• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What is the one main thing you are proud of doing in your life so far?

drugfukkdrockstar

Bluelight Crew
Edit: List more than one if you want to!

Mine would have to be growing into such a strong minded and proud person who is very confident and not afraid to be alone if it means i will be happy.

Also - quitting smoking. Though i like to smoke on occasion when i am wasted, but the fact i have shaken the need for them and the cravings i am very proud of indeed as it doesn't come easy to most, but it did to me :)

Last edited:
^Congrats on quitting smoking! I wish I could do that.

Starting school to learn audio engineering. Being strong when my dad died. Realizing I dont know shit. Learning more since i dont know shit. Realizing that I should love my life and not waste a second.

Having the balls to take a job in Cambodia, where I know all of three people, leaving everything I know behind in Melbourne?

Packing a backpack and leaving that godawful city when I knew I'd be stuck there like everyone else if I didn't.

Realising that if I'm not keeping life moving I'm wasting it, and in doing so coming to the realisation my time in Sydney and the adventure within is (for now) drawing to a close and planning to head back o/seas to rediscover it.

Quitting nicotine (in all forms) over a year ago, after almost 25 years of smoking/dipping. There are others, but that's pretty important and was certainly not easy.

I'm positive I'll never start again (having had so many opportunities it's ridiculous) but I still take care not to be overconfident or take stupid chances. That's one reason why I'm sure I'll not go back... another is a healthy concern about cancer & emphysema.

Last edited:
Being able to continue to follow my dreams and chose career path despite a lot of people saying that doing Drama, photography etc in High school wasn't going to get me anywhere and that i was dumb for doing the, and more so - that i would completely stupid to do a creative arts degree.

I now have a dream job (or on the way too anyway...) and can proudly say that i love getting up to go to work :)

Getting my PhD. Ten years at uni, most of 'em spent living at home, was a tough slog. At times during the last four (the actual PhD candidature) I went mental. Times where I nearly chucked it all in. But I worked through it all and standing up there getting my testamur was one of the happiest days of my life. I didnt think I had the inner strength to do it.

i would have to say saving peoples lives. where im from people do a lot of shit, including heroin.

after my girlfriend OD'd, I saved two guys' lives. the first time i convinced a crazy kid not to kill himself by just saying I loved him and hugging him and stuff. . . the second kid was a random junky who OD'd at my friends party, he was not conscious and was drooling, shallow breathing; so i raced to my place grabbed two EPINEPHRINe (adrenaline for bee sting ) auto injectors, shot the first one in his arm. then a second. and PRESTO! he's ALIVE!

Getting (and quite stupidly easily so as well) into the course I wanted to do at uni.

Realising why I wanted to go to uni and do that particular course in the first place.

Realising that my paranoia that not everyone is out to get me, and that they aren't looking for the first chance to leave me was completely unfounded.

Yeah, I knew you said 1, but they are all equal farken. :)

There's a few things I'm proud of doing, but most recently is graduating from my uni degree with marks in the top 2% of all courses that come under the college of arts.

- helping myself grow into a reasonably self-aware/mature/rational person
- finishing uni
- getting a job that I love, and doing pretty damn well at it
- leaving my very comfortable life in Brisbane and moving to Melbourne
- Getting through a very difficult period in my life relatively unscathed

When i think about it, i've had quite a uniquely messed up life, especially from my childhood to my early/mid 20s, and the fact that I am who I am now makes me proud as punch. I pretty much raised myself, taught myself what I needed to know, when my life came crashing down around me more than once, i put myself back together, with almost no help from anyone, and I am who I am now, faults and all, I love me. Also, deciding, when i was 27 that i wasn't happy with myself or where I was in life, so i lost a heap of weight, started actually giving a shit how i presented myself, gained an increased sense of independence and finally got my license. I also decided that I was worthy of a decent job and put a plan into action to achieve that... and i did.

Being one of the best in my field of work. It's not much, but I'm proud of it.

Being there for my Mum through her ordeal with breast cancer

Even though I haven't actually "done" it yet, but I'm booked in for August. But getting off my arse and going to see what the world has to offer

college_dropout said:
Seeking help for clinical depression.

Dont you mean drug induced depression ?

Here Ill give you some unsolicitated help, that you didnt even need to seek !

Stop taking all forms of drugs, and in about 6 months time you will start to feel normal again. Another 18 months, and youll be peachy keen !

Good luck with it !

Actually I've been depressed since I was 14. It's only been over the last few months that I've sought help for it and I've been feeling great and actually have motivation and willpower to do things.

But you are right. A part of me still uses drugs as a release valve for all the shit that builds up during the week when I'm sober. I'm not sure if wholly abstaining or simply cutting back a lot is the right answer but over the next few months I'll be putting most of my money towards DJ and music production gear, so I won't be able to spend anywhere near as much on drugs as I have been in the past anyway.

Last edited:
I'll also give you some advice C_D from someone who suffered depression for about 5 years... stop taking drugs. I took drugs for a while into my depression and it only made it worse. Simply cutting down will not help, you need to stop entirely. I was able to manage and eventually break my depression with no medical help, it was really just about finding positive things to focus on in my life. It may not be so simple for other people, but i guess it's something that i'm proud of as well.

Good luck chookie :)