• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

axl blaze

Bluelighter
poster1.jpg

this movie has everything I look for in the horror genre; zombies, utopian (read: dystopian) society, and post-apocalyptic greatness. too bad Danny Boyle is off the project, however Fresnadillo does look promising, despite the little credentials he does hold.

the premise is that Britain has been cleaned out of the infected, and repopulated by the US Army. but this is a great recipe for shit hitting the fan! it will be coming out May 11th, I saw 28 Days Later in 04 in a theatre by myself because nobody was into zombie flicks and I must say, it was intensely frightening.

the director appears to be using the same fast-paced, many framed splatterfest that Boyle started. also, the sound track looks promising. check out the trailer at the bottom!

This is a sequel to a movie called "28 Days Later" (Which I loved).

This is directed by Juan Carlos Fresnadillo, while "28 days later" was directed by Danny Boyle.

There is a rumor that Boyle will direct the third installedment of 28 ___ later. You can guess the titles all the want.. 28 seconds, minutes, centuries later, whatever. Of course rumors usually come out as "Facts" when many repeat the information over and over.

trailer = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0oSdqQuzdU

28 days later rocked

omg i can't wait to see this!!!

edit: it comes out a day before my birthday too WOOOOO!!!!!

28 days later is one of my favorite zombie movies (and i really like zombie flicks) so i'm really looking forward to this one!

I don't care for horror movies at all, but saw "28 Days" on a whim, and absolutely loved it.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the sequel...I think one of the reasons they often suck is because--IMO--more thought and originality goes into a project if there's no expectation of following it up.

28 days later was awesome, up there with the great zombie flicks. i'm looking forward to this. remember to stay till after the credits... in 28 days later there was an alternate ending :)

god i can't fucking wait for this one....loved the first! best zombie flick ever.

well, i don't know, tied with shaun of the dead...hard choice.

cilian murphy is fab.

echo off said:
28 days later was awesome, up there with the great zombie flicks. i'm looking forward to this. remember to stay till after the credits... in 28 days later there was an alternate ending :)

Oooh, didn't know that. Thanks for the tip. It's in the DVD, presumably? I might have to re-rent before this comes out.

I wasn't looking forward to this - different director, different cast - I read it as an American adaptation of the original idea (not to rag on US cinema, which is beautiful, but I'm generally not a fan of Hollywood adaptations of films that I already liked).

But I saw the trailer last night and I thought it looked great. Really bleak dystopian mise en scene (as Axl already said). I loved the dark tone of the first film (spoiler ahead)

NSFW:
I'm thinking especially of the way the army was portrayed. Trying to rape a young girl? Dark dark dark!

And the trailer made me think 28 Weeks will be the same: it reminded me of a couple of dark British sci-fi stories from the 60s/70s (by Aldiss and Ballard) in which the US Army is fighting a kind of Vietnam style war of occupation in Britain. Freaking cool :) (No real shots of the zombies in the trailer I saw, either - could be interesting to see what's done with them).

i hope its as good as the first
thats one of the few dvds i own
im usually not dissapointed by zombie flicks, but i have really high expectations for this one

Film:28 Weeks Later

It looks like it might be better than the original,which I really didn't care for that much. It was good in the beginning,but the end pretty much ripped off Day of the Dead. I'm going to see it when it comes out. Who else plans on seeing it? Wanna come with me? I'm buying. No snacks though. Yeah. Don't think you're gonna take advantage of me with the fucking snacks. I'm not made out of money.

lol i am going as soon as i wake up friday morning...i have been waiting for this movie for a long time, i thought the first one was awesome too...one of my favorite movies

I don't understand how you can compare the endings of 28 Days Later and Land of the Dead. they don't even share bleak, depressing endings like most zombie movies do, like Land of the Dead. 28 Day Later was far more gruesome, but it had a happy ending, what with them being "rescued."

I started this thread a couple weeks ago :)

the original was fucking awesome

i don't have my hopes up but i'll be in the theater this weekend.

^
I fully agree with every part of your post, although my hopes have been raised by the trailer (they were low when I first heard about this project, but were raised significantly by the trailer - it looks badass, especially the way they are spinning the putative rescuers of the UK as the bad guys, a la the British army in the first one - I like my movies nice and dark, and that looks pretty damn dark to me :)).

Axl Blaze said:
I don't understand how you can compare the endings of 28 Days Later and Land of the Dead. they don't even share bleak, depressing endings like most zombie movies do, like Land of the Dead. 28 Day Later was far more gruesome, but it had a happy ending, what with them being "rescued."

I started this thread a couple weeks ago :)
I didn't say land of the Dead,Mr. Blaze. I said Day of the Dead. The whole military psycho group thing,right down to the one "crazy" being kept chained up. And I didn't see your thread,but I'm sure they'll be merged. I don't think I like you attitude. You can buy your own ticket. I'm kidding. Go around back and I'll sneak you in.

i think the thing that really defined the first wasn't even the zombie or horror aspect of it.

but i think more so than many movies that display society collapsing (not just horror), i think it truly captured humanity's ..ugly lengths it would attempt to reach to in order to continue on and it did a great job capturing people (the stars) that understood humanity a bit more than.. mere survival and continuation of the species and drew the line in the sand between the two modes of thought.

I appreciated that.

HisNameIsFrank said:
It looks like it might be better than the original,which I really didn't care for that much. It was good in the beginning,but the end pretty much ripped off Day of the Dead.

Sounds like you need to brush up on your zombie cinema.

28 Days Later was one giant homage to all the Romero flicks. You can draw similarities to the original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn & Day. It was still a great movie in spite of these "rip offs".

I am really looking forward to the sequel. It will probably have a lot more in common with Day of the Dead than 28 Days... since both Day of the Dead and 28 Weeks take place well after the initial outbreak, human regrouping and military response.

ego_loss said:
28 Days Later was one giant homage to all the Romero flicks. .
a giant homage done much better than.

i can't wait to see this one.