Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Thief

SA

Bluelight Crew
225px-Thief3.jpg

After years of upholding law and order on the cop drama Homicide: Life on the Street, Andre Braugher crossed over to the criminal side as the title character in the FX network weekly Thief. Set in post-Katrina New Orleans, the series cast Braugher as Nick Atwater, who supplemented his income as a vintage-car dealer by masterminding a team of thieves. - msn movies

Thief was an FX Networks television drama which debuted on March 28, 2006.

Andre Braugher stars as Nick Atwater, the leader of a robbery crew balancing his personal life with the planning of a major heist. The crew are being targeted by a relentless cop and the Chinese mafia every step of the way, while Atwater struggles at home with his teenage stepdaughter (Mae Whitman).

The pilot was originally ordered by FX back in 2003, but didn't move forward until Braugher signed on. Despite critical acclaim, the show failed to garner significant ratings and FX declined to extend the series.

- Wki

I have only recently started watching this. It didn't sem to come on regularly, but I'd managed to catch it at all the right times it seems. I just watched the last episode "In the Wind" on TV last night and was browsing around in search of DVD sets, but was really disappointed to find out that 1) there are no DVD sets and 2) that was the sixth and final episode of this short lived series.

Has anyone else seen this? I thought it was great! The acting was fantastic, on all accounts. The story was captivating. I am supremely disappointed that I hadn't heard of this until recently and that it was such a short lived series.