• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

tv: Planet Earth on Discovery Channel

Zagenth

Bluelighter
Damn, anyone watch this new series on Discovery (or Science channel) on an HDTV? Fucking incredible imo. The beauty of this planet almost brings a tear to my eye, I really can't understand why the beauty of nature doesn't affect more people. :)

I fucking love that series (awesome trip viewing), I was talking about it in pd the other day.

i haven't...but i will look for it. i forget about the hd channels and don't watch them enough. sounds like it would be awesome.

I looooove this show. Hopefully it'll do more than wow people.... hopefully it'll get people inspired to elect officials, pass legislation and take other pretty basic steps to help conserve the environment.

i cant wait to go home and watch this on the new hdtv in the house, it looks sick on a reg tv but cant wait to peep it in hd!

I need to buy this. This rocks enough on reg TV. However, the add for the DVD doesn't mention HDDVD or Blu-Ray. I wonder why they wouldn't put this out as such.

Planet Earth on Discovery Channel (merged)

Anyone else watching this series? The photography/videography is nothing short of spectacular, with some incredible time lapse. I suppose there isn't much to discuss on this rather objective documentary, however, it is one of the most professional, entertaining and informative nature docu-programs I have seen in a while. I wish the installments were longer, providing footage of the rarer felines in particular and other animals at play in addition to at hunt.

I've caughts bits and pieces of it; it is really spectacular stuff.

Despite our best efforts to destroy this place, Earth is a pretty neat planet.

I wish my TV wasn't so shitty though, so I could really enjoy this program.

One of the most astonishing documentary projects I've seen. The camera work and time-lapse stuff is second to none in the genre. If you have access, seeing this in HD is a site to behold.

we have been watching this on a huge hd tv/channel and it is just incredible. the pictures look edited/colored, that is how fabulous they are. totally unreal.

beautiful. def recommendation for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

I saw the deep sea one. I wish i has a plasma tv, but i dont.

Caves episode from last night was amazing. Started of with people base jumping INTO a fucking cave, nuts, completely nuts

yeah... i love the show.. can't wait to see the making of it on Sunday.

merged.

I've been continuously impressed by every episode I've seen. I'm inclined to credit the BBC production unit. This might be something I'd get on torrent and stick on DVD, or (drools) HDDVD.

I just started watching this..

the pole to pole episode (first) with the birds of paradise is hilarious! that bird totally looked like "WTF" at the end after his wooing didn't work on the female.. those birds are just unbelievable.

i so wish i had access to an HD tv! :(

the best moment so far, imo, has been seeing the 30ft long great white leaping 10 feet above the ocean surface in super slow motion.

The jackass guys should go swimming on that beach. Steve-O could try to mate with a seal, and Bam could get eated.

Youtube video (food chain spoiler alert)

Last edited:
my parents just got HD!! i cant wait to watch the serious now and see the difference

atlas said:
the best moment so far, imo, has been seeing the 30ft long great white leaping 10 feet above the ocean surface in super slow motion.

The jackass guys should go swimming on that beach. Steve-O could try to mate with a seal, and Bam could get eated.

Youtube video (food chain spoiler alert)

actually they have on that show Wildboyz. Steve-O gets out of the water within seconds of a shark attack. Its pretty crazy.