• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Oxycodone tolerance...

i are spectre

Bluelighter
For several months now i've been railing 20mg of oxycodone once every weekend. Last weekend I thought about my tolerance and i began thinking it was getting stronger, so i said hey, ill buy 80mg, rail that, and not do oxycontin for a month or 2, then start up fresh again. so, i did it, railed 80mg, and i felt like i just did another 20mg. the only thing i noticed different was that i got EXTREMELY tired, and if i tried to stay up, i'd keep falling asleep like every 5 seconds, no matter what position my body was in. anyways, im rambling... just wanna know why this occured, thanks...
------------------
"Language is the exclusive domain and tool of concepts, every word we use is a symbol that denotes a concept..."
aim: um this is beau

You consumed a large amount of narcotics, and instead of getting a "floaty" feeling, you got laid out ... it's common ..
------------------
"When I saw the extent of my empire, I wept, for there were no more nations to conquer"

I have a Q. Isn't the time when you can't stay awake from opiates, falling asleep every 5 minutes, is a sign of OD, and if you go with it you might OD while unconcions (sp?) or vomit and sufficate yourself?

I noticed the same thing when I was taking percocets a while back after an operation I had done. I was getting 100 every 2 weeks,so sometimes Id take up to 20 in one night. Im 6'3 and 280 pounds though. Seems if Id just take 3-4 at a time Id get a nice euphoric laid back feeling,more than 6 and Id just feel really tired and kindve sick,no buzz at all really.

"Nodding off" is a normal effect from a moderate - high dose of opiates. Seasoned opiate users aim toward this, cause it feels so damn good.

DAMn, i wouldn' think railing 20 mg ONCE every weekend would cause much of a tolerance at ALL!!i take more than that, and have been for several months now, and my tolerance hasn't really went up much though..
then again, there are those people(NEEWBIES) who have to take 40 mg at first to feel anything...

Wasn't this question answered 5 months ago?
------------------
PACK.MY.BEAK