• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Oxycontin OD Question?

pimpsta

Bluelighter
just in curiosity, how much OC would it take snorted to OD on oxycontin....just based on the recent boom of the said drug, i feel this would be pertinent info....also, assume in your answer a non-opiod tolerant person....tnx....just looking out for some friends

Not much.. because it's a long acting narcotic, one can lapse into respiratory apnea off a moderate dose as it's so long acting - an exact dose? I would say an opioid virgin would enter the danger zone at about 80mg, as little as 40mg ...
------------------
"When I saw the extent of my empire, I wept, for there were no more nations to conquer"

It varies from person to person...Depending on body size and stuff like that...I'm 6'0..190 lbs and i was rocked off 120mg...where as my friend could take 2 to 3 80's at once and be driving perfectly fine...So it differs

I personally wouldn't even recommend someone snorting 20mgs their first time. I know a few people that have gotten pretty sick doing that. I get pretty rocked even with a little tolerance off of 20mg snorted.

DAMN, i would hope u were rocked off of 120 mgs..thats alot of OC amigo..
shit, i must be blessed with a rather low OC OPIATE tolerance..i have been taking OC's for 6-7 months now, and i started off taking 10 mgs every 3 hours, and i currently take 10 mgs every 3 hours..now, i do NOT get the same high i used to get, that real flush of WARMTH and ENDLESS ENERGY that i once got, but i do still receive a nice little high from 10 mgs..
come the weekends though, i will indulge, and take 40 mgs here and there..there is no way i could take 120 mgs and still be AWAKE..40 mgs is plenty for me..

If you need more than 40mgs to get off, you are doing nothing more than wasting the drug.
At a certain point, you just can't compensate for a tolerance and the high is just not the same reguardless. You lose the best effects and instead you've just got a very flat high. It's something like needing 5 pills of MDMA to roll.
Either move on to IV opiates or quit for a while if you're going to develop that large a tolerance.

BryGuy...yeah i was havin some trouble with the nod...if my eye lids touched each other...i had to open them with my hands...i was def rocked...but it was all at my dealers expense...dont think i wasted my $ on all of that.

You have a death wish.
------------------
The world can get pretty fucked up sometimes, so why can't I?

More isn't necessarily wasteful. One of my friends snorts an Oxy every once in a while (months in between use) and it takes him an 80 to get a buzz. 20 is plenty for me; the only potential danger here is the moron who says "I can snort that much too". In that sense, more isn't better, but if your drug of choice is alcohol (like me), then you probably think that applies to everything.

man, i'd fucking hate it if i had to RAIL or DRINK up an 80 mg OC to feel ANYTHING...i would quit using or move onto another class of drugs..

High tolerances suck. Since 10:00pm tonight I started taking my OCs. I've already done them all, a total of five OC20s. Four I chewed, and the last one I snorted. And I'm still not nodding. Which is where I was hoping 100mgs would have got me. Guess its time to take a break.

Ecstacii you obviously didnt take those 20's all at once...try snapping all of them at once...then when your sitting there with your eyes closed see how easy it is to look at the comp...it wont be easy at all....peace!

ecstacii - Please do not eat those all at once, ths isn't a contest.
Take what you feel is safe and necessary to reach your desired level.

No BostinRollin is probably correct. Please don't just but into the thread with some sort of slogan (its not a contest) if you don't know what you are talking about and apparently didn't read the post you are talking about.
ecstacii ISNT getting to his desiered level. While he does seem to have a large tolerance and may wish to consider lower it taking them all at once could boost his effects.
First of all it is my understanding with oxycontin that making sure it is very finely ground to a powder you don't defeat the time release mechanism (or don't defeat as well). This isn't like normal pills you chew just so it has more surface area you need to actually break the micro wax (or something like that) coated granuales. I doubt your chewing was sufficently fine to get the full effect.
Secondly a quick unscientific survey at another board seemed to indicate taking the doses seperately significantly decreased their effect. This may be acute tolerance building, some sort of inhibition of 2D6 in the liver, or other entierly unknown reason (as I think it is pretty much unique to the 2D6 converted drugs I am betting on the 2D6 answer).
Finally it seems like you took it over a long enough time period for it to just start to wear off. It only has a 2-3 hour half life.
Please someone with more experience calrify how much you need to grind it/crush it.

I had surgery done on my nose yesterday.
To scam some Dilaudid today, I had to convince my doctor that the Percocet he had given me was too weak.
So I told him between 6am and 8am I had taken FOUR Percocets aka 20mgs of oxycodone.
My doctor started freaking out about how I could potentially overdose, blah blah blah. Oxycodone is a serious drug. Sure, 20mgs might not seem like much compared to a seasoned user, but someone drinking beer their first time isn't going to try to down a 24-pack on their own.

I dont see where everyone is saying that snorting 20mg of oxycontin is such a dangerous thing. The first time that I ever used oxycontin i snorted approximately 10mg and I felt it but I was not very high. At this time i had very little opiate experience (only a few times) and it had been months since my last experience. Now granted the next time when i snorted 20mg i was floored, but i was in no danger of any kind. As for the natural tolerence factor I am an extremely slender individual (note: extremely, actual weight classified) and my natural tolerence to ever other drug on this planet has been so incredibly low that many drugs I started off taking 1/2 the normal rec. dosage. IMO if you are at least fairly familiar with opiates but have no or next to no tolerence start with 10mg, and on the likely chance that you want to feel more dont hesitiate to take another 10mg. I have found oral dosages to be quite similar.

Alright, to clairify.. first, I must yell at someone and point out their foolishness...
xMemnonx -
d00d, why did you feel the need to bump up an ancient thread to give a user a warning for something he was going to do ages ago? It's one thing to bump a thread if you have a question, comment, or something like that - we encourage that, it enables us to close new threads and say "search damnit"... but instead ou bumped it to "warn" him - d00d, iof he did it and died then he would have been dead for awhile ..
Secondly, to reply -
20mg Oxycodone is NOT THAT MUCH! For a newbie I would say that is a GOOD RECREATIONAL DOSE.. if you're snorting the drug you dont needto worry about a RISK until you climb into a higher dose range... so be carefull but not paranoid! But this is why we do not allow dose questions..
Ok, lets let this die!