Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Movie: Shrooms!!!

i note that, according to imdb, it has no us release dayte. still it looks like a fun romp.

i hope they spent almost their entire budget on special effects designed to capture the trippy look of a 'shroom trip. :)

alasdair

Trying to capture not only the visuals by the mental aspect of a shroom trip is a very tall order for a film. I'm not saying it can't be done, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Many have tried and failed to bring the true nature of psychedelics to the big screen. Needless to say, if a film maker manages to sucessfully bring a realistic interpretation of a trip to film, it would be an astounding accomplishment that would make for a powerful film. Coming up short seems to make a silly sensationalized version of a trip that is entertaining to those that have never been there themselves.

It looks like Eli Roth and George Bush came together to make a satan spawn of a movie. This can be nothing but bad for shrooms in the public mind.

Looks fun.. lol

i like the Aphex Twin in there too, made it 10x better

i bet at the end of the movie they will be back to normal and nothing ever happend it was all just a ''trip'' thats what i think will happen.

iv just been watching it, at 58 mins... its proper fucked up... im not even on anything and its already freaking me out, fuck watching that tripping.

Just finished watching it, and I'm pretty disappointed. It's not really scary, there were a few shock effects but failed miserably at portraying the more psychologically disturbing elements of a bad trip - 1408 does a much better job at this. The attempt to show some of the visual effects of shrooms are pretty lame done by people obviously haven't tripped themselves. All in all it's an unoriginal teen scare movie with a very predictable plot twist.