Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: The Age - 10/04/07 'Ads target cannabis smoking teens'

hoptis

Bluelight Crew
Ads target cannabis smoking teens
April 10, 2007 - 1:20PM

A NSW anti-cannabis campaign will target teenagers as they travel to school and surf the internet.

NSW Health launched the $600,000 campaign, which it says is designed to warn the 14 to 19-year-old age group on the dangers of starting the marijuana habit.

Print advertisements, carrying tag lines such as "Pot. It mightn't kill you, but it could turn you into a dickhead", will appear in youth magazines and on bus stop posters.

The ads feature a person staring accusingly from a black and white photo and quotes such as: "You've got great eyes, when they're not bloodshot" and "I'd lend you money, but you still owe me from last time".

Cinemas will screen a montage of the print shots, as will online advertisements which are set to run on youth-orientated websites, including myspace, msn messenger and gaming sites.

A NSW Health spokeswoman said online displays were an excellent way of spreading the anti-drug message as the websites' registration requirements meant the correct age group could be targeted.

NSW Health drug and alcohol programs director David McGrath said the campaign was aimed at reducing the number of teenagers experimenting with the drug.

"There is still a significant cohort of people who think, particularly with the young person's age group, that cannabis is normal," Mr McGrath said.

He said the number of young cannabis users had halved over the last six years to one in five teenagers, but more needed to be done.

"We want to prevent people who are thinking about taking cannabis up from taking it up and also encouraging those people that are using cannabis to cease," he said.

"There's no safe level of cannabis use."

Mr McGrath said teenagers needed to be made aware of the consequences of smoking pot, including mental illness such as depression, as well as damage to physical health and social interactions.

The Age

Hweh I heard these on the radio years back, they are funny.

They should make one about pills. "Yeah, I'd make out with you, but one of your eyes is wiggling back and forth and half your face is drooping!"

bahahaha awesome!
"I'd lend you money, but you still owe me from last time".
^tis the hallmark of a stoner alright! Gotta watch out for those bong heads, they'll borrow money off you, then what next.... who knows

Better off than PCP, "I'd let you in the house, but where'd you get the police hat?"

Splatt said:
Hweh I heard these on the radio years back, they are funny.

They should make one about pills. "Yeah, I'd make out with you, but one of your eyes is wiggling back and forth and half your face is drooping!"

How about "I'd hug you if you weren't covered in rave sludge"?

As a teen, who smokes cannabis (WOW!) i don't think its going to make a fucking (can I say that?) difference for me.

I know the risks, blah blah blah. Im not a heavy user in anycase - the odd J never hurt anyone! Atleast im not a metho.

The government should spend 600 grand on something more important, like educating people about weed quality (IMO.) If people can be told how to avoid laced crap, and the healthiest way on how to take something, they can (mainly) be safe.

Teens will never stop using weed...its gone to 1/5 of teens, but it will go up again in popularity.

Just my two cents...

I'm enjoying the fact that an Official Government Campaign is going to use the term "dickhead". Blah, blah blah to the rest of it, I'm a simple man.

"They said dickhead. *giggle*"

as someone who spent 2 years in my late teens smoking weed every day. i can happily say now that i have progressed to bigger and better things that weed is a dirty dirty high and that shit fks you up!
i have mates who stil do it and you end up getting calls from them at ridiculous hours asking to "borrow" ONE cigarette !!

"Pot. It mightn't kill you, but it could turn you into a dickhead"
It mightn't kill you, but it could, possibly, potentially, absolutely maybe have some other effect.

"You've got great eyes, when they're not bloodshot"
That ok, if you kiss me and I'll close them.

"I'd lend you money, but you still owe me from last time".
...not a stoner thing, a teenager thing...

Or they could give me the $600,000 and I could tell kids not to smoke dope... id b a good spokesman ;)

^I think i'd be inclined to agree.... hell they could pay me $400 and i'd go around to schools telling people to look at what i am.. "DO YOU WANT TO BE WORKING IN A CALL CENTER AT 20 YEARS OLD?!?!?"

lol

If the signs said

"smokeing makes you gay"

Then no one would start (or admit it anyway)

ilikeacid said:
Or they could give me the $600,000 and I could tell kids not to smoke dope... id b a good spokesman ;)
Payable in munchies, butane, and a very large gift certificate to a hydroponics equipment store.

Yeah I can lend you some money...... kneecaps are over rated anyway

Don't smoke pot, it'll....ah, shit just ashed on myself,......eh?,... what did you say again?..... hehehehe, fucking purple dinosaurs...=D

Hey whats happening mates, im Canadian but just happen to be checking out the OZ section, hope its cool.

Anyways, i wonder what a sweet ad campain against the governmen might look like. Teach the kids to be aware of how criminaly currupt stuff really is

maybe a big poster, with something about how they will lock you in a cage for life where you will most likely be beaten and raped for the sort of things we enjoy doing.