• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The Other Drugs website - and a CONTEST!

PhreeX

Bluelight Crew
I can crank out the HTML but I can't do graphics to save my life - we also don't have a 'logo' - so I am asking everyone who would like to participate to make their BEST 'Other Drugs' logo - it should simply say 'Other Drugs' - but should look cool.. it's best if the image is done with a black background ..
I am also looking for someone to do simple text-graphics for the website - shit like "NEWS", "IRC", etc... the prize? um, it will be announced later!
Just make the pic and upload it to some server - if you don't have access to webspace then go to www.geocities.com and set up a freepage, then upload to there..
Post the URL's to this thread, and everyone will vote for their favorite ..
I am always looking for help with the website - at this point, I need ideas for various sections and content..
I am thinking otherdrugs.org for a domain name, and once up, I think we will expand and host a number of "child" forums off the hosting server, which will probably be one of my boxes at home, so we will have plenty of space to play with..
Post ideas rather then e-mailing them, as so we can all comment!
Thanks!
As always, connect your IRC program (ie mIRC) to paradise.bluelight.ru and join #otherdrugs for real-time conversation ..
------------------
"I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is: 'What are they in a position to do about it?'"

Really cool idea...I'll be sure to think on that one. To be honest, it is very rare that I even check out the New to XTC forum anymore...it doesn't have much to offer. I think that the trick to your idea is still accomodating the medical, legal, and various other perspectives associated with "other drugs".

An otherdrugs web site is a great idea. How about Fuck_PLUR_Get_High.org as a name and a candy raver set alight on fire by their glow stick as a logo.
Contents ideas:
Plants , Chemicals , Pharmaceuticals.
Otherdrugs FAQ: Dosage, effects, history, prices, laws, trip reports, health issues (LD50's, addiction, harm reduction). Images & structures.
Latest drug news: Schelding, drug related deaths, media news,
Suppliers page.
Message boards & chat rooms.
Thats all i can think of at the moment

you can't have underscores in domain names
wink.gif

When do you want graphics by? I'm off for four days so I can't post anything till Tuesday - can it wait till then?
Top idea btw.
------------------
Everybody asks yer name
they say you're all the same
so now it's nice one, Geezer
and that's as far as the conversation went

od.jpg

I hope you like, I am doing more...
by the way I've had to edit this message a million times to try get the image in right thats why all the edits at bottom hehe...
Doesn't wan't to work maybe someone could help me out...
------------------
"No point in mentioning the bats, the poor bastard will see them soon enough"
[This message has been edited by XeroDM (edited 12 April 2001).]

Im wondering do you want this logo to say bluelight or anything like that. And you want it in a jpg or bitmap? I should have like 5 different ones by tommorow. Finally my job skills are paying off.

There is no deadline - take yer time..
.jpg or even .gif is the prefered format, definitly not .bmp ..
No deadline as I am a bigger slacker then any of you guys!
------------------
"I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is: 'What are they in a position to do about it?'"

I was never any good at arty farty stuff and have no concept of which colors go together..so feel free to have a chuckle
smile.gif

Here tis

okay, i have no idea how to do the teknikal stuff or come up with an image, so i shall descibe my brainchild...it's sure to be a winner.
imagine a guy (he looks either like "jerry" or "gutter" from "PCU") with a HUGE bong (think "dead man on campus). he HAS to have dreads! and he's gonna say, "fuck plur...take a bong hit!". above him, the otherdrugs logo shall float!
so, you guys can stop trying now. mine's already gonna win, with phreex being the pothead that he is.
=D

So many dedicated people out there! wh00p!
Definitly spoons and rigs, we can never have enough rigs! And lines! And pipes! So many things we can work into it..
The GENERAL idea is this -
Other Drugs (this forum) will stay the way it is, but we will have a number of sub-forums on the new site.. we may open an IRC server, but we will NEVER have "chat rooms" or anything like that, as it's to easy for someone to click on a link and be "chatting" .. but if you only give them a server IP and channel name, then they have to at least be awake..
We will have pics, FAQ's, and shit like that..
Great work! Lets keep the images comming! and of course if anyone feels like coding some massive flash intro, well, few girlies can avoid getting wet at the site of an .swf file!
There will be some other things, such as the "Stupid kandy kid" pages - pics of morons with beads basically - SEND IN THOSE "AIRPLANE" and "NORDICTRACK" PICS!
We will find a way to work some pr0n into the mix of course..
Feel free to post comments and opinions about others images as well..
------------------

Not only am I a slacker, but I have no art skills either!
Along with rigs, spoons, and lines, there needs to be a tombstone in the background.
It should read:
Dr. Keith Duckbutt.
And as far as the pr0n...I've got poopiexxx.jpg and poopiedogfuck.jpg on one of my boxes, we can just use those!

^^^^those are some funkadelic designs, gotta love the shrooms incorporated into them!
Evan

One of my friends is pretty good with Photoshop and Flash. I'll talk to him and see if hes interested.
------------------
"Everything is nothing, and emptiness is in everything"