Votes: 3 33.3%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

mariacallas

Bluelight Crew
Film:Creepshow

creepshowor4.jpg

Creepshow (1982) was a horror fan's dream come true. Two of the masters in their respective fields joining forces to collaborate on a movie. Several tales filmed in an anthology style based upon the E.C. Comics that the two enjoyed reading in their youths. With Stephen King writing and George A. Romero directing plus Tom Savini creating the gory special effects how can you go wrong? You just can't and the aforementioned duo delivers the goods.

The story begins as a young kid is being punished by his overbearing and brutish father for reading "trashy filth" and is punished. During the night the tossed out comic book comes to life and plays out all the stories (in comic book form) with the "Creepshow Ghoul' leading the way. Black comedy has never been funnier.

All the stories are excellent and well directed. The set pieces are very well designed and are brilliantly executed. You have to love the lighting schemes. The cast is a mixture of new actors and classic ones. George A. Romero stated that he finally got to work with Fritz Weaver and Hal Holbrook and E.G. Marshall. Leslie Nielsen, Adrienne Barbeau, Ted Danson and Ed Harris co-star as well. A couple of Romero regulars such as his wife Christine, Tom Savini and who can forget Stephen King as Jordy Verill.

I loooooooved Creepshow as a kid....it was so fantastically entertaining and funny (and only a little bit scary ). I got the chance to watch it on DVD again recently and had such a good time I was like a giddy 11 year old all over again. Do you love it too?

PS. The sequel absolutely SUCKED and is not worth mentioning here. ;)

Just tell it to call you Billie!

I've never actually seen this one. But I have just noticed it's on that tv link website, so I'll give it a watch and let you know ;)

Just gonna watch the first 10 mins before I scuttle off to bed. LOL @ "that's why God made Fathers, babe" =D

hahaha, i remember that movie, it was pretty good. those old horror movies are the best.

i cant remember if it was this movie or another one, where this lady bashes some old guys head in because he keeps yelling, wheres my cake! wheres my cake!

tribal girl said:
I've never actually seen this one. But I have just noticed it's on that tv link website, so I'll give it a watch and let you know ;)

Just gonna watch the first 10 mins before I scuttle off to bed. LOL @ "that's why God made Fathers, babe" =D

omg do it!!! you will LOVE IT! :D:D:D i dedicate "The Crate" to you!

medicine cabinet said:
hahaha, i remember that movie, it was pretty good. those old horror movies are the best.

i cant remember if it was this movie or another one, where this lady bashes some old guys head in because he keeps yelling, wheres my cake! wheres my cake!

Yah, that was the very first story titled Fathers Day=D
From wikipedia:
(First story, written by King expressly for the film): Years ago, Nathan Grantham was killed on Father's Day when his daughter Bedelia bashed him in the head with a marble ashtray as he screamed for his cake. Years later, as his relatives get together for their annual dinner on Father's Day, Nathan comes back from the dead and returns the favor in a quest for his beloved cake.

Mr. Pratt! On no Mr. Pratt - I wazn't talkin' you no way! I was juss thinkin' what exterminator would be open this hour..."

Fking cracked me up man. S. King was the master. Comedy and horror, but not cheap b-grade (cluty Bruce Campbell) comedy. Truly funny.

Oh yeh, and Leslie Neilsen in a totally serious role!!! Awesome. Wish I had it in 1080iX1920

i used to watch this movie all the time.

a bunch of clips, it was pretty good actually.

i have it on VHS.

I love this movie! it is every horror fans dream to see Stephen King's writing creds joined at the hip with George A. Romero's directing creds. and the gore genius Tom Savini doing special effects. I loved this film because they had a bunch of short horror stories in one movie. my favorite one was the one at the beach house where that one rich guy would like bury people in their neck in sand and video tape it. the other zombie one was good, too. the short story with the bugs was by far the most funny! Romero did a really good job of keeping everything entertaining, hilarious, and scary, something directors in the horror genre today fail at with epic proportions.

I haven't seen this movie since I was a little kid. I must go out and rent it!

Well, I started to watch it. Got about 40 mins into it, then my electricity ran out! :X. I wasn't best pleased about it either as from what I saw, it seemed pretty cool. Kinda reminded me a bit of Crimewave. And that young womans dancing (in the Father's day story) is almost funny enough to rival that of Molly Ringwald in The Breakfast Club. But not quite though. I never could work out how to do that *kick kick* thing. I've tried it on many drunken occasions and failed miserably :| :

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pWtK5EFtzqg

77.gif

Anyway, looks like there'll be a special edition of this released in October in the UK. I think I'll wait until I can watch it on a normal sized TV %)

Axl Blaze said:
Myy favorite one was the one at the beach house where that one rich guy would like bury people in their neck in sand and video tape it. the other zombie one was good, too.

Hehe thats actually from the same short, starring Leslie Nielsen as the asshole who drowns peope while videotaping them! :D This was probably the first and last time I ever saw him in a serious role ;)
creepshoweh8.gif

jdcreepshowzq7.jpg

Tribalgirl...LOL that girl dancing is super funny too. Arrrgh damn electricity. I've been hunting down a copy of Suspiria to watch reallllll soon so you BETTER get the Creepshow ;) The first clip is actually the most sedate....after that its a smashing rollercoaster ride :)
creepshow8vf6.jpg

Last edited:
that clip gives me chills!

hey, that thing over on youtube is pretty fucking kewl. the 100 most scary moments in horror movie history. I've watched about half of them now. and skimming through the list, I think I can count on one hand the movies I haven't seen. I need a life.

i thought it was great...when i was 12. now it's just dated and annoying.

the sequel is even worse.

you don't even find a bit of nostalgic humor/entertainment when viewing it again michael?

I find that a little hard to believe, but I can at least understand where you are going. maybe my unconditional love for G. A. R. has me blindsided these days, there just aren't any modern directors like him...

i find a small amount of nostalgia, but most of the humor just bothers me anymore. there's only so many times a human can stand to hear stephen king say 'jordy verril you lunkhead!' before it starts to grate on the ol' nerves.