• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

GHB & Alcohol

Blue Lava

Bluelighter
Okay, I'm not a big fan of GHB, but on occasion (like this weekend) I have used it. My question is how long after you have used this stuff is it safe to consume alcohol. ie how long does it stay in your system at a level that could negatively interact with alcohol?

if you have stopped feeling the GHB buzz (completely)it should be safe to drink
...wait 3-4 hours just to be sure tho

i have heard numerous times you're not supposed to mix the two, but no one ever says why. so why?

Why?
negative synergistic reaction
they both depress the CNS, taking two types of 'downers' can lead to unconsciousness, respiratory failure, or cardiac failure

thanks. that's the answer i was looking for.
[This message has been edited by RoleyPoley (edited 20 February 2001).]

Are you talking about GHB (or GBL) or 1-4B?? coz GHB is out of your system in about 3-4 hours, but I have no idea how long the 1-4 sticks around for.
As for the alcohol thing, Ive read that adding yeast to GHB makes it more potent... up to 3 times (dont ask me how) This could be linked to alcohol being bad, especially if you are drinking beer etc.
Maxi

speaking of alchol and GHB, my ninny of a brother mixed the two last night and wound up in a coma, on a respirator, then i read bluelight and ths is here so i must be a mom and say if your gonna do one avoid the other like the plague, luckily his friends rushed him to the hospital as soon as he mixed the damn stuff and he will be ok, but not everyone is as lucky as he is.

Hope your bro is ok and that he's learned something from it.....As all of us should.

taking multiple depressants is a very dangerous thing
a lot of rock stars have died on this combo, or have died on their vomit
it is something that should be taught in school, but apparently isn't, or is forgotten.
the responsibility is on you. teach your friends, and teach them to teach their friends............

Mixing GHB and alcohol is a game of russian roulette. I am not a chemist but my best friend is and basically alcohol turns ghb back to its original form (ie salt) whilst in your body. And your body reacts accordingly by shutting itself down.
Just for the record - a have a friend who went out drinking on the friday night (not heavily) and had a small amount of ghb on the saturday whilst out (on its own - he'd had nothing else up until then) and was rushed to hospital after collapsing. His heart stopped three times and he is lucky to be here today.
Does anyone know how long alcohol stays in your body for as there seems to have been a few incidents like this where people have collapsed after taking ghb the night after a drinking session?

Why should it even be an issue? How hard is it to pick one vice and run with it? For instance, if you are going to do GHB, then make it a GHB night and don't drink any alcohol... if you're going to drink, then don't bring any GHB into the picture... I would say it's best to give yourself at LEAST a couple hours between the two, but you're still playing with fire - don't get burnt!
pvc -
The alcohol your friend consumed on Friday had little to do with the overdose, as alcohol isn't in you're system for that long... sounds like he got some fucked up shit, or else his body is wack...
------------------
"I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is: 'What are they in a position to do about it?'" (William S. Burroughs)

I know he hadnt had anything dodgy cos the ghb he had was out of the same bottle everyone else had. As 4 alcohol staying in your system - hes not the only one i know that this has happened to - i know of 2 other people with nearly matching expereinces - all luckily made a full recovery. Could it be that alcohol leaves a residue or something in your body that ghb reacts with?