• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Murphy brown was a great show

bowdenta

Bluelighter
running from 1988-1998 this was one of the best shows on tv and being 5-15 yrs old at the time I definitely didn't get all the political references but it was still hilarious
now Im really into american history of the 20th century and it makes the show that much better

candice bergen is a phenomenal actress - just ask the voting members of the emmys

im watching it at 4am at nick and night and having a nostalgic moment

anyone else ever heard of this show;)

It was okay. I was too busy enjoying the Golden Girls to really pay much attention to this show ;-)

Whoa, I remember that show! Don't remember much of the premise since I was young(er) and it has obviously been awhile, but I do recall enjoying the show, and, above anything, I remember it coming on after the 10 o'clock news in the Bay Area throughout the '90's, nightly (KTVU Channel 2 - FOX). Additionally, I love Nick@Nite - always a friend during the nights of solo wander; an omnipresence of the dark skied mellow sessions. Cheers Nick@Nite - cheers.

murphy.gif

Candice Bergen - "Bowdenta, I love you"

nick_at_night_logo.gif

Hoss - "Cheers, you silly chum, you"

thats just cuz seth green is a comic stoner who doesn't know anything about world events - he probably watched 16 hours of cartoons and sitcoms a day

the show was exceptionally well written and the talent of candice bergen is undeniable

Remember when Kramer moved from New York to Los Angeles because Jerry made him give back his spare key and then he got a job playing Murphy Brown's secretary? That shit was awesome.

Yeah, the best part of Murphy Brown was when the Seinfeld people did a cameo.

Otherwise, you need to educate yourself in sitcoms, bowdenta.

Really, nothing breakthrough or original there.

I agree. I spent many nights in my early teen years watching murphy brown

I never could work out why it was taking that fucker so long to paint her house though

I remember there was a big controversy because she was single and she had a kid or some shit. LOL, things were so innocent back then....

I always thought that one blonde chick she worked with was hot. I dont remember her name or anything. She ended up getting with the bald dude and i was like what the fuck. She was so far outta his league. He couldnt hit it like I could.

Corky Sherwood or some bullshit like that

I think she even got a spin off

I liked Myles and also the uptight anchor man, I think his name was Jim

and wasn't the news program they where on call FYI??

Ha... hillarious

yeah, it was a pretty great show. the guy who played the painter od'd recently...after killing his girlfriend if i recall.

i liked the episode where jim went to the park to score some weed for murphy when she was suffering from chemo.

DarthMom said:
yeah, it was a pretty great show. the guy who played the painter od'd recently...after killing his girlfriend if i recall.

i liked the episode where jim went to the park to score some weed for murphy when she was suffering from chemo.

Funny. I was young but I remember enjoying Murphy Brown and this episode really stood out for me! Spoooooky that you would bring up the one episode that I actually remember, hehe.

oh no, myles is dead! horrible. i counldnt stand how he loved murphy, though.
but overalll i remember actually liking the show a good deal. i liked the dry side of it as opposed to the family values happy dappy other shows.

wanderlust said:
oh no, myles is dead! horrible. i counldnt stand how he loved murphy, though.
but overalll i remember actually liking the show a good deal. i liked the dry side of it as opposed to the family values happy dappy other shows.

Myles is dead... WTF?? when did this happen

I watched this for the first half of it's run. I remember enjoying it.

man, i meant eldin but was thinking myles so i typed it.
http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2004-03-09-pastorelli-dies_x.htm
Grant Shaud made it onto touched by an angel in 2003.... not much more ot be said about him.

DarthMom said: