View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Jailed for having a speck of cannabis

pr0ficient

Bluelighter
Metro.co.uk
Tuesday July 31, 2007

Two Britons have been jailed for four years in a Dubai jail for possessing tiny amounts of cannabis.

The harsh sentences were passed in the Gulf state which takes a zero tolerance approach to all drugs.

One, identified only as PP, 22, was arrested on June 7 at Dubai airport with just 0.11 grams of cannabis - barely enough to roll a single joint.

The other, 27 and known as HV, was stopped by police at the same airport on June 22 with 1.18 grams of the drug, after arriving from a flight from Afghanistan.

'They are receiving consular assistance,' a spokeswoman for the Foreign Office said.

Four years is a standard sentence for possession and drugs traffickers can face the death sentence.

And the jail terms follow aa four year sentence given to a 25-year-old Briton for holding 0.7 grams of marijuana which was found in his trouser pocket.

The penal code in the state is based on Islamic Sharia and British civil law.

Link

.1 grams!!! That could easily be on my floor or on the bottom of my shoe right now without me knowing it!

I'll think twice before ever heading to Dubai!

Its sad that there are some people that get caught with kilos of blow in their private jet, and don't get in any trouble, which is contrasted by cops in Toronto confiscating peoples ounces, but letting them keep their "real nice bong man".

The world is fucked, an no one deserves to rot in a shithole for years for having a few grams of anything.

pr0ficient said:
.1 grams!!! That could easily be on my floor or on the bottom of my shoe right now without me knowing it!
two days ago i found a half g in the carpet, and promptly smoked it.

Metro.co.uk said:
...The penal code in the state is based on Islamic Sharia and British civil law.
Yeah. The worst of both worlds. Secondary, of course, to the Amerikan insanity.

ahh i can at least find like a gram in random points of weed in my carpet in my bedroom

tobala said:
Yeah. The worst of both worlds. Secondary, of course, to the Amerikan insanity.

I'd like to think we wouldn't jail someone for four years due to possession of .1 grams of bud. :\

^ I'd like to think that in the US cases involving .1 would be thrown out in court. I mean, how do they even contain .1 for evidence, it's a fucking speck from a plant.

I've been jailed for 4 days, fined $2000+ attorneys fee's + 80 hours of community service for having a few stems & seeds on the floor of my car. Yep... you guessed it, I live in the US.

quote from Eric Schlosser's Reefer Madness:

On June 11, 1992, Larry Jackson, a small-time crook with a lengthy record of non-violent offenses, was arrested at a friend's Tulsa apartment. On the floor near Jacksons's right foot a police officer noticed a miniscule amount of marijuana - .16 of a gram. Jackson was charged with felony possession of marijuana, convicted, and given a life sentence.

God Bless the USA.

hah my lil bro got charged for possesing 0.2g of pot when we got raided in australia