Votes: 1 14.3%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Zagenth

Bluelighter
This looks like it would actually be funny. Any thoughts on it?

I have no plans whatsoever to see this potential crap-fest. Chris Tucker's,"I can't understand the words that are coming out of your mouth!" are,I guess,supposed to be his catchphrase. Like Danny Glover's,"I'm gettin to old for this shit!" in Lethal Weapon. The only difference is,that Lethal Weapon is a fun film which doesn't rely on the same tired humor that Rush Hour seems to thrive on. And it doesn't help that you really can't understand the words that are coming out of Jackie Chan's mouth. I liked the first one,hated the first and this one only looks to be worse. Chris Tucker needs to do another Friday movie and Jackie Chan needs to try a more serious film. That's just my one cent. Someone loan me a penny.

how many times is it funny to mix black and asian people I get it there polar opposites geesh

I started watching Jackie Chan movies since when I was 7 (more than 25 years ago) and by the age of 20, I got sick of him. Same old shit all the time.

I'll probably get the pirated DVD on this one.

I watch the "Rush Hour" movies for Jackie Chan's stunts only, while Chris Tucker has rubbed me the wrong way in every role I've seen him in. Christ, he's like the Gilbert Godfrey of black actors... :)P

I always refer to Chris Tucker as Smokey. As that seems to be the only cool thing I've seen him in. Friday was really awesome though.

^^i concur completely. for some reason i think he is really funny especially in that movie. i thought mike epps was funny as well, but not outside of the friday movies. chris tucker, however, i can watch him in other movies/whatever, and plan on seeing this movie, but not in the theatres.

Three stars.

This movie is only mediocre--though I loved the humor, the story is a retread, the villian is little more than a cameo, and Chan has much fewer stunts.

Wait for the dollar cinema for this one.

Greatest Movie of All-Time.

Saw it. Worth the $8 admission and SO MUCH MORE.

It's got it all:

Great character development

Original storyline

And one helluva swerve of an ending

oh wait...Rush Hour 3...Ohhhhh.

1.3 stars for length. Cuz I only had to take one smoke break during it.

the most interesting part of the previews seems to be the french hookers.

I don't think i can stomach a 3rd one of these movies.

HisNameIsFrank said:
The only difference is,that Lethal Weapon is a fun film which doesn't rely on the same tired humor that Rush Hour seems to thrive on.

Lethal Weapon = great 80's action flick.

Lethal Weapon 2 through 4 = same tired humor.

ego_loss said:
Lethal Weapon = great 80's action flick.

Lethal Weapon 2 through 4 = same tired humor.
I meant the first one. Pretty much every buddy cop movie that has followed(including the LW sequels)has followed the same tired ass formula.

i enjoyed the first one, i am pretty easy to amuse with movies, and we are big jackie chan films.

these are no drunken master, but ok when bored....i wouldn't pay for this one though. will wait for cable or netflix.

DigitalDuality said:
the most interesting part of the previews seems to be the french hookers.

I don't think i can stomach a 3rd one of these movies.

I actually saw this one last night. IMO, it is the best of the three. I was skeptical about it when I first saw the previews for this, I thought, "Are you kidding me? They made a THIRD one??", but I was pleasantly surprised.

Apparently this show only works in the west.

'Rush Hour 3' struggles in Hong Kong
By MIN LEE

HONG KONG (AP) - Jackie Chan's new action comedy "Rush Hour 3" may have performed well at the U.S. box office but it apparently hasn't clicked with his fellow Hong Kongers.

The movie has made only HK$4 million (US$512,000) in the five days since it opened in Hong Kong on Thursday, distributor Celestial Pictures said Tuesday.

By comparison, Chan's action comedy "Rob-B-Hood" made HK$6.3 million in Hong Kong in its first three days last year, as did his 2005 action epic "The Myth."

"Rush Hour 3" meanwhile topped the U.S. box office in its opening weekend, making $49.1 million in the U.S. and Canada. In the two weeks since it opened, the movie has notched up nearly US$88 million.

The "Rush Hour" series, comedies that revolve around the racial and social differences between a pair of police officers - one Chinese (Chan) and the other black (Chris Tucker) - has been critical in establishing Chan's reputation in Hollywood.

The first instalment, "Rush Hour," released in 1998, was the first Chan movie to break the $100 million mark at the U.S. box office, earning more than $141 million, according to figures compiled by the box office tracking website Box Office Mojo.

Chan won't be able to test "Rush Hour 3" on the larger Chinese audience because the leading distributor in mainland China has decided not to import it. An executive at the state-run China Film Group said the company didn't think the film had a market in China.

Hollywood trade publication Variety, however, reported that Chinese officials were concerned about scenes that involve Chan and Tucker's characters battling Chinese gangsters.

http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/2007/08/21/4435028-ap.html

Decided to download this turd-fest.

It raised two laughs: one with the "who, you" scene (although the same joke has been done better before), and two with the blooper/out-take reel (which, as with the others in the series, was invariably funnier than the film itself).

That said, I thought the first Rush Hour was quite enjoyable and made fresh, light entertainment. RH3 is trying to recreate that spark between the two actors... but it fails pretty badly. The horrible and determinedly ham-fisted attempts at satirising American-Franco relationships are a spectacle to behold. It was excruciating listening to the pastiche Frenchman obsessively criticising the pair about Americans killing people... yet secretly wanting to become one???

How bizarre. And not very funny.