• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Group responsible for 90 percent of acid sold in West is busted [updated]

fruitfly

Bluelight Crew
The arrest of two leaders from a major drug trafficking ring is expected to limit the availability of acid, ecstasy, mushrooms and marijuana in Bonner County.

Sandpoint police went undercover and gained trust of the leaders of what's known as the Llama Tribe. The group is believed to have supplied up to 90 percent of the acid in the western United States.

"I would venture to say the youth in this area and adults will not be able to find a readily available source for some time," Sandpoint Police Det. Kit Sanger said Monday. "It's a very complex drug manufacturing operation. It's not a meth lab where you can get a recipe from the Internet. This will definitely hurt."

Sandpoint Police got involved with the investigation one year ago after a young adult busted here for acid indicated it was purchased from what's known as the Llama Tribe in Spokane, Sanger said.

The city's narcotics detectives worked with a federal agency to infiltrate the organization in an undercover capacity and obtained evidence that led to the arrests, according to a news release.

Palmer Hanson, 26, and Allen Lint, 26, both of Yakima, Wash., were arrested Thursday in Spokane by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, according to a news release.

The Llama Tribe allegedly sold drugs at barter fairs throughout the Northwest, police said. Dozens of local drug users ranging from 16 to 24 years old have reported to Sandpoint narcotics detectives that they obtained acid, ecstasy, mushrooms and marijuana from local barter fairs and brought the drugs to Sandpoint for re-sale or personal use.

"A barter fair, from my perspective, is purely a gathering place where people buy and sell," Sanger said. "The person who sponsors the fair puts out information to like-minded individuals, asking for vendors to come in to sell jewelry, clothing and food. It's (also) a free market for drugs."

Money isn't always exchanged for drugs, and drugs are openly sold and consumed, he said.

Normally held on private property, these barter fairs are difficult to bust, Sanger said.

"It's difficult to infiltrate on private property," he said. "There are several people involved and you need to get a search warrant for that property. We have to identify who we are going after."

Traditionally, the property owner isn't dealing drugs, but aware of the activity, he said.

"It's a counterculture with a lot of drumming and dancing," Sanger said. "They're usually in the country and will be referred to as family reunions."

For Sandpoint Det. Sgt. George Gow, who is retiring as one of the most experienced drug investigators in Idaho, dismantling the organization that's been Sandpoint's drug supplier is a satisfying end to his career.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Police shut down major drug ring
By GWEN ALBERS, Bonner County Daily Bee
July 31, 2007

Link

sad to see this happen.:(

hope it doesnt ruin the flow on the east.

good luck to all those arrested.

yeah well thank God for capitalism. SUPPLY AND DEMAND TO THE RESCUE!

I love this: "I would venture to say the youth in this area and adults will not be able to find a readily available source for some time."
He admits it's ultimately pointless... great.

Sturgeon's Law

So the drug's will come from elsewhere.
Even botherin' to publish busts
gives a light bulb above the head
of any dealer/producer in neighbourin' areas.

FFS.

Drought shmout.

8)

PEACE
UnS
:)

Last edited:
MOST DPRESSING NEWS ----------- EVER!!!!!!!! Why don't these fuckwits go after the crack/coke/heroin/meth dealers and leave us peaceful minded individuals to our business. my god. what wil we do? if you know how to make lsd its your duty to get shit up and running ASAP. cause there's gonna be an awful lot of sad,sad hippies around now

bongzilla420 said:
MOST DPRESSING NEWS ----------- EVER!!!!!!!! Why don't these fuckwits go after the crack/coke/heroin/meth dealers and leave us peaceful minded individuals to our business. my god. what wil we do? if you know how to make lsd its your duty to get shit up and running ASAP. cause there's gonna be an awful lot of sad,sad hippies around now

How about leaving all drug users/producers alone and going after murderers, rapists, and other violent criminals?

It's unlikely that two 26 year olds are supplying 90% of the west coast. This doesn't sound like the kansas incident.

kong said:
It's unlikely that two 26 year olds are supplying 90% of the west coast. This doesn't sound like the kansas incident.

lol exactly!

Where's the lab?

Is real LSD even easily available anymore like it was in the mid/late 90s?

I don't trip at all anymore and I've heard that what's sold as "acid" these days either is real LSD but very weak/poorly made, a research chemical, or it's fake gel/blotter.

nooooo!
well that explains the dryness around here..a little bit but i doubt those cats sold 90% of the acid on the west coast

It didn't say they manufactured any LSD. It said they supplied it which is all they seem to have been arrested for doing, but their estimate of 90 percent of the acid supply on the West Coast is probably a completely baseless claim.

PriestTheyCalledHim said:
Where's the lab?
They didn't find one.

Is real LSD even easily available anymore like it was in the mid/late 90s?
More easily. It's a whole new world out there.

I don't trip at all anymore and I've heard that what's sold as "acid" these days either is real LSD but very weak/poorly made, a research chemical, or it's fake gel/blotter.
Real healthy-dose LSD exists along with the things you've mentioned above. It never went away and it never will.

This article looks like it was written by a small-time journalist for a small-time paper (The Bonner County Daily Bee?!?) in a small-time town about a small-time bust by some small-time cops.

Perhaps a better title would be:

Barter Fair Acid Gang Busted by Keystone Cops

Sucks for these guys. But as said above, they didn't bust the lab. There are a million people drumming around ready to take their place as distributors.

i hate the drug war :(

as long as they didn't find the lab, all that needs to happen is that another distribution network be set up.

fruitfly said:
..."I would venture to say the youth in this area and adults will not be able to find a readily available source for some time," Sandpoint Police Det. Kit Sanger said Monday. "It's a very complex drug manufacturing operation. It's not a meth lab where you can get a recipe from the Internet. This will definitely hurt"...
Y'all are crazy. Taking the word of a hick-town cop talking through his ass because most days he feels about two foot tall. Barney Fife makes more acid busts than this idiot.

Sandpoint, Idaho
Population 6,000

Hoard that blotter before it's all gone.

The city's narcotics detectives worked with a federal agency to infiltrate the organization in an undercover capacity and obtained evidence that led to the arrests ...........................

Dozens of local drug users ranging from 16 to 24 years old have reported to Sandpoint narcotics detectives that they obtained acid, ecstasy, mushrooms and marijuana from local barter fairs and brought the drugs to Sandpoint for re-sale or personal use.

This is a big heads up to the good guys who keep us going to be more careful. I'm not in favour of stipulating age limits on taking psychs, but you can see how easily the police obtain info from young people. Or maybe I'm being unfair - I read about plea bargains across in US, so maybe that's why folks spill the beans. That plus the horrendous sentences the US courts seems to dish out for psych drug offences. Geez, glad I don't live there, way toooooo dangerous for an old head like me :( .

E