• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

MEAT recipes!

fasteddie

Bluelighter
I thought of posting something obnoxious over in the "vegan" thread, but why rain on the tofu parade?

I take a nice London Broil. Beef shoulder, whatever you call it. I get a BBQ fire good and hot, and char that sucker. But, it's still practically raw on the inside. I slice it up, save the juices.

Now, I chop up a mess of garlic, a good size onion, and a bunch of mushrooms. I hit a big cast iron skillet with some olive oil, fry the garlic, then onion, then the mushrooms. I'll set that stuff aside, then heat it up again with more oil, then do the sliced steak. So it's still pretty red.

Now, I throw in everything together. [Edit: I forget: wine! you gotta have it, add about a half cup of burgundy] Add a little flour to thicken the liquid in there...heat it all together...don't cook the beef too much. Serve the whole thing over egg noodles.

This is my specialty.

And, yeah, it's healthy living, I think. No one can tell me that lean beef, in moderation, isn't healthy.

I wish I knew what Aussies call this cut of meat, I'm sure you have it. I'd like to hear what you folks do with steak, I imagine you have some kick ass BBQ's down under.

Last edited:
I make this really simple boiled chicken dish that is similar to Samgyetang (a Korean chicken ginseng soup ). I basically just boil two chicken breasts with skin (yummy flavor plus I love white meat) with onions, garlic, lots and lots of sliced ginger, kombu seaweed, choisum or any other green leafy vegetable, until it is completely cooked. I shred the chicken breast and serve in a bowl with the delicious soup. OMG! Heaven!

My parents make the meanest burger known to man: the Bison Bacon Cheeseburger. You know the bison that used to roam all over the plains of North America? They taste absolutely incredible. They are also healthier as they are leaner than cattle. Grill a patty with some bacon and cheese and you have a perfect meal for right after a hard workout, lots of protein and very filling! You can buy bison meat if you live in a big city, otherwise you can order it shipped to you online although it can be a bit pricy.

Spicy Peanut Chicken Pasta

Preparation
-Poke chicken with fork a lot

In hot skillet add:
-Olive oil
-Tabasco
-Thyme

Brown the Chicken in skillet

Add:
-Cayenne and chillies
-Chopped green peppers
-Ginger

And cook
Add PC Szechwan Sauce
Thicken the sauce

Serve on pasta

>>And, yeah, it's healthy living, I think. No one can tell me that lean beef, in moderation, isn't healthy.>>

Everything is healthy in moderation.

ebola

^^ Dioxin isn't...

Australians have AWESOME barbies!

Some of my drug-fuelled BBQ's have been so AWESOME that the uneaten food was simply thrown away three days later. Awesome I tells ya...

crystal's sounds delicious, gonna have to try it.

i read once that combining refined carbs (like the flour in the egg noodle) was a seriously suboptimal pairing for your meat. but then again it might not be such a big deal if you have a fibrous sidedish.

i was a vegetarian for a year but i startedto get little vaginas appearing all over my body lol

i like to take a nice 8 oz fillet or strip steak, do it with a rub of just some sea salt and fresh black pepper and really get a good coating so it will help to form a nice outside on the beef. grill it to about medium rare, still nice and rare in the middle. let it sit for about 10 mins to let it settle (very important in having nice juicy steak, when you cut it right off the grill a lot of those juices run out)

to accompany, i will slowly caramalize one vidallia onion. this involves just slicing it and sautaing over low heat in a little olive oil till the naturla sugars in the onion start to come out. vidallias are quite sweet so they are opitimal for this.

while the onions are going i will roast a large red pepper under the broiler and once its completely charred, let it steam in a paper bag. peel the charred skin, take out the seeds and pith then julliene.

to the already caramalized onions i willl add about a cup of sliced baby bella mushrooms, cook untill desiered consistancy, i like mine still a little firm. add the jullineed roasted red peppers and let cook for another few minutes to let the flavors meld. season with salt and pepper to taste and let rest.

right before i serve the relish, i will add in a little bit of fresh thyme and parsley for taste and more for color.

in a small side sauce pot i will take a little bit of butter, bleu cheese and cream and make a sauce. i make this is really small quantities as its really rich. it goes nice over the steak right at the end.

its really simple, but those are usually the best tasting disdhes

medicine cabinet said:
i was a vegetarian for a year but i startedto get little vaginas appearing all over my body lol

I lol'd.

to accompany, i will slowly caramalize one vidallia onion. this involves just slicing it and sautaing over low heat in a little olive oil till the naturla sugars in the onion start to come out. vidallias are quite sweet so they are opitimal for this.

Caramelizing a Vidalia is, IMHO, a complete waste of time. Like you said, they're already *very* sweet, due to the lack of sulfur in the soil where they're grown. By caramelizing a Vidalia, you're essentially destroying what a Vidalia onion stands for: sweet, pungent, and crunchy. All naturally, without the need to do anything further to it. If you're going to caramelize onions (and damn do I love caramelized onions), you're much better off (again, IMHO) to use a regular-ass yellow or white onion.

Raw Vidalias on a hamburger? Now that's good stuff.

Oh, and SO's recipe thread is over here.

The following recipe can be used to prepare a small suckling pig carcass in an oven:

Wash a young suckling pig carcass weighing about 10 pounds in several changes of cold water and dry it well. Rub inside with a cut clove of garlic and brush with brandy. Make a stuffing as follows: Soak 3 cups of soft bread crumbs in cider and squeeze them dry, shaking the crumbs well to lighten them. To the crumbs add 2 tablespoons each of chopped parsley and finely chopped chives; 1/2 clove garlic mashed to a pulp; 3 tablespoons grated onion; and 4 small pork sausage patties, cooked, skinned, and crumbled. Season the mixture to taste with salt, pepper, a few thyme leaves and a dash of nutmeg, mace, and cloves. Combine the ingredients thoroughly and beat in 2 eggs.

Stuff the carcass loosely and skewer and lace the opening. Truss the forelegs and the hind legs forward separately and close under the body. Wipe the pig with a damp cloth, then brush generously with melted butter. With a sharp pointed knife, make a number of little slashes over the top of the pig to enable the fat to drip down into the roasting pan. Place a block of wood in the pig's mouth to brace it for the apple that will be inserted later. Cover the ears with brown paper to keep them from burning. Roast the suckling pig in a moderate oven for 3 to 3-1/2 hours, according to its size, or until the meat is tender and thoroughly cooked. Cover the roast with brown paper if it is browning too fast and baste it frequently with the fat from the pan, to which has been added 1 cup of hot water.

While the pig is roasting, make stock for the gravy. Boil the pig's heart in just enough salted water to cover. When it is almost tender, add the pig's liver, 2 tablespoons grated onion, and 1 tablespoon each of chopped parsley and green pepper. Simmer until the heart and liver are tender. Chop them and mix with the pan drippings and some of the stock. Skim off the fat and thicken the gravy with 2 tablespoons flour kneaded with 2 tablespoons of butter. Cook for a few minutes, and keep hot in a sauceboat.

Dress the pig on a large heated platter and remove the block of wood from its mouth, replacing it with a red apple. Garnish the platter with crisp watercress and rub the skin gently but thoroughly with a piece of butter folded in a thickness of cheesecloth until all the butter is used and the skin is shiny and crisp. Garnish with baked apples topped with a ring of cranberries. Put a cranberry necklace and earrings on the pig. Serve with cranberry sauce.

z201820.JPG

ChemicalSmile's Blue Cheese Burgers (DANK)

* 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
* 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (I think blue cheese is rather strong so I use less. But if you really love blue cheese you can spring for the full amount.)
* 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
* 1/2 teaspoon Texas Pete Hot Sauce
* 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
* 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper (or white pepper to mix it up)
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard (I usually go heavier)
* 6 Hamburger buns