• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Healthy alternative to mdma

nitelife

Bluelighter
I'm not looking for the full on effect of x but rather something mild for when i go to the club to last until 8am. I'm not much of a drinker so alcohol is out. Would a stack of nootropics combined with caffeine, guarana, alcar, ala, multis, etc. works? I have been reading up on nootropics but haven't actually tried any yet. I'm generally healthy and usually can go all nite dancing but for the upcoming wmc with consecutive nites of clubbing, i might need a boost.

redbull n vodka
what partys are u goin to? future sound of breaks?

Read the Erowid.com reports on morning glory seeds extracted with a nonpolar solvent followed by ethyl alcohol. Though I haven't actually gone through with this tek or tried this drug yet, some of the reports claim it's comparable in many respects to MDMA, but groggy instead of energetic, and without the comedown. I get the sense it's quite a bit better on the old brain than MDMA.

I don't think any alternative is going to be that healthy in the long run. What effects are you looking for precisely?

Low dose LSD experienced with awareness and respect seems as one of the few alternatives that has a "similar" effect, without the neurotoxicity of amphetamines.

just have someone pinch your nipples real hard every 15mins or so.

Maybe ~200-300 mg DXM and an energy drink perhaps?
Gotta keep the DXM dose low, or else you could feel sick / too disoriented .. but I remember when I first used E + DXM at age 17, how a low dose of DXM gave me several MDMA-like effects [empathy, love of techno, overall elation, no real negative effects / hangover, save a bit of robowalk].

Definately smart to chill out on the MDMA tho! I haven't used it for over 2 years since I burned out hard [hadnt been using for 2 years prior then, but was desperate + out of oxy ...]
Loved it as a teen when I was responsible, but once you pop more than one pill, you start running downhill + kickin your brain in front of ya. Absolutely nothing in my life has ever felt worse than the days following excessive mdma abuse!

Last edited:
MDMA has a reliable experience: it's over (with normal doses!) within 4 to 6 hours. It is difficult to extend it since once you've used up alot of the serotonin, it takes a while to accumulate again.

Taking additional stimulants such as caffeine or guarana (caffeine, theophylline, theobromine), may not really help that much, and will definitely put more strain on your overworked brain that night. It will also make sleeping very difficult (for most people).

If you are using MDMA over a long period of time (years) you may want to consider that if there is "brain damage" from MDMA usage, it would most likely be compounded by sleep deprivation and further stimulant use (and I'd say that counts ESPECIALLY for trying to extend a night out of fun).

Some people had a few good ideas posted already. Either delaying MDMA until later in the night, and start off with a little LSD or mushrooms, but I think it is best to leave MDMA to the middle part of the night so that by 6am you should be able to want to leave the club/party, and start the repair process :)

caffeine, vaffeine, theophylline, theobromine.... all will add to the excitatory stress on your brain, and heart.

Start using NMDA agonists to decrease tolerance, and dependancy. Ontop of that, start using L-DOPA, and 5-HTP supplements, a healthier diet high in fiber. You want to be able to cleanse your system for a while, and stimulate the serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine levels in your body. You should also use calcium and melatonin supplements (with vitamin c) for immunostimulatory effects.

Methylone is my favorite alternative to MDMA, but then again, I hate ecstasy, get ya self some speed, thats the shit. :D

^^^L-Dopa? Are you serious? Try mescaline

Yeah having worked with many Parkinson's patients who are prescribed it, I can tell you L-Dopa is only mildly psychoactive, and not in any pleasant way. I really hope you meant L-tyrosine, DarkCode.

LSD ! Is much better! Want similar try methylone!

^^^Zophen-spreading the LSD message of late/ this ++++ really worked eh?

This may not be the best advice (esp. long term) but I find that my favourite substance for a party is 10-20mg of dextroamphetamine. Just enough to keep you awake/dancing/sociable, it doesn't really impair you or make you visibly 'messed up', and you don't run the chance of it becoming overwhelming (which can happen in a party environment with psychedelics and even sometimes with MDxx.) Be forewarned that dextroamphetamine may be neurotoxic, and could be habituating for you.

I remember a long time ago reading some 'trip reports' on erowid about people taking 5-htp at high doses and describing it as similar to the come up on e. I tried it(and no, i didn't take a massive amount) and it did absolutely nothing.

i'm still waiting to get my hands on some pure mdma before i try e.