• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Hangover prevention

Traductus

Bluelighter
Could any experienced alcohol user share some common ways to prevent or lessen a hangover after a night of drinking? I know there was a thread on it before, but with the lack of search engine, I cannot find it. Any tips will help.

this is just coming off my memmory, or lack there of, I heard this little remidy..
Take a glass of water and an asprin and set it beside your 'knock out station' aka bed, now set your alarm for 1 hr before you want to be up. When your alarm goes off, take the asprin and go back to sleep, wake up in an hour and feel good.
I dont drink so I wouldnt be able to give you 'first hand' help.

if you have stuff to do the next day, then drink 2 glasses of water before you pass out and leave 2 ibuprofen on the nightstand. as soon as you open your eyes, take them. then have a small yet greasy breakfast...maybe a burger. new england clam chowder worked once for me too, for some reason.
if you don't have stuff to do the next day, drink the same 2 glasses of water before bed and mix a double strength bloody mary and leave it in the fridge. wake, take 1 ibuprofen. chase with bloody mary. feel the haze. enjoy the day and liberal amounts of martinis

i do this every time i drink heavily.
take 4 aspirin and as much water as i can drink just before bed...i usually sleep so hard, i don't wake up feeling as though i need to go to the bathroom..
works every time.

A hangover is essentially dehydration, so drinking plenty of water before bed is the best thing to do - assuming you are not so pissed that you forget.
Can you get Beechams Resolve in the US? That stuff works a treat...

Water and Ibuprofen before bed, then again as soon as you wake up -- go back to sleep after this dose and when you wake up for the day, you should be much better!!

I don't recomend the aspirin before bed. I don't know the technical explanation, but it has something to do with being dehydrated and aspirin thinning the blood. Drink a glass of water before bed is the second best cure. The best cure, of course, is not to get so shit-faced the night before.
smile.gif

best way to clear a hangover.. is def a bong rip..lol but other than that..i always go with the gatorade.. peace ~ Joh
------------------
"The weekend has landed. All that exists now is dubs, drugs, pubs and parties. " - Jip

Uhm water is good. But you always loose alot of salt when drinking, the best way to prevent a bad hangover is to drink much before you go to bed and some (dont know how many) glasses with salt+water in them. Uhm, I almost never have a huge/bad hangover so I dont really know, check erowid, it always work
smile.gif
+ drink shitloads of water before you go to bed.

If you are not too tired, stay up drinking water till you can barely feel the alcohol anymore, then go to bed.
You may also want to consider giving up alcohol for anything but a quiet relaxing drink.
[This message has been edited by Plague Bearer (edited 18 March 2001).]

A little alcohol will take care of it.. seriously, when you wake up feeling like shit, a half-shot of your favorite 80~ proof drink take care of it .. technically a "hangover" is a combo of not only dehydration, but also physicall withdrawal from the alcohol itself ..
If you have the resources, narcotics work wonders - even the worst hangover can be obliviated by a few Vicodin..
Of course if you want to *prevent* the hangover, don't drink so much the night before, but rather make up for the lack of alcohol with benzodiazepines ..
------------------
"can you do anything without insulting someone? your a bastard cry baby bitch.."
(posted by dust1n)

i read something recently about the 'hair of the dog' thing (taking a drink to calm a hangover).
specifically, it only does any real good in the following circumstances: you're coming off your drinks, and you are becoming dehydrated as your body removes the alcohol from your blood. your body senses this and reacts with a response similar to if you had been wounded and were losing blood (and hence water) and releases adrenalin. so in short, if you had been drinking a fair bit and your pulse is racing and you'd like to sleep, have a drink.

hmm.. i dunno but that would make sense to me
but i don't drink either so that's not my problem
wink.gif

someone rote something about the gatorade..
do not drink gatorade after you drink alcohol..unless you gonna sleep rite after drinking it.
cos...gotorade gets absorbed into your body so well..the alcohol and the gatorade mixes in yah body and goes around the bloodstream making you even fucked...
i suggest drinking water...
dehydration is what causes hangover...drink a lot of water.!!

I cant belive no one has mentioned good olde vitamins particularily vitamin B.
Vit b has been scientifically proven to help reduce the effects of a hangover. It wont cure it but it helps drastically IMO.
Take one or two with two glasses of water before bedtime. A multivitamin helps as well.
When you drink you loose vitamins and minerals which is why you feel lethargic in the morning sometimes. Taking vitamins helps to replenish the lost nutrients.
------------------
We don't gnaw on our kitty We stroke our kitty I wanna pet the kitty :)
The Philly of da Hook Crew is in Effect!

Doesn't taking OTC pain relievers compound the strain on your liver caused by alcohol?
There are only two absolute cures for a hangover: more alcohol or time. If you want to prevent hangover nausea, smoke a joint or a bowl.
Also, before you go to sleep you can force yourself to throw up and then chug some water. you'll feel better.
------------------
N Train}}}}