• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Accurately measuring small ammounts of powder...

cloneCL1

Bluelighter
Okay, I have some 2c-t-7, and I dont have enough money for a scale accurate to a mg yet. I was just curious about this vodka/distilled water method. Say I put the 250mg or so of powder mixed with 250 mL, from my understanding, 1mL will be equal to 1mg right? Okay my real question is,...see I want to make a bunch of 10 and 15mg capsuls , so would it be wise to make a bunch of seperate doses of the mixture in random glasses or something and let it dry out? When its dried, does it all stick to the side, like is it all filmy, and look like a pile of sludge, or will it go straight back to its original form? Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

ok wanna measure it out here is in my opinion the best way for your situation. well what you can do is take your stuff cut it as best you can in half then you have 2 125mg piles. Then again=4- 62.5 piles
again=8- 31.25
yet again=16 @ 15.625mg piles
thats enough for 16 - 15 miligram pills
Just make sure they look about the same size and for heavens sake take your time. if you want to cut into 10mg take 2 15mg piles put them together and cut it into 3 lines. Those lines will roughly be 10mg. And dude give me an email.
------------------
I was one of those kids the got candy dipped in lsd for holloween.

that is a decent method but certainly not the best
use the water method as follows:
say u have 150mg of 2ct7---dissolve it into 150ml or water or vodka.
then use a baby syringe to measure out 15ml and in this 15ml u will have 15 mg.
now dissolve the water or vodka (everclear is better) alcohol dissolves easier than water. u can cook it out like u cook k.
u will be left with 10 15mg doses that u can put in capsules
ONE

The water method is the ONLY way unless you have a digital scale accurate to the milligram (which you don't) ... you can't use the "half" method as many of these drugs can have a totally differnt effect when the dose is bumped up by only a few milligrams - you can NOT eye a milligram!
------------------
"When I saw the extent of my empire, I wept, for there were no more nations to conquer"

Instead of creating a new thread, I'll ask this here.
Does anyone know if the phenethylamines(sp?) and tryptamines are more soluble in say...everclear than in water? I am assuming so, but by about how much? I was thinking about aquiring some, putting 1gram of DIPT in 100mL of everclear and titrating up from there(adding more liquid 10mL a time). I hope 100mL could hold 1gram, but it will probably be more like 150-200mL. Either way I plan on then measuring it out in 5mg, 10mg, and 35mg doses, then putting them in gelcaps for storage. Sound like it would work? Thanks.

Does that work with MDMA powder too? Or more specifically, how would you split 1g of MDMA powder into 8 125mg portions?
(oh yeah, I know this is "Other Drugs", but I'll get a better answer here)...
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Pleonastic (edited 14 February 2001).]

Both the water/vodka method, and spliting the doses by sight imply that you know the exact amount you are starting with.
Imagine you have 300mg instead of 250mg, but you think you have 250.. when you divid it up your math will be wrong and you will have higher doses than you though.
Just something to consider.
------------------
Pitifully clawing at the bottom rung of the funny ladder.

Considering that it is not extremely dose sensitive, the halving method WILL work fine with MDMA. Even a fairly large error will not do much harm. No point using water here.
With 2ct7, after mixing it with a liquid (alcohol will evaporate easiest), drop the measured liquid onto a flat surface, which will be easy to scrape. You will then have fairly accurately measured powder doses.
BTW, dont sell this.

Yes, alcohol is a better solvent then water, but water works - you just need to heat it a little and give it time (for some of the tricky powders) ..
Why is alcohol not recomended? Simple, if you have 1mg of drug per mL of fluid, and yer using Everclear (or something thats almost pure EtOH) then throwing back 15mL of liquid might be asking for some nasty alcohol induced effects..
Of course you should assume you are over by about 5% with your inital amount - ie if you think you have 1g, then measure as though you have 1050mg ... better safe then sorry!
I have done this, and 2C-T-7, 2C-T-2, as well as 5-MeO-DiPT will *ALL* disolve in warm water ...
------------------
"When I saw the extent of my empire, I wept, for there were no more nations to conquer"

what about DMT with the water method?
and say you have no clue how much you have to start with?
or say you have what you believe to be somewhat less than .3g.....
or is this completly hopeless? lol

incidentally, if you dissolve something in a small amount of hot water, you might find that your solute crystallizes when you cool it down... this is recrystallization, and if it happens, those crystals are pure. if you let it cool slowly enough, and don't disturb it, you might get big crystals that will impress your friends. the solvent may or may not contain more dissolved 'product'...
it's a very simple method of purification, and would work especially well if you dissolved whatever it is in a minimal amount of hot Everclear...