• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

If they were to legalize 1 drug, which one should it be?

sunEdltye

Ex-Bluelighter
I say bud because it has always been around, has mellow effects, and is healthier than a cigerrete.
Evan

Heroin, as there would be fewer problems if it could be regulated and managed to some degree ..
------------------
"When I saw the extent of my empire, I wept, for there were no more nations to conquer"

well part of me wants to say weed cause it'd be nice to go down to the corner 7-11 and buy a bag... but shit weed is everywhere anyway, right? so might as well go with something a little harder to get then, eh? like ketamine. yeah... i would legalize ketamine.
meow
Mellabopper
------------------
animals are for petting!
"does anyone know where we are? because i think i dont have a clue"
"damn the man, save the empire!" - empire records
Corruption is key.

CANNABIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it should be sold like coffee is in supermarkets, u know how theres cubicals for the different types of coffee beans?.. and the coffee grinder and all.
there would be cubicals for the different types of marijuana buds, no schwag of course only high grade stuff.
u could also grind it up in the grinding machine and roll it with an automatic joint machine(which would be connected to the grinding machine) where u could select what size joint u wanted, there would be normal, large, extra large and blunt.
[This message has been edited by DiGiTaL xTC (edited 15 February 2001).]

Pot. It is not a weed, by the way. Very useful plant.
------------------
"I have discovered that common sense is quite uncommon"-My name here

DX, I really like your idea. I can picture it.
biggrin.gif

Realistically, I think the first to break free from prohibition will be marijuana. I also agree with you, Phreex, but as it is we can't even buy mild opiates without a prescription. There would have to be a major shift in drug attitude and _philosophy_ of Americans for hard narcotics to be legalized.
Ketamine? I don't know about that one... it can be misleading because it's a pretty safe drug physically, but I've seen it have some pretty devastating effects on a couple people mentally.
-Myco

Since I am from Holland, and weed is kinda legalized over here I wish everyone could enjoy this privledge too!

yeah but if opiates were legalized how would it work?
what would stop kids from eating their parents' or siblings' morphine stash and ODing like Quicksilver (R.I.P.)?
ok, i do like opiates a lot, and i know that if they are used correctly nothing bad can happen, but so much can go wrong.
the thing is, unlike most other drugs, marijuana basically doesn't cause any health problems, doesn't impair judgement and is virtually impossible to OD on.
marijuana is legal in holland. marijuana was legalized in belgium, a strict ass country full of stuck-up rich fucks (i lived there), not long ago so i think it won't be long until marijuana is fully legalized in europe.
i don't know about america though, this bush dude is a fucking prick and the govt is full of old ass dumbfucks so its very unlikely it will happen soon (i think).

Pot! Most definitely. Honestly, I don't understand why it hasn't already been legalized.
------------------
"Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?"

Well, on one hand there is no doubt that MJ should be legalized...
...but on the other hand I'm getting concerned about the increasing US military and political involvement in Colombia under the guise of the 'War on Drugs'. Cocaine criminalization causes a lot of problems and deaths, and it creates a HUGE black market industry with tons of $$$$$ at stake. This money corrupts law enforcement agencies all the way from your local LA cop planting crack rocks on poor people to the DEA, CIA etc. -- I'm sure the heroin black market causes similar problems.
...if i had to choose 1 it probly would be pot though.

CRACK COCAINE.... it could be pressed into little rectangles and dispensed like PEZ!!!!
Psyche... just kidding.
wink.gif

I would, however push for psychadelics to become legal (In the right settings). For instance, you could goto a special place to do them with proper supervision. I cannot deny the profound benefit these substances can offer, but by the same token they can rip someones mind apart if not used correctly. Oh, and I would make Ketamine an honorary member of this category although it is a discociative. I truly believe in its ability to accelerate the healing of mental and emotional wounds.
I ask myself this question all the time. The truth is we would all be screwed if all drugs were legal - honestly. The stupidest 5% of the population would reek havoc on the rest of the country. Cars would go flying off of bridges, people would be trying to fly out of skyscrapers (UNsuccessfully)and raving lunatics would be running through the streets in uncontrolable numbers. Imagine all the alcohol related problem that we have in our society magnified by a power of 100.
(Except maybe with cannibas... then everyone would just sit in there livingrooms eating doritos and building cute little bongs out of those littlehoney-bear honey bottles).
So, my conclusion is that the only safe way to make drugs legal is for them just to be legal for me.
wink.gif

------------------
Have you ever been high? Have you ever been stoned? Have you sat on the long couch with a tingling in your feet, in your toes, and known what was coming? Have you ever been messy, sloppy, rolling? Have you ever taken acid, snorted coke, popped pills, dropped downers? Have you had your little break today? Have you been happy with your choices? Have you ever wanted never to come down? Have you... have you... have you?
Now, have you ever been to jail?
"I dislike the drug you are using, but I would defend with my life your right to use it."
- Paraphrase on Voltaire

"The truth is we would all be screwed if all drugs were legal"
No, thats not the truth.
sebastians_ghost: you are opening a huge can of worms with this one. I disagree with you 100% and ignorance such as yours fuels the continuation of the harmful War on Drugs. I wont go into it completely, but...
Would the kids who have died from PMA be "screwed" if MDMA was legal and regulated and they wouldnt have to buy shady pills on the black market?
Would the families of the thousands of people serving long prison sentences for nonviolent offenses be "screwed"?
Would we all be "screwed" by less police corruption and better police-public relations (which would come with leagalization)?

N-train... let me let you in on a rule of thumb: If you see more than one "
smile.gif
" in one of my posts I am probably posting in a half serious - half sarcastic mindset. I started the post with a joke, for crying out loud ...and no I DON'T honestly believe I should be the only one who the law allows to use drugs! (Man, do I really need to explain myself here?!?!)
Do yourself a favor... don't go calling me ignorant, don't assume your opinion is the only legitimate one, and don't let a carefree reply to thread obviously meant for people to voice there OWN opinion and have fun get your panties all tied up in a knot.
I don't know you, I have nothing against you and have no reason not to like you or acknoledge your opinion. I would appreciate it if you would grant me and others in the future, that same respect.
Thanks.
------------------
Have you ever been high? Have you ever been stoned? Have you sat on the long couch with a tingling in your feet, in your toes, and known what was coming? Have you ever been messy, sloppy, rolling? Have you ever taken acid, snorted coke, popped pills, dropped downers? Have you had your little break today? Have you been happy with your choices? Have you ever wanted never to come down? Have you... have you... have you?
"I dislike the drug you are using, but I would defend with my life your right to use it."
- Paraphrase on Voltaire

Sorry for any disrespect . . . this subject can get me all riled up.
I didnt take everything you said seriously, but I thought you meant the part about keeping drugs illegal; you did say you "thought about it all the time."
i dont know if youre ignorant or not

Trees should be legal...other drugs are illegal for a reason...like Coke, Crack, Herion, Special K, shit like that fucks people up...perminately..I've lost way to many people..and seen to many people lose everything worthwhile in thier live sue to these drugs. Marijuana...has a calming effect.....doesn't make you feel like your super man...hell...I love trees..cause to me..it's like being able to inhale relaxation..and when you work all day long..then wanna do nothing but party all night..you can use all the relaxiation you can get
smile.gif

------------------
"Not an even field to be on...feels like standing still for eons and eons...stare it dead in the eye...what now? all we can do is try to shut it down..."

N Train, even if Sebastian was telling the truth, you should not jump on him with your personal bias. You give the impression that if you are not totally against the war on drugs than you should not post and are ignorant.
Your view isn't necessarily the right view, it is just your view. We have seen that legalization of cannabis in places like Holland has been pretty successful and should be done in the US. However, few countries have taken similar stances on hard drugs and thus we cannot see whether it would be beneficial or not to legalize them. If cocaine were 100% pure and costed $50 an ounce, I know lots of people who currently only dabble in the stuff but would probably snort themselves into oblivion if money wasn't an issue (especially coke head girls
smile.gif
). If 1g vials of Ketamine were $10 a piece, you might, as some people with great supplies have noted, practically live in K-land. If heroin costs next to nothing, would it matter to you if you had a nice tolerance and required a gram a day? Maybe, maybe not. If society says these drugs are all ok, they might slowly rise to the popularity of alcohol. I mean, if society says its perfectly ok to live in K-land, then that is one less reason not to. And if you look at commercials on tv or visit a college campus such as mine, you might see that society encourages the abuse of alcohol by underage and of age citizens. This is just my partial view of the situation. Like I said about Quicksilver, purity and illegality had nothing to do with his overdose. Again, these are just some of MY thoughts. This is NOT necessarily the right stance, it is just my stance. This isn't an objective question like what are these green pills with imprint lalalala. And as such, it is a debate to see who presents the most convincing position. I could go on but I think you get my point.

I agree with digital about the politics of america. There is a bunch of old closed-minded people that are the ones that pass laws.
But i would have to say marijuana is going to be legal in the staes soon, because hey people are gaining more acceptance of it here. Just look at mendocino county,CA, you can grow it for recreational purposes and smoke it.
I would have to say if one drug were to be legal to use: mdma for use of therapy to get people to open up to people they are having problems with (i.e. marrital problems)
It couldn't be full blown legal due to it's negative side effects.
Having opiates legal would be cool but to many people would use it more often than it would be healthy to use.
------------------
We must lose everything before we are free to do anything.
AIM: twr1hb
[This message has been edited by PARADIGM (edited 15 February 2001).]

It's cool, N-train.
Hey, you're from Boston? I'm hitting Axis tonight with some friends. If your into that scene drop me an email and come on by... drinks on me!
------------------
- Paraphrase on Voltaire

drinks on you? thats fucking tempting, but i have to get off work, go home, and see whats up, but maybe.
heh. that'd be funny if we hung out a lot and the first time talking on BL I called you ignorant. Its good to have another Boston head around.

I believe Pot grows form the land, as well as shrooms and other plants, for a certain reason, that is, TO BE ENJOYED BY US.
Peace.