for exsample www.ilovebees.com(which is a real ARG) which at first just looks like a obsesive bee fan web site but upon further inspection u relize that the site is fake, the blogs connected to the site is fake, and everything related to the site is FAKE. this site shows many errors which don't look right and this information on the site is all wrong. you realize that u have stumbled upon some kind of important message that asks you to help and find the truth....when you complete the this "game" you relize its all been apart of a marketing idea called viral advertising, this is all apart of cloverfield....which is a new J.J. Abrams film about some kind of monster that attacks new york city and we don't know what the monster is or why its here....this game started when all the suddden in the transformer movie you see this video to rob and a going away party that is inturupted by new york being killed and a number with a website www.1-18-08.com so now a site called www.slusho.jp is reportedly connected with the site and yet have J.J. abrams addmited that this movie has anything to do with with the site but thats all just there plan.... now i have given you all this info its your time now....ur part of the game and its time u started playing........................end transmition

meh. i don't buy this forced hype crap.

teaser trailer + no title = nothing special yet.

it is not a JJ Abrams film. it's directed by someone names matt reeves. imdb lists it as cloverfield

^^i thought it was a pretty good idea....a matter of fact...thats just me tho

I am all about a new monster movie- as in this with the capability of destroying a city.
don't really care too much for the viral marketing. that's kinda lame8)
But, I've seen two or three trailers on the net, and my friends and I can't wait. Probably see it openning day. can not wait!=D
anyone know if this'll be just a limited release at first, or it gonna go nation wide?

lilczey said:
^^i thought it was a pretty good idea....a matter of fact...thats just me tho

yeah well, when it boils down to it, what is this product, a marketing scheme or a film?

you're not wrong in digging it. that's up to you. i just feel that a good product doesn't require gimmicks and marketing ploys to be successful. in fact, the more effort they put into the marketing of a film, the less i'm hyped to see it. but that's just me. :\

Cloverfield: 1/18/08

I've been looking forward to seeing this since I saw the cryptic trailer a few months ago. You've got to admire the marketing staff for making a trailer that made you want to see the movie and at the same time not give anything away. I hate the way trailers today pretty much show the entire movie,crammed into three minutes. Anyway. Here's five minutes of footage from the movie that still manages not to give anything away.
http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/475a0f5f7f2007c8/4762bc4876333c33

the we we

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee we ;)

lilczey said:
film about some kind of monster that attacks new york city and we don't know what the monster is

I know what monster it is that's attacking New York City. You wanna know what it is?

NSFW:
crowd.jpg

I just got home from seeing this with one of those free sneak passes. Since so little is known about this movie so far, anything I say will be spoilerific, so here's the cut:

NSFW:
I have to preface this with - I have not been following all the hype-viral crap online. So I may have missed some clues and tie-ins along the way.

The movie starts off with a test pattern, no music, no credits. The test pattern says "Property of the DoD" and "Site formerly designated "Central Park."" Then it goes right into the camcorder tape footage we've all seen with the kids at the party. You get introduced to all of the important people, through wedding-style testimonial videos. And then, BAM, explosions, monster, etc. A lot of the reactionary footage of the people after the explosions, and the way the explosions were done looked identical to the 9-11 aftermath footage, I am sure it was their inspiration. The whole movie is camcorder footage, which was a really interesting way to film it. Blair Witch tried it a while back, but did not pull it off nearly as well. (You will notice a big nod to the BWP towards the end of the movie.)

I haven't decided yet if I actually liked it or was just impressed by the filmmaking techniques. My friend has looked at a lot of the online marketing, and said that the site that talked about the offshore drilling was an important link to the monster's origins.

SUPER SPOILER INFO ABOUT THE ENDING BELOW!!!!

The movie just stops abruptly when the camcorder tape ends. Again, that fits in nicely with the style of the rest of the film, but I thought something was missing. They should have had a closing title screen come up with some exposition like "The footage you just watched was found in New York in 2008. 10,000 people were killed, here's where the thing came from, blah blah blah." But then again, I am one of those people who hates it when the movie leaves you with a ton of unanswered questions. One of the main ones is the significance of the Cloverfield name.

I would love to discuss some things once you guys have seen it.

supertrav77 said:
It looks to be four-legged. Possibly Anguirus from the Godzilla series.

NSFW:
Lol, nope. It has two front legs and none in back, just kind of a long body/tail. It moves around like a bat does, by walking on its elbows.

Hmmmm....three votes,but only one person's claimed to have seen it. Who gave the one star vote(if you actually saw it)and what exactly did you hate about it? Details,because I think Daisybabe's the only one here who's actually seen it.

there's a free myspace screening tonight in fox studios but arsed if i can be bothered walking that far. meh..... later.

HisNameIsFrank said:
Hmmmm....three votes,but only one person's claimed to have seen it. Who gave the one star vote(if you actually saw it)and what exactly did you hate about it? Details,because I think Daisybabe's the only one here who's actually seen it.

Lol, I haven't even voted yet, so none of those are me. :) I was waiting to make up my mind until someone else offered some discussion.