• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV Documentary: Selling Sex in Heaven

In the Eyes of God

Ex-Bluelighter
This finished airing after a third time on CBC Newsworlds "The Lens", a section about independant film makers.

This is a short but heartbreaking look at the Filipino sex trade and the despairity within it.

Since it no longer airs, you can download it if interested at the following:
http://www.meganova.org/details/466442.html

The documentary focuses mainly on a young girl named Mila who was tricked into the sex trade at 17 in Angeles city (just north of Manila), offered a job to work in a factory while working as a maid in Manila, she went with the lady offering the job, who took her to a bar called Heaven on a street nicknamed "Blowjob Alley" in Angeles city, and sold her (unknowingly to Mila) to the bar owner, and abandoned her there. With no money and no way out of Angeles city, she had only two choices, starve, or sell her body. The urge to survive is always greater than all else.

This documentary hits home for me. If you have seen it, or do choose to watch it, and I encourage you to, between 5-10 minutes in, theres a short scene where two men and a prostitute are sitting at a street side bar. One of the men is wearing a green t-shirt, the other is wearing a red t-shirt and despite his face being blurred slightly, is visibly wearing glasses. I am 101% positive the man in the red shirt is my uncle, theres not a doubt in my mind, I know what he looks like, his glasses, and even that red-shirt. He moved to Angeles city from north america 7 years ago where he lives 6 months of every year, after being in a car accident and winning over $1 million settlement in north america. He has tried to justify his exploitation of these young, desperate women by saying to me hes paid for some of their surgeries, medications, food, even buying them apartments. This still does not justify what he does to these girls. No amount of money can justify exploiting somones dignity. It sickens me to think somone in my own family would exploit these women.

One of the hardest parts to watch in this documentary is when Mila, who seems as cold as stone from the years on the go-go bar life, speaks to the filmmaker about being raped and beaten, and speaks of herself in the third person saying "Too much for Mila" and sheds a tear. Its only then that she really seems human. For the way she acts before that, is surreal... I cannot even explain it. You just have to watch it. Since when do hookers hold the hand of the man exploiting them, calling them their boyfriend?? This sickens me... its so twisted and fucked up, these guys arent their temporary boyfriends, theyre fucked up creeps who need to be beaten down by of their own race. The entire "boyfriend" "prostitute" relation between these bargirls and their foreign exploiters is the strangest relation ive ever seen... its nothing like north american prostitution.

Perhaps the most disturbing part of this entire documentary, are not the go-go bargirls, but the Casa girls, who sell themselves for the poorer Filipino men rather than the rich foreigners. These girls live in virtual slavery, in a room the size of my bedroom closet, TWO of these girls per room, stuck in this small 4x8 foot windowless room 24 hours a day for YEARS of their life, servicing over a dozen men for 50 cents a go a day.... it makes me want to bust down the Casa door with an AK and riddle some pimps with brass.

The terms these girls use for their sexual acts are perhaps the strangest thing of all. Ive never heard such "cuteish" softcore terms for sexual acts before. The way these girls say them with their adoreable Filipino accents, sounding like a little ten year old girl (and some are that old), is just surreal and mind bending to me. For example, sex is simply called "boom-boom", a prostitute who talks alot is a "yak-yak".

While ive always been aware of the asian sex trades, this documentary really shows the despairity and conditions these women live and work in. Its a very sad documentary, and if you want to go bang some hookers there, I recommend you see this documentary first, it may just change your idea about doing that.

All in all, I give this a 10/10, as I will for any documentary that brings reality to your face. It still to this day makes me want to do something about these poor girls, but how can one man change tens of thousands of these young girls lives???

PS: Its a shame im obligated to explain a fairbit of this documentary, as I doubt many if any of you will ever see it. You really should though. I live by the viewing motto of; If its not real, I dont feel. Reality TV is hardly ever 'real', maybe im just a documentary fanatic, but 99.9% of regular TV stuff SUCKS HARD NUTS.

Last edited: