View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Man, psychedelic toad arrested

Chronik Fatigue

Ex-Bluelighter
Man, psychedelic toad arrested
Thursday Nov 15 13:00 AEDT

A US man and his pet toad have been arrested after authorities accused him of using the critter to get high.

Kansas City police allege David Theiss possessed a Colorado River Frog with the intention of getting high, KMBC-TV reports.

Experts said it was possible for someone to achieve psychedelic effects by licking the toad’s venomous glands.

Most pet stores in Kansas City do not stock the rough-looking, dark-green frog because its venom can kill household animals and sicken humans.

"People used to do it all the time, but it got faded out awhile, but came back as a fad. Not a smart one," animal expert Danny Snyder said.

"The toxins in it can kill a lot of stuff."

Theiss has been released on bond while the toad remains in custody at a police crime lab.
Nine MSN

How the hell did they know that he was going to lick the toad?

I hope no tax payer money was spent on any sort of investigation.

What kind of Nazi place would arrest you for a frog? Scary!!
I have always been scared of Kansas even more now.
Crime lab wow what a bunch of fucking morons.

how did he get arrested? lol

was he just walking around with it? or was it probabal cause lol

Is this Kansas City, KS or Kansas City, MO? They both suck in terms of might-whiteyness, of course. At least Salvia is still legal in KS, though.

What they didn't mention in the article is that he was breeding them to sell to school-children behind the jungle gym. It's the oldest scheme and in the book. Evil drug scum!

Tagged

I hope they remember to feed it while it's "in custody" but I'm not optimistic about it. Oh and if this is the KCMO police department they're as corrupt as any PD in the nation.

As it is, froglicking, in all its glory, can only be seem as a kind of artform. When the camera is on, that is. In the dark cold depths of the closets of the terminally insane, to lick is to breathe and poor kermit is null but a rock of crack to those whom dither into the seething shadoworld of the slimy slurpings. Few now know the practice was actually started by Jesus, who proclaimed, "whomsoever doth licketh my toadeth, shall know truth in mine futureth zombie hell be of my followings."

So, whether you're invited to like your friends frog, or debased to the measue of paying as much as three dollars for the pleasure of a single lick on the streets of Cleveland, all while listening to your drunk uncle whining endlessly of how it used to be in his day any common man could spend a whole hour with not only Bud, himself, but his kindreds, Wei and Ser as well for less than five cents on any given froggy evening, always remember, when you lick nigh nectareous ambrosial amphibian, you're not just liking that frog, but every frog that frog has ever licked.

In the end, though, we all come to that cold hard and dreadful conclusion as dry and rude as the impetuos inspiry of yes, Valerian, there is no Swedish Tomte, and how there will always be a fist in the rear of even the highest of fame.

kermithandupbuttxraygd4.jpg

Where the hell is PETA when you need them?!

The venom needs to be smoked, 5-meo-dmt and bufotenin are not really active orally, only paternally.

The title of this piece just cracks me up...

As for the article, I'm with phrozen, in hoping that no one's tax dollars were wasted on this farce... what a ridiculous waste of money and police work. There are real criminals out there, committing real crimes, popos! Get to it! Losers. :|

yea i wouldn't lick the toad i'd milk the glands onto a sheet of glass and let it dry like you're supposed to
then smoke some
and trip balls

I've been thinking about getting one of theese toads, not necessarily to trip off it though. I like the idea of having a pet with a psychedelic flowing through his body.

"A US man and his pet toad have been arrested"

How do you handcuff a frog and did they have to use an interpreter to interrogate the frog?

phrozen said:
How the hell did they know that he was going to lick the toad?
and to think I had wanted one of these guys a while back :\

Well, that's cool, now someone's arrested for a bufo (alvaris? alvarus?) toad w/o any mention of him being caught harvesting it's venom or actually being caught with harvested venom, or in the process of licking the glands.

So, I've gotta ask, how is this that much different than, say, owning some plants that are legal but have drugs in them? How is this much different than having one of the 1,000 plants that contain DMT being in your yard? This seems like something that's just not supposed to happen, he could (as I had) just have had a fascination knowing the frog was able to make him trip, he may not have even used it or intended to. Just because he knows it *can* do it shouldn't bar him from owning a legal toad, he should have to be caught actually extracting or using it. Fuck this.